• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1585017104724.png

aw yeah, it's island time

decided to cave in and get New Horizons, been playing it pretty much the entire day and having an absolute blast

the only other AC game I've played is Wild World and the series has changed quite a bit since then, so hopefully I'm in for a fairly fresh experience, so far so good

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I’m gonna start New Horizons tonight on my brother’s island. Looking forward to that for sure.

which reminds me, do you think that Shari might favor the Irish? She showed up as the starting Uchi villager for both Jacksepticeye and DaithideNogla, so I can’t help but think that she has preferences of some sort...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyone remember this?
View attachment 266794
View attachment 266795
This is why Smash fans hate Fire Emblem a lot. (Well sometimes.)

(Kirby not getting a new rep still makes me mad.)
I mean we can whine and complain about how "painful" it is that there are a lot of Fire Emblem characters in Smash but it's never going to change the fact that they're in the game. So, like, what's the point?

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Need some advice.
I’m buying a Toon Link amiibo, but I’m only able to get a Smash 4 one due to some weird thing happening with the GameStop closings in my area. Anyways, does a Smash 4 amiibo still work on Ultimate? I’m pretty sure it does but I’d like to be sure.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Need some advice.
I’m buying a Toon Link amiibo, but I’m only able to get a Smash 4 one due to some weird thing happening with the GameStop closings in my area. Anyways, does a Smash 4 amiibo still work on Ultimate? I’m pretty sure it does but I’d like to be sure.
Mhm! You can actually transfer Wuu U amiibo data over to Ultimate. There’s a significant level-down, but your fighter should still know some of the techniques you taught it.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Mhm! You can actually transfer Wuu U amiibo data over to Ultimate. There’s a significant level-down, but your fighter should still know some of the techniques you taught it.
Oh, that’s actually really nice! If I knew about that, I would’ve known that my Bowser Jr. amiibo isn’t useless now. Thanks!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good night all. Here's to an direct announcement tomorrow.

If nothing though its undesirable given everything that's happening now. Health and safety of people comes first.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Have any of you had a guy try and commission you to make Brawl Mods? I just got a message and I'm not sure how to respond.

The grammar mistakes alone makes me suspicious.

Of course, there's also the random capitalization.

And in addition, Cyclone Studios already exists as a legit company that makes Steam and Switch. There's no way they're gonna make a Brawl Mod with Nintendo in their contacts.

And lastly, why on earth would he use a personal email instead of a company one if it's the studio reaching out? Plus, that email's mad suspicious. I bet if you hover over it, or copy-paste (without entering), it'll take you to a malicious website

Tl;DR, scam.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sounds like a scam, I'd ignore it tbh.
The grammar mistakes alone makes me suspicious.

Of course, there's also the random capitalization.

And in addition, Cyclone Studios already exists as a legit company that makes Steam and Switch. There's no way they're gonna make a Brawl Mod with Nintendo in their contacts.

And lastly, why on earth would he use a personal email instead of a company one if it's the studio reaching out? Plus, that email's mad suspicious. I bet if you hover over it, or copy-paste (without entering), it'll take you to a malicious website

Tl;DR, scam.
I mean it's obviously a scam, but I wanted to see if anyone else on the thread got it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You joke, but despite me not being afraid of the virus, my town's going to hell real fast.
It’s that way for pretty much everywhere unfortunately. The media has made fear way more escalated

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just finished Yakuza Kiwami 2.im officially in uncharted waters as I've never played Yakuza 3. I heard its the bad one due to the jump between console generations.

Can you truly call yourself enlightened if you don’t know that the first few notes of the staff roll to New Super Mario Bros Wii and the main theme of Donkey Kong Barrel Blast are the same?
Screenshot_20200130-222340.png

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Heard that a Smash discord got deleted after the owner threw a tantrum when people were voting for him to step down. I must've missed something fun

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just popped a balloon and had another skeleton fall from the sky. That's two random skeletons in one day.

What is this game trying to tell me?

D

Deleted member

Geez, I haven't been here in ages but it's nice to be back once in awhile. I hope you all have been doing well during this time of crisis and confusion. This virus is pretty terrifying I think but as long as we take precautions I'm sure we'll be fine. I hope you've all been being careful as I sure have.

Anywho on a brighter note, Animal Crossing is such a fun game and it's been such a blast playing it. The game is so relaxing and enjoyable and it has me hooked to the point I stayed up for 7 hours straight playing the game and nothing else so from midnight to 7am. It's that good. It also helps take my mind off of Smash and Nintendo news as at this point I don't care when it'll happen if a direct gets revealed tomorrow/today? Great, if not? Oh well it'll happen eventually. I haven't even really cared much about Smash at all recently and it's actually been enjoyable not having to worry about who gets revealed and when I'm just here for the ride currently. I'd love to get Reimu or Geno but if not that's fine.

Point is, Glad to be here and drop in once in awhile and I hope you've all been taking care as I've been doing so myself. Cheers.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I was rooting for Marx myself though I can’t complain about his boss battle though
Due to a misunderstood leak, I heard that the Ender Dragon was supposed to be a boss in WoL (turns out someone misinterpreted the codename for Rathalos in the game's files), so during that whole section I was expecting that to be the boss. None of the other bosses were too surprising, since they'd all been shown off in some form in the leadup to the game's release.

So, as a Kirby fan, expecting Ender Dragon or something else, getting all the way to that boss and seeing the silhouette made me gasp. It was one of the biggest surprises in the game, since so much had been shown and detailed already.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I think we're well aware of why plenty of Smash fans dislike Fire Emblem. (I'd say that it's beating a dead horse at this point, but the metaphor would probably go beyond that)

We could definitely use more Kirby characters, though - I'd like to see Bandanna Dee or some form of Dark Matter, though Adeline (and Ribbon?) could be neat.
Bandana Dee will never be in Smash because bias.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finally caught a tuna, wasn't expecting it but now I can say my museum is almost up to par on the Ocean Fish list.

I wish I had a peacock butterfly though, then I'd actually be done with the March list of things to catch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom