• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Imma time traval so ****ing hard. Each day the Able Sisters has new stuff so You know I gotta see those
I get the benefits but I don't really like time travelling in AC cos it sorta breaks my immersion of time passing in the game reflecting the flow of time in the real world

That said, not sure why it bothers Nintendo so much that they've implemented all these features to discourage it like holidays coming as updates - it's not like this is a competitive game lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do find it interesting that almost every Pokemon stage since Brawl has been based off late game events. Spear Pillar, and the two Pokemon Leagues are things you do late in the game. I'm really only pointing this out because almost every new other stage is based on early-early mid game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
the nostalgia AHHHHHHH
I still don't fully understand what this series is.

I do find it interesting that almost every Pokemon stage since Brawl has been based off late game events. Spear Pillar, and the two Pokemon Leagues are things you do late in the game. I'm really only pointing this out because almost every new other stage is based on early-early mid game.
You know I never noticed that before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't fully understand what this series is.
Blah blah blah Digital world that for some reason exists without people knowing blah blah the monsters there are sentient blah blah anything that happens there affects the IRL world etc etc

That's the gist, anyway.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Morning! I'm gonna try and binge-watch the newest episodes of MHA on demand, since I'm off from school.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Blah blah blah Digital world that for some reason exists without people knowing blah blah the monsters there are sentient blah blah anything that happens there affects the IRL world etc etc

That's the gist, anyway.
I know what Digimon is, I meant this specific series.

D

Deleted member

I get the benefits but I don't really like time travelling in AC cos it sorta breaks my immersion of time passing in the game reflecting the flow of time in the real world
I agree. Once you start time traveling and looking up guides to Animal Crossing, it loses its appeal and becomes menial labor at some point. It's how I dropped the games in the past and I wont make the same mistake again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

That said, not sure why it bothers Nintendo so much that they've implemented all these features to discourage it like holidays coming as updates - it's not like this is a competitive game lol
the way you counter that is just remebering you can always go back to the day it is and never touch it again and bam back to normal

im impatient so I do it all the time pff and I dont think Ninten cares as much as the community. I remeber people talking down to peeps that time travaled because "thats not how the game is supposed to be played" If Nintendo hated it, they would of 1000% made it impossable after the GC Game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fighting Mettaton in Undertale with joycon drifting is like playing a Rythm Heaven Game with someone trying to take the controller from you and ruining your timing.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
still got no idea what to call my island in NH

or what layout to go with

damn, this is gonna take hours

D

Deleted member

If I live long enough to play New Horizons I will call my island "Gran Canaria".

Easiest decission in my life.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'm going to work. Take this, and take extra special care of her while I'm gone okay?
xD That's one literal GIANT ribbon. I wonder if that might be too much weight for poor Ribbon (Makes me wish there was a remastered version of Kirby 64...)

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I'm still freaking sick, and I hate it. T - T Mostly been sleeping all day still, but at least I have given myself the time to keep listening to the Audiobook of The Silmarillion. XD I have to say that it has been pretty entertaining despite it being pretty complex in how it is written. Tolkien did love to describe EVERY SINGLE PLACE, one after another. And the whole "Never swear an Oath, good or bad." and its consequences, is pretty scary. I reached 6 hours out of 12. yay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

movement testing.sfm.it's not actuallythatbad.mp3
Limit+Break%21.gif

*Ahem* It's pretty boring today(most of the school went on a trip) so expect to see more drawings/animations today

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does anybody have those days where they just wake up feeling weird or some sort of empty feeling? Because that's me today hopefully that'll change tonight especially when I go to my other job later.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Very mellow day at work today. I like that. But it also makes it kind of boring. Think I'm gonna clock out at 2:30 today. They don't need me for the last half hour.

D

Deleted member

I still wouldn't call it good, but yeah boi I just nailed a face down on a design I'm drawing for once.

D

Deleted member

I've been trying to make progress in some games I haven't beaten.

But I am so emotionally down that I just don't have the strength to keep playing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Alright, I want to ask something.

Sonic games.

Is Sonic Generations the best Sonic game?

Like, taking your personal bias favorite out of the equation and just looking at the game as a whole and the quality of the all around product. Is Sonic Genrations the best Sonic game?

Yea or nay?
No, but it's definitely one of the better games in the series.

Some of my gripes with the game include:

- Classic Sonic doesn't control nearly as well as he does in the original games and rolling as a means of picking up speed is non existent.

- A majority of the side missions are pointless fluff and a few are downright terrible (the spinning top challenge in Sky Sanctuary and treasure hunting with Knuckles immediately come to mind).

- Bosses are a joke even on the hardest difficulty and the Time Eater fight is horribly designed.

- The story is extremely lacking and misses the opportunity to cram in more references to past games (Sonic and Tails share a moment after clearing Chemical Plant but that's about it).

- Planet Wisp

- Super Sonic hardly feels like an upgrade beyond the invincibility and the modern version drinks rings when you're boosting.

- This one is a bit of a minor nitpick but I feel like the amount of city stages were a bit excessive.

Still a very fun game, though.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No, but it's definitely one of the better games in the series.

Some of my gripes with the game include:

- Classic Sonic doesn't control nearly as well as he does in the original games and rolling as a means of picking up speed is non existent.

- A majority of the side missions are pointless fluff and a few are downright terrible (the spinning top challenge in Sky Sanctuary and treasure hunting with Knuckles immediately come to mind).

- Bosses are a joke even on the hardest difficulty and the Time Eater fight is horribly designed.

- The story is extremely lacking and misses the opportunity to cram in more references to past games (Sonic and Tails share a moment after clearing Chemical Plant but that's about it).

- Planet Wisp

- Super Sonic hardly feels like an upgrade beyond the invincibility and the modern version drinks rings when you're boosting.

- This one is a bit of a minor nitpick but I feel like the amount of city stages were a bit excessive.

Still a very fun game, though.
Right, all reasonable gripes but as I said, taking personal bias out of it and just looking at it as a game wouldn't you say it's the best of them?

Classic Sonic for Classic fans (also for what it's worth this is the best Classic Sonic has controlled in a 3D iteration to date), Modern Sonic for Modern fans, and call backs to almost all of the major Sonic games, not to mention THE best soundtrack in the series where you can pick and choose what song plays in what stage, a well sized art gallery, boss fight call backs to Shadow, Silver, and Metal Sonic, and a decent enough story that allows for the time jumping to make sense.

Yeah, I agree the sidequests are superfluous but they're almost entirely optional and, hey, at least they're there. Most Sonic games don't have that stuff.

And on top of all that the replayability of the game is really high because of the different routes, the red star rings, and mastering the two different styles.

So, do you see where I'm coming from? It might not be everyone's favorite but I think, as a game, it's Sonic's best.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn that **** sucks
the bird was deep fried, grilled, and then smoked...twas hella delicious
she/her now but ty i am very good

View attachment 264880
I have no idea how I summoned you as my Persona while trying to get Arsene
That doesn't explain why Bayonetta was absent.
She was shopping and killing Dark Pit
Alright, I want to ask something.

Sonic games.

Is Sonic Generations the best Sonic game?

Like, taking your personal bias favorite out of the equation and just looking at the game as a whole and the quality of the all around product. Is Sonic Genrations the best Sonic game?

Yea or nay?
either Generations, Colors, or Mania...or Boom

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
xD That's one literal GIANT ribbon. I wonder if that might be too much weight for poor Ribbon (Makes me wish there was a remastered version of Kirby 64...)

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I'm still freaking sick, and I hate it. T - T Mostly been sleeping all day still, but at least I have given myself the time to keep listening to the Audiobook of The Silmarillion. XD I have to say that it has been pretty entertaining despite it being pretty complex in how it is written. Tolkien did love to describe EVERY SINGLE PLACE, one after another. And the whole "Never swear an Oath, good or bad." and its consequences, is pretty scary. I reached 6 hours out of 12. yay.
The Silmarillion is pure world building through and through. It sets up all of middle earth and how it came to be the way it was in The Hobbit so yeah, I can definitely see how it might be a little overbearing listening to an audiobook tirelessly describe things for hours. XD

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The Silmarillion is pure world building through and through. It sets up all of middle earth and how it came to be the way it was in The Hobbit so yeah, I can definitely see how it might be a little overbearing listening to an audiobook tirelessly describe things for hours. XD
:3 Not that I find it any less interesting. I mean, heck, I got shocked at some parts so far. I was always seeing something about an Oath that came from Celebrimbor's family and I wondered "How bad can that oath really be to get them banished?" then I got to that part with Feanor and I was like "...Holy crap, THIS GUY WENT MAD!" OUO And Spiders...I don't like spiders.... The main problem I have is that, I never was the best at the Geography class, and trying to imagine what he's describing with the odd sounding names on top of that, is hard. :p

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last night I had a dram that the Gatekeeper from Three Houses joined Smash. He dual wielded a pair of poleaxes and had a lot of moves that aided in mobility, such as an attack where he stuck his weapons in the ground and used them to swing forward in the air.

Now I unironically want badass poleaxe wielding Gatekeeper in Smash. Thanks, brain.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just remembered that Shadow was playable in Sonic Forces, and his levels were actually kinda hard, especially to S-Rank.

Which is weird, because the game itself was braindead easy.

D

Deleted member

Right, all reasonable gripes but as I said, taking personal bias out of it and just looking at it as a game wouldn't you say it's the best of them?

Classic Sonic for Classic fans (also for what it's worth this is the best Classic Sonic has controlled in a 3D iteration to date), Modern Sonic for Modern fans, and call backs to almost all of the major Sonic games, not to mention THE best soundtrack in the series where you can pick and choose what song plays in what stage, a well sized art gallery, boss fight call backs to Shadow, Silver, and Metal Sonic, and a decent enough story that allows for the time jumping to make sense.

Yeah, I agree the sidequests are superfluous but they're almost entirely optional and, hey, at least they're there. Most Sonic games don't have that stuff.

And on top of all that the replayability of the game is really high because of the different routes, the red star rings, and mastering the two different styles.

So, do you see where I'm coming from? It might not be everyone's favorite but I think, as a game, it's Sonic's best.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

To build onto the topic, I will say I prefer Classic Sonic in Generations to Mania only because of how much insane bull**** you can do with the busted spindash and open level design. To me, it's how Classic Sonic should be designed.

I played Mania a while back, and I noticed a lot of the levels were confined and crowded with a lot of obstacles. Because there's so much junk to run into, it made Sonic's speed feel more like a hinderance. "Why go fast and then be punished for going fast" was always a problem I had with Sonic games. Mania's still a good game and all, but Sonic Generations just fits like a glove because it accomodates both gameplay styles with a mindset of "easy to beat, fun to get good at."

It's pretty much the de facto modern Sonic game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Im sticking to naming my Island Ram Ranch

That would be pretty interesting if Disney gave a care about Epic Mickey themselves but they dont
I've heard rumours and rumblings of an HD port being worked on.

.... Elevator Pitch, Epic Mickey Wasteland as a world in Kingdom Hearts.
I think it would be really cool to use it as an apocalyptic future for Disney Castle (similar to how Timeless River was the past) and you have to go back and forth between past and present doing missions to prevent that future, in favour of a less bleak one.

Edit: I meant back and forth between present and future.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
For fun, I came up with a comparison list detailing a select number of modern fighting game rosters compared to Smash Ultimate. And the result is staggering for the latter game:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
76 (Base roster) + 12 (DLC) = 88

Street Fighter V:
16 + 24 = 40

Dragon Ball FighterZ:
21 + 19 = 40

Tekken 7:
52 characters total (including palette swap characters).

BBCTB:
53 characters total.

Soulcalibur VI:
27 characters total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom