• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
So I have SSBU now and I unlocked every characters as well as the DLC and oh boy there is still much to do The game the video game is amazing ♥

Just wanted to socialize my happyness about having a Switch & this game ^_^

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This looks like the Whomp's big brother.
rocky1.png
I think it's more related to Rocky, who is literally a smaller version. Also known as Condensed Sand in the JP version.

Let’s call him “Whump”.
I prefer the name Sandman Dragora. And these two are related for my fanon. The other one here in that case is called Rocky Bouldera.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah, finally made a new deck in YGO. Danger Dark Worlds. I have never had this much fun playing a deck before.

1590199886938.png

This smol creature gives me life.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
We've had 21 new moves datamined from Pokémon Home, one being Zarude's Jungle Healing and two presumably being Urshifu's moves

Article is in Spanish but they have a table for the English names further in

Can't believe we're getting Donkey Kong with Expanding Force
"Rising Voltage"
"Wicked Blow"
"Dual Wingbeat"

These and several of the other names are legitimately cool-sounding.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To compare the 21 new moves found in Pokémon Home, Ultra Sun/Moon had only 3 new moves to go along with the 5 new Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

I can't sleep right now so I'm watching Treasure Planet.

I quite loved that movie a lot as a child, and I feel It does still hold up.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I can't sleep right now so I'm watching Treasure Planet.

I quite loved that movie a lot as a child, and I feel It does still hold up.
Same here. I remember when I first watched it as a kid, I was mesmerized by all the CG environments... and even now after re-watching it now that I'm older, I still think it looks amazing, even if it's easy to tell that it's early-2000's CG.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same here. I remember when I first watched it as a kid, I was mesmerized by all the CG environments... and even now, I still think it looks amazing, even if it's easy tell that it's early-2000's CG.
Yeah.

Not to mention the soundtrack is really good:

D

Deleted member

You really just gonna drop by without wishing him a happy birthday first?
View attachment 272511
I am quite excited about that new Twitch project.
The idea of making my own Pac-Man mazes and competing on them live really catches my attention.

The Minecraft DLC also looks really good!!!

And yeah, glad to see Namco doing stuff with the IP up to this day!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There’s something cool about the new Pac-Man Minecraft DLC, besides the DLC itself:

It seems to have Pac-Man World references, even if a small amount; the world outside the maze/arcade area is called “Pac-Man World,” and the Pac-Ranger NPC from World 2 is playable. I thought Namco wanted to pretend the series doesn’t exist, so that’s cool.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I am quite excited about that new Twitch project.
The idea of making my own Pac-Man mazes and competing on them live really catches my attention.

The Minecraft DLC also looks really good!!!

And yeah, glad to see Namco doing stuff with the IP up to this day!
Did you get the chance to see the sketches I shared on the last page?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The other day I mentioned how that Oz show I liked had a original Japan language release.

Guess who bought and received it recently?

D

Deleted member

So I mentioned that I was gonna share more of my Pac-Man sketches similar to this one.
View attachment 272494
These are all characters from existing Pac-Man games aside from Dig Dug, Mappy and Kissy (Baraduke) and I wanted to bring them all into my ideas for a new game/animation series. Tagging @Guh-Huzzah!
Woah, ok these are seriously amazing.

I love how you managed to take Pac-Man characters from different games and with completely changed artstyles and meshed them all together in a really fitting and wonderful artstyle.

Maybe other people have told you this before, but you have a lot of talent when It comes to character redesign man.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
View attachment 272512
I'm too much of a coward to do a genocide run. I'm just gonna do another pacifist run and then the online sans fight.
Dude, the online Sans fight is LIFE! It helps me experience said famous battle without actually DOING the genocide route lol. I care about the characters too much, and besides, the level griding would get really boring for me.

Also, what I've also found fun to do, just to up the entertainment value of the online sans fight is to play OTHER boss tracks over it while you fight, and see which songs match up well. The Smash version of Megalovania is obviously gorgeous, but through experimentation caused by boredom, I learned that the Shadow Queen phase themes from TTYD also work shockingly well, phase 1 for the first half, and phase 2 for the second half.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Woah, ok these are seriously amazing.

I love how you managed to take Pac-Man characters from different games and with completely changed artstyles and meshed them all together in a really fitting and wonderful artstyle.

Maybe other people have told you this before, but you have a lot of talent when It comes to character redesign man.
Thank you dude! I’ve been concerned that the designs would clash too much, but I’m glad you like them and to hear you say that. It would be a big dream to officially work on something like this someday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thank you dude! I’ve been concerned that the designs would clash too much, but I’m glad you like them and to hear you say that. It would be a big dream to officially work on something like this someday.
I'd say to keep doing It and sooner or later you could be hired by a big gaming company.

Remember the character redesigns for Spyro Reignited Trilogy? They were all designed by a Twitter artist who made fan art and the people at Toys For Bob seriously loved.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I see the AMAs are doing redux and all that.

Maybe I should give this redux thing a try. A full year means things may have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom