• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Me right now:

Besides my parents, my brother is staying at my home for two weeks before returning to Washington state.
Also said brother ACTUALLY works for Nintendo as part of their cyber security.
j2qlerp9e1csidv7w9cwyieplwckdx85tr9thvv146ksvfdsdylam2ygrydgiozx.jpg

That security guard should leak things.

D

Deleted member

I just got a Chrome extension that plays the New Horizons Hourly Music in real-time
I may have a slight obsession with Animal Crossing

D

Deleted member

Been a while. What's up?
Not much at this moment in time but quite a lot has changed since I've been gone
I've started doing art streams, I'm a FNAF fan now, I'm no longer actively campaigning for Zoe in Smash, I'm addicted to Animal Crossing
I'm barely the same person I was before in some regards
But that's okay. I think I've improved myself.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 270768
Bruh you have a LOT of explaining to do
Ok, I was thinking of the Fourside theme from Melee, so I searched up Fourside on Smashwiki, and then I remembered the greater name Melee gave it, being Eagleland, and then I realized that Eagleland = Land of the Eagles.

Aka America.

I really went this long without realizing it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Not much at this moment in time but quite a lot has changed since I've been gone
I've started doing art streams, I'm a FNAF fan now, I'm no longer actively campaigning for Zoe in Smash, I'm addicted to Animal Crossing
I'm barely the same person I was before in some regards
But that's okay. I think I've improved myself.
I'm very glad to hear that. That's really cool :)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, I was thinking of the Fourside theme from Melee, so I searched up Fourside on Smashwiki, and then I remembered the greater name Melee gave it, being Eagleland, and then I realized that Eagleland = Land of the Eagles.

Aka America.

I really went this long without realizing it.
This is like not realizing Charizard is a charred lizard

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://twitter.com/EVO/status/1256308529163452416

EVO's physical event is cancelled due to coronavirus concerns, though they're doing an online event instead.

With Marvel vs. Capcom 2 being one of the headlining games at EVO, it makes me hope that at the very least, we'll get an MvC collection so we can play some of those games online (I missed out on getting Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, and I can't redownload Marvel vs. Capcom 2). If it was something like X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, and the first two Marvel vs. Capcom games, I'd gladly buy it ASAP.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

EVO's physical event is cancelled due to coronavirus concerns, though they're doing an online event instead.

With Marvel vs. Capcom 2 being one of the headlining games at EVO, it makes me hope that at the very least, we'll get an MvC collection so we can play some of those games online (I missed out on getting Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, and I can't redownload Marvel vs. Capcom 2). If it was something like X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, and the first two Marvel vs. Capcom games, I'd gladly buy it ASAP.
Imagine if we get the collection and a tease for MvC5 for next gen

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
To ask you and AndreaAC AndreaAC AndreaAC AndreaAC what lesser known time periods would want to see in AC?
I'm not sure if I have a lesser known time period in mind to suggest, but for example, after scrolling through an "AC Encyclopedia" illustration that gathers a lot of amazing concept arts from the games to form the Assassin insignia and spotted this:
eagle.png

Made me wonder, "How would an AC game be if it was set in Mexico?" Because when it comes to Mexico in Videogames, it's always the same "Cartel/Druglord" bull**** and the like. As if we hadn't enough of it in real life and also in movies. I'm not even convinced about the Aztec/Mayan stuff without being a repeat of Origins/Odyssey with magic stuff thrown in with Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca would surely be part of that (I know 'deities' existed in the form of the Precursors, but still). The other events like the Independence and Revolution, it's honestly not worth it.

Honestly, one of the things that got my attention to one of the most obscure and underrated titles of the Series, it being Rogue, was because of this description I saw after Rogue had its reveal trailer 5 years ago, but my statue of Shay from UbiCollectibles has it:
IMG_20200501_125021.jpg

It was intriguing to me along with the fact that the idea of playing as a Templar kind of got my attention when I had just gotten into my head "They are the bad guys and the Assassins are the good ones", plus Shay's trailer not being utterly flashy like Unity or any of the most recent trailers I have seen so far. I kept wondering, "What happened in the mission that it went so badly for him? Why did he took that drastic decision?" I honestly spoiled myself because I just needed to know after being intrigued for so long and when I saw it all, I just felt what he did totally justified. It was an historical event that I myself had NO idea that had happened, and combining this with Earthquakes being one of my biggest fears as I have experienced them myself. The 7 Years War parts are of minimal importance in comparison to what started to shape Shay's path to begin with. Much later I was still so curious about how it happened and what else occurred in that year (1755) in Lisbon that I watched and hour or so Documentary called "God's Wrath" and it left me just as shocked as to when I had got into that section of the game myself. It even made me wish more of the city could be seen and explored before its imminent demise. Plus, I just felt attracted to Shay's character ever since he was shown and as time went by, I just convinced myself more of it.

Basically, I will take anything that manages to catch my attention and intrigues me, but no other AC title has managed it like Rogue did years ago. One day another one might work, but this is not that time.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's funny, because Charmander is Char and Salamander.

Salamanders aren't reptiles. Yet, he evolves into one.
Actually, the whole Charmander thing is gonna bother me. All of Gen 1's starters are based on reptiles, EXCEPT for Charmander, as salamanders are amphibians.
I always took it as referencing previous misconceptions of the salamander in mythos, more or less making everything from lizards to newts to dragons out to be related since they were typically associated with fire. Which obviously plays into the "know the difference" thing with Charizard only sometimes/technically being a dragon.

That said older names/evolutionary paths were always just trying to sound cool above all else, unless Charmeleon is actually implying amphibians become chameleons before becoming a general lizard.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
LONG post incoming...

After playing through P5R two times ( and currently going through a 3rd playthrough ) it has easily become one of my favorite updates to a game that i dearly love ever. The insane amount of new stuff, the incredible polish you feel from playing it, the amazing Thieves Den and mother of god that insane 3rd semester that made me cry like a 7 year old... absolutely worth the 60 bucks! And holy **** that new music!

Also P.S. i FINALLY obtained Yozhitsune after 2 and a half playthroughs hallelujah!

Oh and without any spoilers whatsover:

Akechi is now one of my favorite characters in Persona ever after his inclusion in Royal hands down.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I had a feeling that EVO's physical event would be cancelled.

Personally even though it is interesting to see Marvel Vs Capcom 2 being one of the headlines of this year's EVO, I'm not exactly sure what will be unveiled but I could see either an MvC Collection or a new MvC game in the works being one of those reveals.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Deleted Minecraft. I keep saying I'm done with it, but after glitching through the void for the fourth ****ing time, I've decided that the Switch version is broken and not worth any furthur amount of my time.

Which means I have one less game to play, which sucks but hopefully if all goes well, I'll be able to get Animal Crossing soonish.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Does anyone else feel desperate for interaction?
Yeah and no?
I've got people on here who I talk to like DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , MilkCalf MilkCalf and JD on Discord which has been a saving grace during the quarantine. Also got two friends IRL who I talk to. What annoys is people who can't ****ing finish a conversation and leave half way through it.

What I want most is a routine but I can't half that cause my brother never shuts the **** up and talks all night. So I have to follow his body clock like the seasons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Yeah and no?
I've got people on here who I talk to like DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , MilkCalf MilkCalf and JD on Discord which has been a saving grace during the quarantine. Also got two friends IRL who I talk to. What annoys is people who can't ****ing finish a conversation and leave half way through it.

What I want most is a routine but I can't half that cause my brother never shuts the **** up and talks all night. So I have to follow his body clock like the seasons.
I really haven't been too desperate for interaction these days, I have you and the others on the Discord server to talk to. It's just that Smashboards hasn't been so active as of now ever since the quarantine started.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would love for an Marvel vs. Capcom collection consisting of all the games.

I'd buy that ASAP...Of course after everything blows over whenever that'll be...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tfw you're a Zard main but it's cringy to like Zard because TPC always keeps pandering to you.
SadZard.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom