• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wonder why dogs look cute doing literally anything.
It's because of science.

Cuter wolves were able to get more food from humans. This gave cuter ones an edge when they lived alsongside humans, so que thousands of years of artificial and natural selection and viola, your :ultwolf: is now an :ultisabelle:.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm sure the second session of Ninjala beta test will run much more smoothly.

But I loved what I got to play in the first go around.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Splurged??? Bruh that's gotta be an even $300 - $500
For the first time in years, my finances are on the up. I decided to celebrate a bit.

300 for the PS4
50 for Royal (thanks for either selling the game for the wrong price or on sale Walmart!)
30 for KH3
60 each (180) for Dragon Quest, Astral Chain, and Fire Emblem

Then I also bought the KH 1.5 + 2.5 HD Collection on sale on PS4 (20)

$580 total.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
For the first time in years, my finances are on the up. I decided to celebrate a bit.

300 for the PS4
50 for Royal (thanks for either selling the game for the wrong price or on sale Walmart!)
30 for KH3

$580 total.
Damn dude! That's a lotta money. Also Astral Chain. Friend of true culture.

Then again I am the person who bought a Switch just outta nowhere as well. And kept the tradition of getting it with a new Super Mario game. Pic from 2017.

Old Switch times.jpg

Takes me back. I remember wanting to get the Switch before Xenoblade 2 came out otherwise it would have been a massive problem with my brother.
Take me back to 2017, just without the mental breakdown.

Yeah I'm bored. You guys post of when you got your consoles.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Alright. Got into the Ninjala Beta. Played one match, and now I'm having connection issues. Thanks NSO.
So far got into one match of Ninjala. Pretty fun.

But now I'm being bombarded with connection errors. :glare:
manged to get through one round of Ninjala before what I assume is a server overload

From what I've played, pretty fun

honestly, it's not as Splatoon-y as you'd initially presume
So how was our time with Ninjala?
I had a fun time... WHEN I WASN'T BEING DENIED ACCESS!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Then again I am the person who bought a Switch just outta nowhere as well. And kept the tradition of getting it with a new Super Mario game. Pic from 2017.

View attachment 270528

Takes me back. I remember wanting to get the Switch before Xenoblade 2 came out otherwise it would have been a massive problem with my brother.

I remember when I got my Switch, it was a birthday present and I got it with Pollen and Street fighter 2.

I haven't touched street fighter 2 since I got the anniversary collection and moved to playing Alpha 3.

Come to think of it all my consoles were gifts, technically even my PS4, I bought it myself but it was with inheritance money from a dead relative

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I played a single match and I came in third. I’d say it’s really fun. The camera was kind of obscene but I probably should have set it to automatic instead of manual. It’s simpler then I thought it would be too, maybe just because I didn’t have time to unlock anything.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 270525

Looks like it’s been a slow day.
good polar bear dog

300 for the PS4
30 for KH3

$580 total.
giphy (12).gif

I remember when I got my Switch, it was a birthday present and I got it with Pollen and Street fighter 2.

I haven't touched street fighter 2 since I got the anniversary collection and moved to playing Alpha 3.

Come to think of it all my consoles were gifts, technically even my PS4, I bought it myself but it was with inheritance money from a dead relative
I got no games with my Switch until a day later...didn't care cause I was too busy being hyped over such an early graduation gift

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
woe look at all these rich people
Time matured me with money. 2020 care with money was very different than back then.

2017 I bought like 60 games or so and a console, something crazy like that. I'm serious.

2019 only about 10 games.

Also at the point where few things are impressing me to say the least games wise.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's actually really fun. Depending on how they implement it's "free-to-play" mechanics, I can totally see myself spend hours with it

Looking forward to the full release, assuming they work out the servers in time (That is the reason they run these beta tests tho, so I'd assume they will by then)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I played a single match and I came in third. I’d say it’s really fun. The camera was kind of obscene but I probably should have set it to automatic instead of manual. It’s simpler then I thought it would be too, maybe just because I didn’t have time to unlock anything.
I was able to get a few more matches in before the servers implored for good.
I even got in first place in the last match.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What are you thinking in terms of a Ninjala character in Smash? Which attacks do what, etc. I figured they could do all (or most) of the game’s playable characters BJ style.
There's definitely great moveset potential that could come from one of them. The katana, bubble gum, and yo-yo would be good choices.

As for it actually happening? I better not keep my hopes too high.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once I settle in my new place, there's quite a few movies I've been wanting to watch again and been in the mood for.

Heisei Gamera Trilogy, Reign of Fire, Rampage, The Meg, Kong: Skull Island are among those.

Guess its an means to continue keeping myself patient until Godzilla vs. Kong comes out I propose...

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
While we're on the topic of movies, AMC is not gonna be showing Universal movies for a while due to Universal releasing "Trolls: World Tour" for digital rental and theaters at the same time.

Source

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While we're on the topic of movies, AMC is not gonna be showing Universal movies for a while due to Universal releasing "Trolls: World Tour" for digital rental and theaters at the same time.

Source
On the other hand too Scoob! has been now resorted to video-on-demand from its theatrical release.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

View attachment 270528

I bought my Switch in early April of 2017 with Breath of the Wild and then I picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a few weeks later. That year was pretty light with substantial first party releases for the longest time, but it gave me a reason to experiment a little more with games like ARMS, Splatoon 2 (not a huge fan of it, though), and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 270528

I bought my Switch for the sole reason that my Wii U version of Breath of the Wild was unplayable :yoshi:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One of these days, I'm going to sit down and beat Ocarina of Time. Every time I try, I keep getting stuck somewhere - usually the Water Temple or the Spirit Temple. (I know that the 3DS version makes the Water Temple easier, but I already have the game on the Gamecube) I'll stick to a guide for the Water Temple if need be (not sure if it's actually possible to make the Water Temple unwinnable, or if you have to use keys in a very specific order to progress, but it's better to be safe than sorry) and see how it goes over the next few days.

Also, I watched the first two episodes of the 90's X-Men animated series today, along with a bit of the third. Good stuff, though Professor X and Magneto sound VERY different compared to what I'm used to.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
One of these days, I'm going to sit down and beat Ocarina of Time. Every time I try, I keep getting stuck somewhere - usually the Water Temple or the Spirit Temple. (I know that the 3DS version makes the Water Temple easier, but I already have the game on the Gamecube) I'll stick to a guide for the Water Temple if need be (not sure if it's actually possible to make the Water Temple unwinnable, or if you have to use keys in a very specific order to progress, but it's better to be safe than sorry) and see how it goes over the next few days.

Also, I watched the first two episodes of the 90's X-Men animated series today, along with a bit of the third. Good stuff, though Professor X and Magneto sound VERY different compared to what I'm used to.
Ocarina of Time is like the easiest and most beginner friendly Zelda aside from maybe Wind Waker. Also I'm pretty sure you can't get stuck in Water Temple but there's an easy to miss part because of the way one of the cutscenes work. :yoshi:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's impossible to make the Water Temple unbeatable. If you get stuck here's a hint (in spoilers):

In the center room where you play Zelda's Lullaby to raise the water level to medium, try looking underneath a block that held the door you came through initially.

Good luck when you get to it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ocarina of Time is like the easiest and most beginner friendly Zelda aside from maybe Wind Waker. Also I'm pretty sure you can't get stuck in Water Temple but there's an easy to miss part because of the way one of the cutscenes work. :yoshi:
I feel like the Water Temple just intimidates me because of the reputation that it had when I first played it. I had a similar experience with the Test of Strength in Star Fox Adventures - as a kid, it was so tough that I needed to look up how to mash the buttons quickly enough using an unusual method, but replaying the game later, that segment was hilariously easy.

Still, the only 3D Zelda games that I've beaten are Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild, so I want to expand on that list. (I've seen my brother or cousins beat the other 3D games, which killed my motivation to play them for a while)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay. Nitpick I know. But why is Mushroom Kingdom 2 not called Subcon? That’s clearly what it’s based on.
Because, unlike Xenoblade Chronicles, Sakurai deeply cares about the secrecy of Mario spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom