• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I liked Man of Steel just for its awful and edgy writing.

"The fact that you have morals and we do not gives us an evolutionary advantage. And has history shows, evolution always wins."

But yeah, unless you're Wonder Woman or Shazam, I didn't like you.
Aka the same film where Pa Kent insisted Clark should have let that school bus full of children drown.

Also the same film where Superman didn't take the fight out of the city with Zod getting lot of innocents killed in the process.

So much for representing the Symbol of Hope. Should had been called Man of Murder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Call me stubborn, but I do not like Harley Quinn as a character enough to watch a movie where she's the protagonist.
tbh i didn't care for harley at all but her role in bop genuinely made me like her

granted that may have just been me starving for dceu to make one goddamn likeable mc and also my Disaster Woman bias but sh was a very fun mc compared to her role in suicide squad

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Call me stubborn, but I do not like Harley Quinn as a character enough to watch a movie where she's the protagonist.
I could only call you stubborn(ish) if you were to have not liked the Harley Quinn show...if you were to have seen it that is

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming we get an direct announcement today when do you guys think it'll be? Afternoon or evening?

If not then Wednesday's our last chance then given Amiibo theory I'm thinking we're not getting one until April.

D

Deleted member

Just started what I presume is Act 2...
It starts when you wake up as a fish, yeah?

I hadn't played the game in a few weeks until I picked it back up yesterday.
Ah yeah. That's Act 2. A break after Act 1 was definitely something I should have done lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ah yeah. That's Act 2. A break after Act 1 was definitely something I should have done lol.
Yeah, I was definitely feeling a little fatigue at the end...and it probably didn't help that I basically marathoned the original DQ trilogy before playing XI, but still.

The side stories for the party were cute but maaaan were they a pace breaker for me, especially since I just wanted to see how the actual story progressed after the plot twist lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I rode past a small light and dark brown dog on my bike just now and I tried to get close to se its collar but everytime it got close, it would do a quick turn and dash away from me. I dunno what the dog had so I had to leave it be.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What do you think a sequel to Conker’s Bad Fur Day would be like?
The panther king comes back to life, gets in cahoots with Death to kill Conker, Conker ends up in some prison world with his “friends” after the panther king takes his body, he gets his body back, finds another girlfriend, aliens bring Berri back to life by turning her into a Terminator who wants to kill Conker for revenge (despite her death not really being his fault and him being sad with her in his arms in the last game, then being depressed after the alien distracted him so much that he forgot to tell the dev to bring her back), Conker defeats her, his new girlfriend becomes a zombie, he becomes king of the universe and stays depressed, the end.

(not my ideas, Chris Seavor shared this stuff himself)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I was definitely feeling a little fatigue at the end...and it probably didn't help that I basically marathoned the original DQ trilogy before playing XI, but still.

The side stories for the party were cute but maaaan were they a pace breaker for me, especially since I just wanted to see how the actual story progressed after the plot twist lol.
Yeah. It doesn't help that most of them are basically glorified cutscenes. You can't even die in Jade's story for instance.

Fair warning. If you haven't been leveling, the next real boss might give you some trouble. I was on hard mode and beat him at level 35. Gentlepanda was also hard mode and lucked it out at level 32.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The panther king comes back to life, gets in cahoots with Death to kill Conker, Conker ends up in some prison world with his “friends” after the panther king takes his body, he gets his body back, finds another girlfriend, aliens bring Berri back to life by turning her into a Terminator who wants to kill Conker for revenge (despite her death not really being his fault and him being sad with her in his arms in the last game, then being depressed after the alien distracted him so much that he forgot to tell the dev to bring her back), Conker defeats her, his new girlfriend becomes a zombie, he becomes king of the universe and stays depressed, the end.

(not my ideas, Chris Seavor shared this stuff himself)
Considering this is all public, I doubt it’s the direction they would actually go in because Chris basically just spoiled the whole thing.

I personally would want the sequel to feature Conker more on the offense then just being flung around from situation to situation. Give him a purpose, you know. Even it’s an imaginary, self defeating, and self destructive one.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want to see a manga/anime series where the main protagonits’s constant training and pushing to improve ends up overexerting them to the point of physical harm and pushes away all his friends and families.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean, I can also talk about how Superman's dad was like "How dare you save a bus full of children from drowning" or how he doesn't let Clark save people from a tornado and then proceeds to die because of it.
Yeah, Jonathan Kent was not handled well in that movie. I get where the character is coming from to some extent (he's afraid of what might happen to his son, and wants him to decide what to do with his powers for himself), but that's crossing a line, and it's a far cry from him and Martha being the sources of Superman's moral incorruptibility in other versions. (At least from what I've seen)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Are you ****ing kidding me DC's finally getting good movies again and Disney's gonna ****ing buy them and make all their **** the safest movies around with no way to differentiate them in terms of humour, formula or action?
View attachment 263749
I ****ing hate these assholes they already have 40% of the film industry
Comic rights, honey. Not film rights.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, here's all the assists in DBFZ Season 3, so far anyway. Obviously UI Goku and whoever else is in didn't get their stuff shown off.

A lot of characters like Trunks, Gohan, Kid Buu, DBS Broly and Cooler all got beam assists. Some of those end in knockdowns though.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I keep wanting write a new Top 10 Games of the Decade list but I always end up scrapping it because I can never nail down 10 games that I feel for sure are my top ten from the previous ten years, lol.

My top 3 is pretty easy, though:

3. Luigi's Mansion 3

2. Oneshot

1. Mario Odyssey

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm a brave boy.
NOT BRAVE ENOUGH FOR THIS!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope that Samurai Jack ends up pretty good. We don't get licensed games like that outside of anime games, so it'd be nice if the quantity got replaced with better quality.

I do at least remember liking that Metroidvania style game that was on the GBA, though I remember glitching the final fight a couple of times.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They really need to make separate accounts for these characters instead of letting them all share one.

Have you ever considered that Tom Nook is just gay? Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom