• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Ultimate Social Thread Is Now in the General Social Subforum!

If you're confused about why, you can find more information on this in the Staff Announcement thread about the move.

The original guidelines for discussion still apply. The scope of conversation should still be limited to:
  • Topics relating to Smash Bros.
  • Topics relating to media appropriate for Smashboards (G to early teens).
  • General personal conversation (Fine: "hey friends I'm in a good mood how about you".)
    • Please avoid “callouts”, back seat moderation or topics containing personal information of any third-party - a user of this website or otherwise.
  • Nice and respectful responses.
Topics of a political or controversial nature should be taken over to Serious Discussion. Folks looking for casual, brisk conversation are not in the business of having their fundamental beliefs questioned in a high volume thread; Serious Discussion is there for meaningful, longform conversation where users can learn from one another rather than berate one another. A social thread, or anywhere else on the boards, is not the place for such topics.

As a reminder: 10char dodges, single image responses or posts that do not start or meaningfully contribute to an ongoing discussion will be moderated more closely as well. Social threads are generally relaxed and memes are funny but please don't let these types of posts be the primary driver of discussions. We want to avoid heavy spam as many of the usual moderators will be both staying here in this thread and working on the coming changes elsewhere on the site.

Be nice. Be constructive. Be good to one another. We'll be here with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't ask me for anything ever again~
(In actuality I genuinely wanted this!)

If you're wondering who I am -
I've been around a while [forever], mostly in the "competitive" areas. The guy who usually helped make most of the tier lists you guys LOVED in Smash4 (and many of Brawl too).
I'm on night patrol for the unforeseeable future, cookies and caffeine are wholesome.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Omake Gif Anime - Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 - Episode 7 - Aqua Thumbs Up.gif

Just comin' in to say that you probably won't see me around all that often anymore. I got bigger fish to fry at this point.

But y'all have a good time 'round here. Smashboards gave me some great memories, and I hope y'all keep things chill.

Thanks for lettin' me be your resident Aqua.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mannnnnn, I missed posting here.
View attachment 224450

Just comin' in to say that you probably won't see me around all that often anymore. I got bigger fish to fry at this point.

But y'all have a good time 'round here. Smashboards gave me some great memories, and I hope y'all keep things chill.

Thanks for lettin' me be your resident Aqua.
Hmmm....

Does that mean here, The Konosuba Gang is over here? Atleast for now?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I did not, my friend.
Shiny, do not feel obligated to post here if you no longer feel comfortable doing so.

You went through a tough experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone, and if you feel you need to step away from the site, then step away from the site, even if it's for, like, a week or even a month, or longer.

We aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, it did feel a little bit weird not seeing any posts from some people yesterday. I don't post very often like others do, but it did feel a bit odd not seeing a lot of activity yesterday. I hope that we can continue things with the right foot and just take it more calmly for now.

Someone said it before, but E3 cannot come soon enough.

It's not like I missed you all or anything.
You missed the "baka".

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
My comrades, how are things going?
pretty well. Tackling some behind-the-scenes stuff with both moderation and the news section. Dealing with the sudden realization that even though blue/red and blue/green are my favorite color pairs in Magic: the Gathering, my work and the way I tackle community matters puts me more in blue/black.

Also one of my favorite TWRP songs has a music video now and it's just got this amazing old school anime vibe. It's even compressed in the same way you'd see with older online uploads of stuff.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New start, new social thread, new avi, folks.

Hope I didn't lose my groove when it come to Eggposting.

That and....
New Hota exemple 25.gif

This is what I been doing while the social thread was locked.

Hope you like it, no it's not 100% done....but it's close to it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
pretty well. Tackling some behind-the-scenes stuff with both moderation and the news section. Dealing with the sudden realization that even though blue/red and blue/green are my favorite color pairs in Magic: the Gathering, my work and the way I tackle community matters puts me more in blue/black.

Also one of my favorite TWRP songs has a music video now and it's just got this amazing old school anime vibe. It's even compressed in the same way you'd see with older online uploads of stuff.
>Color pairs

Someone over here too big brain to unga bunga with mono red.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, I'll try not be here much. I'll mostly stick to Newcomer and Erdrick threads for now, need things to calm down a little from my part.

But thanks for reopening it staindgrey staindgrey
To be clear, I didn't reopen it. This was a group effort by the staff members present tonight. Admins and mods. Because you guys had to wait way too long for us to create the new changes we're making.

I only got the pleasure of actually posting it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh. And I have decided to cancel future themes for my account. Nobody gives a **** about them, and to be honest, neither do I.

I booted up the ol' name generator and I found a new, short and sweet alias to use.

Until I revert anyways.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
notices ur new social thread

fortehponycorn.jpg

owo?

On a more serious note, I wanted to let y'all know that I'm leaving for the time being. At this point I feel it's best for me to focus on other things in my life.

Maybe I'll come back at some point, but for now this is goodbye. Thank you for the memories.

Until next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom