• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
basically, I can play the game without needing wifi, but the dlc disables itself, if that makes any sense. It’s like the dlc is being stored on a server instead of my switch, despite that not being the case.
Huh, that's strange.

I've been offline many times with both BotW and Smash Ultimate and all of my DLC was still there. Did you make sure to set your profile to be the primary account on the Switch?

D

Deleted member

Huh, that's strange.

I've been offline many times with both BotW and Smash Ultimate and all of my DLC was still there. Did you make sure to set your profile to be the primary account on the Switch?
yeah, the problem isn’t that I can’t play the game; I can. The problem is that it won’t let me use the dlc without a connection to the internet for some reason :drohyou:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man, I've just realised. I've only played my Switch like once so far this year.

Making it interesting, what are you guys views of trading in games? I'm thinking of getting rid of some and make more space for books and (only exception) Switch games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Meanwhile I don't care for Persona but care for everything else.
complete opposites...yet no arguments have started as it isn’t a big deal...I don’t think the Internet is meant to work this way
I think we all need to prepare for a direct not happening for a while. When there was nothing at the game awards we were like “at least January is only a few weeks away” and as punishment Nintendo is holding back their announcements till February, maybe even March.
Direct in February to match up with FP5 still being likely for next month
Persona 5 R is cool but 70% of it is a game I've played in recent years and it is suuuuper long. Not gonna get it for a long while.

Animal Crossing is a GotY contender.

Mystery Dungeon is another strong GotY contender.

FF7 is gonna have to wait 'cause I don't want it on PS4.

Pirate Warriors 4 looks fantastic but I probably won't get it at launch now that Mystery Dungeon is a thing.
can’t get into Animal Crossing (too...peaceful and slow for me), don’t Pokémon outside of Smash, already bought FF7 on the Switch out of curiosity and cause it was a cheap as **** sale, and haven't gotten into One Piece...yet...gonna be a real challenge if I ever marathon the show

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The Smash Fanbase can be extremely desperate for completely nonexistent hints, aren't they?​
They haven’t gotten desperate enough
I mean, in the comics it.... does all sorts of things.... to Jane Foster.
including the part where it also helped in killing her (for a bit, tho now she’s a Valkyrie, so it’s all good)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Direct in February to match up with FP5 still being likely for next month
To be completely fair, they usually give us a month between reveal and release. The only newcomer ever revealed and released on the same day was Ryu in Smash 4, which at this point stands out as an outlier rather then an indicator of their habits. So a January direct still makes a degree of sense.

And if it’s revealed in February, then it’s not releasing till March.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai LITERALLY said Fighter 5 is complete in early December, releasing in February with his reveal at the same time isn’t far fetched at this point

source because I know ya’ll will ask

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai LITERALLY said Fighter 5 is complete in early December, releasing in February with his reveal at the same time isn’t far fetched at this point

If it's already finished then she could also reveal and drop THIS month too. Heck, If she's already finished then WHY WASN'T SHE REVEALED AT THE GAME AWARDS?!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Looking at stuff like this is why I don't like watching Smash Speculation videos. Just don't find them entertaining. Then again same with most stuff on YouTube.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently at the mall. About to head over to my local theater to see my first movie of this year and decade which is Underwater. Three months since I've been there last seeing an double feature of Gemini Man and Joker.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait, we're doing conspiracies now?
IMG_20200111_121854.jpg

Look at this image Sakurai posted. A Pokemon Trainer is pointing at Link. But wait, Link has a Sword and Shield, and the Pokemon Trainer is obviously from the Pokemon franchise. And it's on Delfino Plaza, which is located on the greater island called Isle Delfino. Isle Delfino = Isle of Armor. And look at this, trees are everywhere in the pic, and that's not all. The Pokemon Trainer in particular is LEAF! Leaf and Trees are associated with Grass types. And isn't it a coincedence that there are 2 Water Types, 2 Fire Types, but only 1 Grass Type?

What I'm saying is

BABOOM WIN

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Why couldn't they have a Direct next week to announce the character and then release them in February?

Dutch Raikuna

Wait, we're doing conspiracies now?
View attachment 256710
Look at this image Sakurai posted. A Pokemon Trainer is pointing at Link. But wait, Link has a Sword and Shield, and the Pokemon Trainer is obviously from the Pokemon franchise. And it's on Delfino Plaza, which is located on the greater island called Isle Delfino. Isle Delfino = Isle of Armor. And look at this, trees are everywhere in the pic, and that's not all. The Pokemon Trainer in particular is LEAF! Leaf and Trees are associated with Grass types. And isn't it a coincedence that there are 2 Water Types, 2 Fire Types, but only 1 Grass Type?

What I'm saying is

BABOOM WIN
But you're forgetting one thing of all that connects it!

It's aliens that are creating FP5! Not Sakurai! We've all been deceived!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be completely fair, they usually give us a month between reveal and release. The only newcomer ever revealed and released on the same day was Ryu in Smash 4, which at this point stands out as an outlier rather then an indicator of their habits. So a January direct still makes a degree of sense.

FA56C625-4188-468B-9BCA-F0D35E2E6B56.jpeg

also...
If it's already finished then she could also reveal and drop THIS month too. Heck, If she's already finished then WHY WASN'T SHE REVEALED AT THE GAME AWARDS?!
...why are you assuming FP5 will be a female fighter? For all we know, this Fighter Pass could be all men, and the next one would be all female

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If I had used all he then you would not have pointed it out i guarantee it. I did it as an experiment.
I’d probably notice, but leave it be due to thinking there’ll be an all Female fighter pack (which would involve Byleth or Edelgard)...if that doesn’t happen then they can cut out every character but Little Mac

StormC

Smash Hero
I’d probably notice, but leave it be due to thinking there’ll be an all Female fighter pack (which would involve Byleth or Edelgard)...if that doesn’t happen then they can cut out every character but Little Mac
Yeah this definitely won't happen lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have made a tier list chart for Ultimate that tracks both viability AND learning curve/difficulty. Here are the results:

smash ultimate tier list chart jan 11 2020.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
What'd ya think of that Pokemon Direct?
I’m so so glad they’re finally trying dlc for a change. It’s 2020 now, I’d be really disappointed if they pulled the “it’s the same game with a slight difference here and there! 60$ please!” Schtick again. And yet it somehow, despite not being a full game, looks to have more new content than the Ultra Games lol.

Regivolt and Regidrake look rad, as well as the Galarian legendary birds (I was never a huge Zapdos fan but road runner Zapdos is amazing)

I love the fact that you can get every additional Pokémon for free, without the expansion. They didn’t have to do that, but it’s really nice.

And I really like the fact that both new areas are like huge wild areas with stories. The wild area was the best part of the game, having a whole story take place in one will be great.

Gigantamax Inteleon keeps that thang on him, but Gigantamax Cinderace is da best. Big ol fire ball wit a face.

And this is just an aesthetic thing, but the island expansion being in the summer and the tundra expansion being in the fall make me happy.

Klara is bae, Avery is proton Jon, Mustard is Cap’n Cuttlefish, Urshifu Rapid is the better one, Calyrex is a misplaced Zelda character.

I can’t wait to play them

we were this close to a meta without Landorus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom