• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you really don't wanna sleep at night, or want to see just how tough ya are, then here's a challenge for you: just imagine yourself in any isolated, empty or just some dark location with no lighting, then listen to the audio clip of Doug Rattmann's ramblings from Portal 2. Or just listen to that clip when you're alone at night, period.

Have fun.

I say this because that audio clip creeps the hell out of me to this day. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright I lied, i was hungry and made myself a bowl of noodles BUT WHEN IM DONE... Its sleepin' time.

Edit: THATS A LOWER CASE I HOW CAN THIS BE?!?!?!

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My laptop decided to give out a few days back. Then today my phone stopped working. I worry for the life of my desktop now, with my luck it's gonna be in flames by morning T-T

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just as I thought my roommate’s cat was starting to warm up to me by letting me rub her belly on the couch, two minutes later she bites and attacks my hand.

...I miss having a dog.
Sometimes cats bite you because you missed some small warning they gave. And sometimes they just do for playing. She's probably not angry with you.

Also, if she was lying on her side, it might be better to stick to petting her head.

Okay. Weird idea, but I want to float it and maybe get some ideas from the conversation. I want to do a film about a classic, golden age style, cartoon character, coming out as a trans woman after their 90th anniversary. The film is inspired by Bugs Bunny's frequent cross dressing (and ideally would be starring the character but no way would WB ever allow it), and for one scene i want to include a support group of other new toons who are all of the trans persuasion. And I only have ideas for two characters. I figured I would pick the forum's brain for ideas. And I want to emphasize that these should be characters first, and trans characters second. Not tokens or stereotypes, basically.
One of my favorite OCs happens to be a trans woman.

She's clumsy and something of a worrywart and kinda dresses and acts like an old lady despite being young so she gives the impression of being incompetent. But she surprises people when she gets into her "get **** done" mode because she's always prepared for any bad situation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes cats bite you because you missed some small warning they gave. And sometimes they just do for playing. She's probably not angry with you.

Also, if she was lying on her side, it might be better to stick to petting her head.

One of my favorite OCs happens to be a trans woman.

She's clumsy and something of a worrywart and kinda dresses and acts like an old lady despite being young so she gives the impression of being incompetent. But she surprises people when she gets into her "get **** done" mode because she's always prepared for any bad situation.
That already sounds like a perfect idea for a series of golden age shorts! I love it!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can have your main in the background of your posts and there's a special premium only forum.
Annnnd I knew I missed something lol. Tho I haven't visited the Disco Room (think it was the name of the premium only forum?) in like years

Thanks for clarifying nonethless.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Man i'd love to see that if I can, I thought the first movie was pretty great.
Hoo boy. While I think the first movie had much better development for all of the characters, this one operates on a much bigger scale in terms of the battles and that's all I really need to be entertained.

People complain that it felt like fanservice and that the major plot point of the climax near the end didn't make sense nor did the resolve but I thought it was cool regardless.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay, just had a random thought and I wanted to write it down before I forget about it in the morning.

The Sega and Capcom crossover comic from like 5 years ago would have been infinitely more epic if they brought in Kiryu to fight alongside the army they had.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Okay, just had a random thought and I wanted to write it down before I forget about it in the morning.

The Sega and Capcom crossover comic from like 5 years ago would have been infinitely more epic if they brought in Kiryu to fight alongside the army they had.
Ah, but they could only promote kid-friendly characters, Kiryu-chan doesn't fit that bill.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, I want to ask something.

Sonic games.

Is Sonic Generations the best Sonic game?

Like, taking your personal bias favorite out of the equation and just looking at the game as a whole and the quality of the all around product. Is Sonic Genrations the best Sonic game?

Yea or nay?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If you really don't wanna sleep at night, or want to see just how tough ya are, then here's a challenge for you: just imagine yourself in any isolated, empty or just some dark location with no lighting, then listen to the audio clip of Doug Rattmann's ramblings from Portal 2. Or just listen to that clip when you're alone at night, period.

Have fun.

I say this because that audio clip creeps the hell out of me to this day. Your mileage may vary.
Ah, I see that you have outstanding taste in games.

D

Deleted member

This is some nice looking fan art if I've seen one!
Cardfight!!.Vanguard.full.1585330.jpg

If only I could draw that well :(

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Anyone else watch the new season of Castlevania? I'm only on episode 3 right now, but the way that Redheaded vampire beat the crap out of Hector was pretty hot.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I want to ask something.

Sonic games.

Is Sonic Generations the best Sonic game?

Like, taking your personal bias favorite out of the equation and just looking at the game as a whole and the quality of the all around product. Is Sonic Genrations the best Sonic game?

Yea or nay?
Some people might argue Mania, but I hate the standard classic gameplay.

Sonic Generations is my favorite Sonic game. Each stage is diverse and brings a whole new culture to the player even without context of their game. The sense of speed you can get from both Sonics is tight and fun as Hell to keep. There are collectibles in each stages that unlock bonus stuff like artwork or music, and you can change the musical track to your liking. The difficulty curve is just right and you wont start dying a whole lot until like the last section or if you play recklessly.

I think my only issue is story, which doesn't take advantage of the fanservice nature of everything and is undercooked compared to the rest of the game. Another thing that can kill pacing is you have to do 3 out of 10 short side missions to progress to each area.

Overall, it's a great game that doesn't waste a lot of time.

14 days till Animal Crossing, Someone tell me I can make it. I can make it
If I can make it, you can make it.

I can’t make it.
Just two more weeks. You've waited longer than this when wanting a trailer. Y'all got this.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if, back in the olden days when things weren’t so tense between the companies, they had actually made a series of Looney Tunes and Disney Character crossover shorts. Imagine what those would have been like. Imagine the pairings they would have come up with.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Gonna wait til I have the game til I listen to the New Horizons tracks

Shame the nature of Animal Crossing means I'll never be able to listen to some of them (e.g. like 4 or 5 am) in game unless I do time shenanigans which I don't like doing

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gonna wait til I have the game til I listen to the New Horizons tracks

Shame the nature of Animal Crossing means I'll never be able to listen to some of them (e.g. like 4 or 5 am) in game unless I do time shenanigans which I don't like doing
Imma time traval so ****ing hard. Each day the Able Sisters has new stuff so You know I gotta see those

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom