• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The voice of Wedge in FF7R sounds so familiar, he definitely voiced in something I watched growing up.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I could use some help.
For some reason the L button on my joy con stopped responding. I clicked it and nothing happened. I don’t think it’s jammed, because it’s not stuck down or anything. It just won’t work. At first it was okay, because I could always switch to the sideways joy con and press SL instead. Except now I’ve gotten to a game where I can’t do anything. I can’t progress the game until I press the L button and it won’t let me play with a sideways joy con. This is the only left joy con I have and I don’t have any pro controllers. I don’t want to have to go buy an expensive joy con, especially since my GameStop is sold out of everything switch related. What is the cheapest option for me to get this fixed or replaced fast? Is there some other controller that’s cheaper that would work well enough? Please let me know.
Edit: ignore. I played around in settings for a couple of seconds and found out

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You're all probably aware that people online have been selling Pokémon that are rare, 6 IV and/or shiny for Sword/Shield. Nothing new there.

But now I've learned that people are selling PREORDERS for Pokémon that aren't even available yet (like Kubfu and Calyrex).

That right there I have trust issues with.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You're all probably aware that people online have been selling Pokémon that are rare, 6 IV and/or shiny for Sword/Shield. Nothing new there.

But now I've learned that people are selling PREORDERS for Pokémon that aren't even available yet (like Kubfu and Calyrex).

Preorders? Like, someone catches the mon and someone else has to put a down payment to get it?

?????? Are Pokemon fans really THAT lazy?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Fighter Pack 7: Atari Flashback Pack

New Fighter: Yar

New Stage: Atari Flashback (cycles between layouts based on Asteroids, Gravitar, Centipede, Tempest, Breakout, and of course, Yar’s Revenge.

Music and Spirits from all previously mentioned Atari Games, as well as additional ones like Adventure, Crystal Castle, and Major Havoc.

Opinions?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TFW When you realize before there was MCU Thanos. There was Justice League: Doom Vandal Savage.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I remember back during Gen 3, there were people on eBay selling services to hack your game to give you access to limited events.

How do I know? Because I did that twice to unlock the Navel Rock & Birth Island in my copy of Leaf Green. Had to mail off my copy to the seller, who'd then use a hacking device to unlock them. As a dumb pre-teen who didn't know what Game Shark/Action Replay was, in a world where Nintendo didn't have the resources to distribute event Pokemon* in mass, someone selling the events for $10 wasn't something I couldn't resist.

*Granted Nintendo did give out the Eon Ticket through Nintendo Power. I also bought a copy of the card on eBay. I was both happy/mad when the card was given out two months later for free/got stuck with two copies. RIP E-Reader :laugh:

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Just found a cool game that was on sale. It’s called ‘Transistor’. Expect a rant tomorrow about how amazing it is.
Almost forgot something-
Red for Smash

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Me: “oh boy Minecraft RTX”

App I need to try it: “hold on there bucko you need to update your Windows 10”

Windows 10 Update: “haha good luck with that”

Me: [internal screaming intensifies]

Computer: *huge sigh of relief since it doesn’t even have a flashy new RTX card*

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My tracer play got way better suddenly, simply because my new laptop is built for overwatch and im now running at nearly 200 fps instead of an average of 30 fps.

I love my new laptop <3 and how my overwatch gameplay got a buff, but especially on tracer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Me: “oh boy Minecraft RTX”

App I need to try it: “hold on there bucko you need to update your Windows 10”

Windows 10 Update: “haha good luck with that”

Me: [internal screaming intensifies]

Computer: *huge sigh of relief since it doesn’t even have a flashy new RTX card*
Thanks for telling me it's finally out.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I finished Final Fantasy 7 Remake. First Final Fantasy game I've ever beaten and I spent around 50 hours on it.

It was fantastic through and through. There were some rough edges (Chapter 14 and 17 in particular) but it was still a splendid ride the whole way through with a really likable and memorable set of characters, set pieces and music.

And there was a scene between Aerith and Cloud that I will not spoil that....actually shook me due to how closely it hit to me on a personal level with what I'm currently going through.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Me: maybe I should do something actually productive during my time with quarantine.
That is exactly how I feel sometimes. I got work to do, but sometimes as much as I try to keep a positive and energetic attitude or motivation, it just takes a while to come, though this kind of thing also happened before the quarantine.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD OK, this is kind of a mess. I'm torn between keep listening to The Hobbit, get into drawing or continue listening to a compilation of Troy Baker and Nolan North playing videogames while they make silly voices and literally name one of the characters "Anus". x'D I fell asleep while listening to the Audiobook TWICE now, and Gandalf, The Dwarves and Bilbo are STILL MAKING PLANS. I mean, the song about what Bilbo hates was hilarious....but they are taking too long to do anything that keeps me awake. x'D Maybe this is happening because with The Silmarillion I was sleeping most of the day because I was sick and stayed awake longer.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was bored, so I decided to make a fighter's pass of fourth party characters.
nonvgFP.png

The gimmick is that all of these have had a major gaming endeavor (Spider-Man PS4, Goldeneye, DBFZ, almost everything, Battle for Bikini Bottom. I considered Batman (Archam) and Homer Simpson (Hit and Run), but I went for maximum uniqueness and there was some overlap witnh Spider Man and Spongebob respectively.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i posted this in the wrong thread at first but

I just finished my fossils **** yeah dude, can't believe I got it done in less than a month.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I was bored, so I decided to make a fighter's pass of fourth party characters.View attachment 269456
The gimmick is that all of these have had a major gaming endeavor (Spider-Man PS4, Goldeneye, DBFZ, almost everything, Battle for Bikini Bottom. I considered Batman (Archam) and Homer Simpson (Hit and Run), but I went for maximum uniqueness and there was some overlap witnh Spider Man and Spongebob respectively.
6/10, needs more duck.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Why is bullet hell game music so catchy?

I keep rotating between five games I've barely/never played before.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ITS HAPPENING ITS HAPPENING ITS MOTHER ****ING HAPPENING AND I AINT NOWHERE NEAR ****ING READY FOR THIS
Persona 5 Royal final boss time...I can’t do this until I wake up tomorrow cause I don’t wanna **** up my sleep...and I STILL AINT ****ING READY IM FREAKED OUT AND UNREASONABLY OVERDRIVEHYPED

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That is exactly how I feel sometimes. I got work to do, but sometimes as much as I try to keep a positive and energetic attitude or motivation, it just takes a while to come, though this kind of thing also happened before the quarantine.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy xD OK, this is kind of a mess. I'm torn between keep listening to The Hobbit, get into drawing or continue listening to a compilation of Troy Baker and Nolan North playing videogames while they make silly voices and literally name one of the characters "Anus". x'D I fell asleep while listening to the Audiobook TWICE now, and Gandalf, The Dwarves and Bilbo are STILL MAKING PLANS. I mean, the song about what Bilbo hates was hilarious....but they are taking too long to do anything that keeps me awake. x'D Maybe this is happening because with The Silmarillion I was sleeping most of the day because I was sick and stayed awake longer.
The Hobbit is a slow burn. You’re probably in the first act as I would call it and it gets progressively more interesting as it goes on but I’m sure Nolan and Troy are like 100x more fun to listen to.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The Hobbit is a slow burn.
...Slow indeed.

You’re probably in the first act as I would call it and it gets progressively more interesting as it goes on
xD I really hope so! Because again, I don't want to miss out, but falling asleep pisses me off! (Also, it was funny when I realized that they changed the title of "An Unexpected Party" (at first I was like party? And they I remember that party can refer to a group in English) in the movie to "An Unexpected Journey.
but I’m sure Nolan and Troy are like 100x more fun to listen to.
xD Oh my Gosh, I messed up, I am not just listening, I am also watching them play! They are amazing, I must say. (and dang it, Troy is freakin' cute....xD And it makes me imagine him making the faces that were put on Talion for the photo mode, because they are hysterical to look at.)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just gave my mom 20 dollars in the hopes she'll bring McDonalds when she goes into town tomorrow. It feels like I haven't had fast food in 3 months.

I know it's not healthy, and my body is probably healthier than it's ever been but man do I miss the taste.

Young Caeda looks pretty crazy:
Young Marth, E3 fighter pass reveal, you heard it here first

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

And 99.9% of the time they're just hacked to begin with.

Not that I have any problem with Hackmons, but it's such a disgusting way to make money lol.

"Nooo you can't just Gameshark in Pokemon and sell them! That's illegal!"

"Haha, Gameshark go brrrrrrrrr."

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Just gave my mom 20 dollars in the hopes she'll bring McDonalds when she goes into town tomorrow. It feels like I haven't had fast food in 3 months.

I know it's not healthy, and my body is probably healthier than it's ever been but man do I miss the taste.
Fast food is perfectly fine in moderation. Once every three months is definitely way more than enough time. It's not like fast food completely wrecks your health, you can have it once or twice a week and be in perfectly good health as long as the rest of your diet is balanced and have other healthy habits.

It's the people who have that kind of food and other junk food consistently on a daily basis that develop health problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom