• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guessing Snake wanted to see if assuming the gender of Fighter 5 would... well I dunno for sure, but something is afoot here :drflip:
My theory is that if I used She it would cause people to ask me why I was sure it was a girl, but if I used He then nothing would happen. Proving inherent sexism in the collective unconscious of humanity.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My theory is that if I used She it would cause people to ask me why I was sure it was a girl, but if I used He then nothing would happen. Proving inherent sexism in the collective unconscious of humanity.
Look, I dunno what you’re trying to achieve, but if you‘re trying to make some message, then here isn’t the place. That user just asked if there was a leak they missed. There were no negative implications.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would have asked if you said "he" too, just saying.
Oh. Fair.
Look, I dunno what you’re trying to achieve, but if you‘re trying to make some message, then here isn’t the place. That user just asked if there was a leak they missed. There were no negative implications.
Yeah... I guess that wasn't entirely appropriate. Sorry Shadow.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Rewatching the reactions to 2017 and 2018's E3 Nintendo Directs just reminds me that we were absolutely blessed and that 2017 was an overall godly year for gaming in general.

It's weird how they were only three years ago--not even--and yet I feel kinda nostalgic for them and miss living in those years.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah this definitely won't happen lol.
at this point in Smash, we aren't really able to say anything won’t happen out of assumption besides Waluigi and non-gaming characters not being playable
I wouldn’t say it would have any relations to sexism, as I gave up on this fighter pack having women...but that doesn’t mean women can’t run the next pack

D

Deleted member

When you watch the same cutscene over and over because you like the way it looks

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also also, Avery is just me without the dirt dulling my blonde. Long hair and glasses, although his fashiom sense isn't exactly 1:1 with mine and I also can't TK some pokéballs around my head or however the hell he gets them to stay afloat.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m so so glad they’re finally trying dlc for a change. It’s 2020 now, I’d be really disappointed if they pulled the “it’s the same game with a slight difference here and there! 60$ please!” Schtick again. And yet it somehow, despite not being a full game, looks to have more new content than the Ultra Games lol.

Regivolt and Regidrake look rad, as well as the Galarian legendary birds (I was never a huge Zapdos fan but road runner Zapdos is amazing)

I love the fact that you can get every additional Pokémon for free, without the expansion. They didn’t have to do that, but it’s really nice.

And I really like the fact that both new areas are like huge wild areas with stories. The wild area was the best part of the game, having a whole story take place in one will be great.

Gigantamax Inteleon keeps that thang on him, but Gigantamax Cinderace is da best. Big ol fire ball wit a face.

And this is just an aesthetic thing, but the island expansion being in the summer and the tundra expansion being in the fall make me happy.

Klara is bae, Avery is proton Jon, Mustard is Cap’n Cuttlefish, Urshifu Rapid is the better one, Calyrex is a misplaced Zelda character.

I can’t wait to play them

we were this close to a meta without Landorus...
I flipped out at Mystery Dungeon. I'm so hecking happy MD is alive, dude.

Also, Game Freak out here doing extra game content better than Atlus, lol. Super excited for the DLC, and I love that we're past the era of third versions.

F in the chat for SwSh meta, though.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I’m so so glad they’re finally trying dlc for a change. It’s 2020 now, I’d be really disappointed if they pulled the “it’s the same game with a slight difference here and there! 60$ please!” Schtick again. And yet it somehow, despite not being a full game, looks to have more new content than the Ultra Games lol.

Regivolt and Regidrake look rad, as well as the Galarian legendary birds (I was never a huge Zapdos fan but road runner Zapdos is amazing)

I love the fact that you can get every additional Pokémon for free, without the expansion. They didn’t have to do that, but it’s really nice.

And I really like the fact that both new areas are like huge wild areas with stories. The wild area was the best part of the game, having a whole story take place in one will be great.

Gigantamax Inteleon keeps that thang on him, but Gigantamax Cinderace is da best. Big ol fire ball wit a face.

And this is just an aesthetic thing, but the island expansion being in the summer and the tundra expansion being in the fall make me happy.

Klara is bae, Avery is proton Jon, Mustard is Cap’n Cuttlefish, Urshifu Rapid is the better one, Calyrex is a misplaced Zelda character.

I can’t wait to play them

we were this close to a meta without Landorus...
Imagine for a second that Gamefreak didn't allow DLC Pokemon to be traded to people who didn't purchase the DLC, there would be an even bigger ****storm than the base game.
"First you remove all of these Pokemon AND THEN YOU CHARGE US HALF THE GAME'S COST FOR THEM WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM THE BEGINNING?!"

StormC

Smash Hero
at this point in Smash, we aren't really able to say anything won’t happen out of assumption besides Waluigi and non-gaming characters not being playable
I just don't see any reason to believe they care enough about lack of female fighters to make an entire female character pack. I wouldn't be against it but I severely doubt it. Honestly even getting more than 1-2 female DLC characters would be astonishing in my book. Ultimate's newcomers have been a dudefest.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Always remember to feed your Pokemon carrots. It’s good for their vision. We want to increase those accuracy stats, don’t we now?
D8F15AD4-5824-457A-A2A2-7BEA261E0433.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Today Marsa Drawing Update™ is brought to you by RAID: Shadow Legends! The greatest game of our genera-
sudden_realization_christopher_lloyd.gif

....wait, what I was saying?

...ahem, in all cases, here is the update.
Marsa exemple 177.jpg
Finally added the gi, yes, but it ain't polished because I like to know if it look good enough here before I start doing small corrections. If nothing big is needed, I start doing small tweak here & there to make it look good as possible, and maybe finally I could start the last part: the shading.

In all cases, hope you like it & hope you have a great day.

Noipoi Noipoi ,@JDCabrera , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos &, Wademan94 Wademan94

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

We have our very own Chang, everyone.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I tried picking up Samus/Dark Samus. This character on paper should be really good, but god in practice nothing works properly with her.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I tried picking up Samus/Dark Samus. This character on paper should be really good, but god in practice nothing works properly with her.
The key to being good with Sammy/Dark Sammy is her neutral-B. If you're good at reversing it (cancel or otherwise) & cancel it while jumping (demonstrate here
), you can do some pretty nutty stuff to confuse your opponent & got some good movement options in the process.

If you can't do that constanstly tho.....while I'm no pro Samus, yeah, I imagine it can be pretty frustatring at time due how weird some of her moves are, especially with that FREAKIN' jab who is bad on purpose.

Like some might say it still got some uses, but out of all the decision Sakurai has made in the Smash franchise, making a move not work a feature and warning the player in the tips to not use it is still baffling to me ever since Smash 4.

/rant over

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The key to being good with Sammy/Dark Sammy is her neutral-B. If you're good at reversing it (cancel or otherwise) & cancel it while jumping (demonstrate here
), you can do some pretty nutty stuff confuse your opponent & movement options.

If you can't do that constanstly tho.....while I'm no pro Samus, yeah, I imagine it can be pretty frustatring at time due how weird some of her moves are, especially with that FREAKIN' jab who is bad on purpose.

Like some might say it still got some uses, but out of all the decision Sakurai has made in the Smash franchise, making a move not work a feature and warning the player in the tips to not use it is still baffling to me ever since Smash 4.

/rant over
I know how to do those things. Even still it's not good design to have almost all of her gameplan depend on a single move. Also, the jab not working is an understatement. Not only can you just shield after getting hit by the first jab, CERTAIN CHARACTERS CAN INTERRUPT WITH THEIR OWN JAB AFTER GETTING HIT. FALCO CAN LITERALLY JUST MASH JAB AFTER GETTING HIT BY SAMUS JAB. WHY

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey, I made a guide on how to become the Evo Champ. Check it out.
If you outdamage and kill your opponent before they can for three stocks, you will win.
Instructions unclear, Flare Blitzed off the stage and died.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I know how to do those things. Even still it's not good design to have almost all of her gameplan depend on a single move.
That's true, but sometime, some characters need a single great move to make their moveset "work" so to speak, even if ain't great game design, atleast they aren't awful or unfun to play (imo, her neutral B is pretty fun when you're decent at canceling it). Her aerial games is also somewhat decent (Fair sometime not working notwithstanding), her down tilt can be good for punish due to coming fast, & her up B is good OOS option if the opponent is close. That all said tho, her moveset flow very weirdly compared to others characters. Like you said, she is good on paper, but sometime you just wish you could have something more conventional, instead of weird multihit that may or may not work.

Also
Also, the jab not working is an understatement. Not only can you just shield after getting hit by the first jab, CERTAIN CHARACTERS CAN INTERRUPT WITH THEIR OWN JAB AFTER GETTING HIT. FALCO CAN LITERALLY JUST MASH JAB AFTER GETTING HIT BY SAMUS JAB. WHY
You just described just why I ranted over that move.

Litteraly the best way to use it is to use only the first part of the move & then run away or somethin'.

It's a ultra weird "get out my face" move that even isn't good at doing that job (atleast compared to Samus move who does the same job, like F-tilt), and yet, it's a "feature" to Samus moveset.

Ravioli, ravioli, why Sakurioli?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom