• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay. Which of these two completely impossible scenarios do you think is more likely? Or would you rather one over the other

The Pokémon Company buying all of the rights to the franchise from Nintendo, separating from Nintendo, and going Multi-Plat?

Or

Nintendo completely buying the Pokémon Conpany and asserting more executive control?
I guess option two

But Pokémon is still making bank, and will continue to make bank despite how many people rage on Internet forums. So Nintendo has no reason to step in.

D

Deleted member

Finally, my first stage is done!

ID: X8Q-36G-VKG

If anyone wants to play it, I’d really appreciate it! Be sure to tell me what you think.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Okay. Which of these two completely impossible scenarios do you think is more likely? Or would you rather one over the other

The Pokémon Company buying all of the rights to the franchise from Nintendo, separating from Nintendo, and going Multi-Plat?

Or

Nintendo completely buying the Pokémon Conpany and asserting more executive control?
how will PC publish any games in NA if they seperate from Nintendo?

D

Deleted member

I’m thinking I may stream some 3D modeling. Maybe modeling some Smash icons. Would anyone here like to see that?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
r/SmashBros is fulled to the brim with Scrubs, a 3 hit combo is considered hype, but the moment a character wins a tourney, suddenly they pull out the whole "this character is broken, why hasn't Nintendo nerfed them, they clearly don't care about the Smash community", and then it's cool to hate on a top player for winning, claiming that they deserve harassment and all that, but the moment they retire, suddenly everyone's buddy buddy with the player.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

r/SmashBros is fulled to the brim with Scrubs, a 3 hit combo is considered hype, but the moment a character wins a tourney, suddenly they pull out the whole "this character is broken, why hasn't Nintendo nerfed them, they clearly don't care about the Smash community", and then it's cool to hate on a top player for winning, claiming that they deserve harassment and all that, but the moment they retire, suddenly everyone's buddy buddy witg the player.
I don’t know what to say, really, but that’s pretty “eh.”

D

Deleted member

The only subreddit I tend to check is r/prequelmemes.

And that’s because I get a laugh with the LEGO stuff there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Made some Gooigi alts.
Goo1.png
Goo2.png
Goo3.png
Goo4.png
Goo5.png
Goo6.png
Goo7.png
The first three are from the Scarescraper, the red and purple alts are based off of Mario and Waluigi respectively, and the white alt is based off of traditional ghosts.

Is there like, a Gooigi thread I can post this on?
The only subreddit I tend to check is r/prequelmemes.

And that’s because I get a laugh with the LEGO stuff there.
I accidentally made a post that broke a minor rule and I got banned from the sub, then a mod said that other users "shouldn't be like me."
Harsh, but ok then.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hi team,

I'm back with a Mario Maker level that I'd really love to get some plays and likes!

This is my second level and I'm very happy with it. It's space themed and named Crash Landing!! Find a Way Home!!

Would love some feedback!!

02J-LX6-SPG

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I just look at the fire emblem subreddit which is surprisingly positive
fire emblem subreddit is in high spirits because three houses looks pretty fantastic right about now

if it turns out to suck, though

hoo mama

Potato_

Smash Lord
r/SmashBros is fulled to the brim with Scrubs, a 3 hit combo is considered hype, but the moment a character wins a tourney, suddenly they pull out the whole "this character is broken, why hasn't Nintendo nerfed them, they clearly don't care about the Smash community", and then it's cool to hate on a top player for winning, claiming that they deserve harassment and all that, but the moment they retire, suddenly everyone's buddy buddy with the player.
I'm fine with the more casual stuff, but the pro player hate gets old real quick.

Hbox threads are both hilarious and sad.

Iridium

Smash Hero
and then it's cool to hate on a top player for winning, claiming that they deserve harassment and all that, but the moment they retire, suddenly everyone's buddy buddy with the player.
I'm naming this the ZeRo effect.

I’d hate to see how I would do saying I am looking forward to sword and shield lol.
[deleted]: [deleted]

I'm fine with the more casual stuff, but the pro player hate gets old real quick.

Hbox threads are both hilarious and sad.
Considering the amount of people who got angry at me for being concerned when Hbox got a hand injury before EVO, I can say I don't prefer posting there at all.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve been playing a lot of Banjo-Kazooie, and I plan to finish it today. I need 7 more jiggles, and 72 more music notes. Wish me luck.

D

Deleted member

fire emblem subreddit is in high spirits because three houses looks pretty fantastic right about now

if it turns out to suck, though

hoo mama
Believe me, I am ready to ****ing hate the game or surprisingly love it. It is either-or right now lol.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The Pokemon sub is annoying. It's the same threads re-hashed every day.

Is GameFreak ruining Pokemon?
Are GameFreak using Pokemon as a cash cow? (the answer is yes, but they were always doing that. Two-three versions of the same game, multiple spin offs, and remakes ring a bell?)
Should GameFreak sell their share of the IP?

We get it. You are disappointed, but where was this when features were taken out? Post-games are barren, mechanics were removed for no reason, etc. Bigger deals than Pokemon cuts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Pokemon sub is annoying. It's the same threads re-hashed every day.

Is GameFreak ruining Pokemon?
Are GameFreak using Pokemon as a cash cow? (the answer is yes, but they were always doing that. Two-three versions of the same game, multiple spin offs, and remakes ring a bell?)
Should GameFreak sell their share of the IP?

We get it. You are disappointed, but where was this when features were taken out? Post-games are barren, mechanics were removed for no reason, etc. Bigger deals than Pokemon cuts.
I mean, the franchise isn't called Dex Nav or Battle Frontier. It's Pokémon. It's only natural that the removal of Pokémon would cause the biggest backlash.

D

Deleted member

I honestly just hope that Ultimate Alliance 3 just gives me a fun time, no matter the quality it has.

I don’t think the game will be bad don’t get me wrong, but the last two Ultimate Alliance games were not a groundbreaking thing for the videogame industry, which isn’t really so bad.

Ultimate Alliance 3 just needs to be fun and wonderful to replay many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Aight, I have a subject change.

Based on the currently known roster of Smash Ultimate, which series with a playable character have you not played, and which series of those would you play first if you had the choice?

As i’ve played most of the series, Dragon Quest is coming up on my “games to play” schedule. I got DQ8 used locally, and I want to get DQ4 at some point but it’s not available at any GameStop’s by me.

Thoughts?
I love this topic you brought up.

The series I have not played are:
:ultcloud::ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultmegaman::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultsnake:

Technically, I played Earthbound but I think everybody agrees that Mother 3 is its own beast at this point.

Regardless, if I could play a mainline game from these characters series, I would either start with Final Fantasy 7 or Metal Gear Solid. Both have been on my bucket list for some time due to their legacy and promising gameplay. I've never played a mainline Final Fantasy game.

I'm not super interested in F-Zero on the basis of racing games bore me after a while.

Wii Fit, Duck Hunt, Game & Watch games, and Ice Climbers I have zero interest in.

Mother 3 is up there but I can't say it's a priority.

I'm sort of interested in Megaman, but I never appreciated the boss weakness concept. It creates a linear route in a game where you can pick any stage in any order. We'll see. Maybe I'll use save states when I reach the boss doors.

So if I had to create an order for games to play, it would probably look like
1. MGS and FF7
2. Mother 3
3. Megaman
4. F-Zero

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I mean, the franchise isn't called Dex Nav or Battle Frontier. It's Pokémon. It's only natural that the removal of Pokémon would cause the biggest backlash.
I am not surprised by it.

But modes and features should be bigger deals. We used to have two regions in one game, a new locale/areas to visit, or people to beat after the post-game which makes for a more rewarding single-player experience for the majority of buyers. Since X & Y it is basically just breeding grinding - something most people who own the game don't care about.

Pokemon being cut wouldn't be noticeable to a story mode only player. They just get what they can and do the adventure. The adventure, however, is lacking in features and difficulty.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I forgot I also hadn’t played Mega Man, Castlevania, ROB, or Wii Fit (though I owned a copy once)

D

Deleted member

But modes and features should be bigger deals. We used to have two regions in one game, a new locale/areas to visit, or people to beat after the post-game which makes for a more rewarding single-player experience for the majority of buyers. Since X & Y it is basically just breeding grinding - something most people who own the game don't care about.

Pokemon being cut wouldn't be noticeable to a story mode only player. They just get what they can and do the adventure. The adventure, however, is lacking in features and difficulty.
I honestly agree.

What’s the point of adding as many Pokémon as possible... If there isn’t as many stuff to use them for as it used to be?

I’m not at any side regarding the National Dex thing, but I do agree that having more modes or content to play with the stuff you have is always worth to consider as much or even a bit more.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ll be honest. When I say i’ve “Played a game in every series with a playable character in Smash”, I don’t count R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, or Duck Hunt.

Getting my hands on those types of things would cost me a pretty penny, and I don’t have the resources to actually play their games because of the TV I have and what not.

However, I DO have interest in just having each of the peripherals in my future “dude den”, so that would bring me a real opportunity to actually play them.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
As for series in Smash i've never played: Castlevania, Metal Gear, Gyromite, and Wii Fit.

I have an interest in the first two. Not so much the latter, but I do like ROB.

D

Deleted member

I’ll be honest. When I say i’ve “Played a game in every series with a playable character in Smash”, I don’t count R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer, or Duck Hunt.

Getting my hands on those types of things would cost me a pretty penny, and I don’t have the resources to actually play their games because of the TV I have and what not.

However, I DO have interest in just having each of the peripherals in my future “dude den”, so that would bring me a real opportunity to actually play them.
Part of me wants to be that guy who got a ROB during its original launch period and was hyped as Hell when they were announced for Brawl.

D

Deleted member

"Modes and features should be a bigger deal" is the weirdest take I've seen on the Pokemon thing.
Literally nothing is more important than the Pokemon themselves, that's what the franchise is all about and had always been.

D

Deleted member

Friendly reminder that if Hayabusa got in, we would have two playable characters in Smash who canonically met the AVGN.

Since we already have R.O.B.

D

Deleted member

You ever just think about your first crush?

How she’s doing?

What she’s up to?

If she’s still drawing?

If she even remembers you because you only really talked once a week at an art class that took place a year ago?

If you should’ve just not said anything because why would she ever be into you? What possessed you to think for a moment that anyone would ever be into you? You made it awkward you absolute buffoon.

No? Just me?

Okay.
Sometimes, but then I think they aren't thinking about me and decide, "Eh. Screw 'em."

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
"Modes and features should be a bigger deal" is the weirdest take I've seen on the Pokemon thing.
Literally nothing is more important than the Pokemon themselves, that's what the franchise is all about and had always been.
That's true, but as someone who is not attached to any of them and prefers gameplay I do think the removal of features and modes was brushed aside by the community for too long. The games feel hollow to me since X & Y for that reason.

No point in having so many Pokemon if you can barely do anything with them except online battles against hacked mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom