• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Whenever I see the term "bonejuice", I think of the bonehurting juice subreddit. It's where memes are averted and made into something far different. It's fairly interesting.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Really starting to think my Sakura wars 6 copy is never getting here. It was probably lost or destroyed somewhere in Chicago

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So let's have a reminder of what's coming to The Isle of Armor:

Confirmed
Gigantamax Rillaboom
Gigantamax Cinderace
Gigantamax Inteleon
Galarian Slowbro
Kubfu
Urshifu (2 forms + 2 Gigantamax forms)
~100 Returning Pokémon

Semi-confirmed
Gigantamax Venusaur
Gigantamax Blastoise

Possible
Zarude

We'll find out tomorrow if there's more.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Pokemon SWSH news tomorrow. I think it's at 9 EST?
I’m surprised we got this before smash. Still should be nice to see. I wonder if it will release tomorrow, probably not but would be cool

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Pokemon SWSH news tomorrow. I think it's at 9 EST?
inb4 people think yet another non-general/Smash Direct will show the next fighter, even though it still hasn't happened yet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So.... for this hypothetical Midway vs Capcom game I’m designing, would it be alright to limit it to just characters from Arcade games, both companies biggest success stories and the games hypothetical primary marketing angle? Or would the lack of RE, DMC, AA, MH, etc. be a dealbreaker?

D

Deleted member

A platypus wearing a fedora would be too sensible for a Kojima game.
Yup.

Needs more La Li Lu Le Lo, out of context viruses and namedrops of characters who don't eve manage to have a physical appearance at all (Adam in Metal Gear Solid 3)

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yup.

Needs more La Li Lu Le Lo, out of context viruses and namedrops of characters who don't eve manage to have a physical appearance at all (Adam in Metal Gear Solid 3)
But Adam did have a physical appearance in MGS3:

Or, for a more recognizable appearance...

Anyway, I have the day off for work, so I'm not sure whether I'll play Nier Automata or Persona 3.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, the campsite is built, and the art gallery is finished. Guess my next objective is getting people to move in.

I really hope I'm not annoying anyone with all of this Animal Crossing talk. I know I was late to the party.

Edit: I'm not sure if this was brought up, but tomorrow, we're getting Pokemon DLC news!

Serebii said:
It has been confirmed that the next bit of Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass news will be revealed on Tuesday June 2nd at 13:00 UTC/14:00 BST/15:00 CEST/09:00 EDT/06:00 PDT/22:00 JST. It is currently unclear what topics this presentation will include but we'll provide full coverage as it happens for be sure to keep checking back

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So I'm bored right now, thought I'd post this little idea to see what everyone thinks.
The Original 8 transformed into Robot Masters, each with their own signature Special Weapon!

Mario Man: SBN - 001

Special Weapon: Super Fireball
Mega Man can shoot out up to two fireballs that will bounce along the ground like rubber balls.

Kong Man: SBN - 002

Special Weapon: Kong Barrel
Mega Man chucks out a large wooden barrel that continuously rolls on the ground. It is also rideable, perfect for making precise jumps to reach far-off platforms.

Link Man: SBN - 003

Special Weapon: Courage Shield
Mega Man forms a holographic Triforce right in front of himself to deflect incoming projectiles, though he’s completely vulnerable on his opposite side.

Aran Woman: SBN - 004

Special Weapon: Screw Sphere
Based on the Screw Attack, Mega Man will launch a spinning ball of electrical energy that dishes multiple hits of damage when made contact.

Yoshi Man: SBN - 005

Special Weapon: Rainbow Egg
Mega Man will throw out a spotted egg at an arc identical to the shape of a colorful rainbow.

Kirby Man: SBN - 006

Special Weapon: Striker Star
Mega Man blasts out a shooting star from his buster, of which flies at a long reach and explodes once it’s in contact with an enemy/boss.

Fox Man: SBN - 007

Special Weapon: Arwing Stormer
Mega Man launches a mini-Arwing that moves in a straight line and continuously fires lasers to destroy enemies in the way.

Pikachu Man: SBN - 008

Special Weapon: Homing Voltage
Mega Man gets engulfed in a field of electrical energy, something that will automatically strike on nearby enemies with a damage-dealing thunderbolt.

Weakness Order:
Mario Man > Kong Barrel
Pikachu Man > Super Fireball
Fox Man > Homing Voltage
Kirby Man > Arwing Stormer
Yoshi Man > Striker Star
Link Man > Rainbow Egg
Aran Woman > Courage Shield
Kong Man > Screw Sphere

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Can we appreciate the Over The Hedge soundtrack for a second?
...and Megamind
...and Shrek 2

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So.... for this hypothetical Midway vs Capcom game I’m designing, would it be alright to limit it to just characters from Arcade games, both companies biggest success stories and the games hypothetical primary marketing angle? Or would the lack of RE, DMC, AA, MH, etc. be a dealbreaker?
i say you shouldn't limit yourself to arcade games
all the series you mentioned are VERY beloved and branching out from just arcade games allows you to really be able to represent these companies in their entirety

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So let's have a reminder of what's coming to The Isle of Armor:

Confirmed
Gigantamax Rillaboom
Gigantamax Cinderace
Gigantamax Inteleon
Galarian Slowbro
Kubfu
Urshifu (2 forms + 2 Gigantamax forms)
~100 Returning Pokémon

Semi-confirmed
Gigantamax Venusaur
Gigantamax Blastoise

Possible
Zarude

We'll find out tomorrow if there's more.
I would be shocked if there's more, Gamefreak ain't exactly known for content.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Meanwhile I'm playing a pretend game of 4th dimensional chess with my imaginary friends.
(While waiting for whoever the ARMS rep is)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only just realized Shantae and the Seven Sirens is out now...and forgot MK11 Aftermath came out...wasted money hella fast and is already worth it

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, there obviously has to be more if they're willing to release more news on it. It's not like base game where the "news" was a 24 hour livestream on... nothing.

God the marketing was a disaster.
Feels like they misinterpreted complaints about Sun & Moon marketing revealing too much about the games.

D

Deleted member

Well, the campsite is built, and the art gallery is finished. Guess my next objective is getting people to move in.

I really hope I'm not annoying anyone with all of this Animal Crossing talk. I know I was late to the party.

Edit: I'm not sure if this was brought up, but tomorrow, we're getting Pokemon DLC news!
Nah man, I don’t mind at all. If anything, I enjoy it, it’s cool to see how your progressing. :)

D

Deleted member

I consider Shrek 2 the gold standard for incorporating pop songs into your movie’s soundtrack. Pretty much every song choice matches each scene and story beat perfectly.
Shrek 2 is the reason why I think of cookies when I hear I need a Hero.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I just finished Future Connected in Xenoblade 1. It was ok, just expected more.

If you come on expecting references to Xenoblade 2 or the future of the series, then you'll be disappointed.

If you come in expecting a proper finale then you'll be disappointed.

If you come in remembering that above all that this is Melia's story and to get her finality then you definitely will be satisfied.

And without spoiling much, but Kino and Nene are probably the best Nopons in the whole series.

I think having two of the race playable of going back within each other was a great move and would be perfect to see in a future game.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I’m still baffled that Rhythm Heaven content didn’t make it into Base Game Ultimate considering all the evidence that a Rhythm Heaven character was cut from Smash4.
Consideration isn't a guarantee.

If that was the case then all of Brawl's "Forbidden Seven" would've been in 3DS/Wii U (and thus Ultimate).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm glad that I was able to get Yokai watch 3 and Persona Q2 when they came out. Considering those 2 are like the last 3DS games that were released they are probably going to end up being pretty expensive in like 5 years so as a fan of them it's probably good I got them at launch.

I’m still baffled that Rhythm Heaven content didn’t make it into Base Game Ultimate considering all the evidence that a Rhythm Heaven character was cut from Smash4.
They probably couldn't figure out a proper moveset for them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Maybe this is just me but this feels a little dis-genuine.

Because Covid was happening, a big issue that was round in governmental issues and social reform.

But now a different movement built on those same principles gets this cancelled. Feels like Covid didn’t matter to them then, but now they want to show this does.

Again might be me misreading but does anyone think similarly?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Consideration isn't a guarantee.

If that was the case than all of Brawl's "Forbidden Seven" would've been in 3DS/Wii U (and thus Ultimate).
Fair point I suppose. Although I was under the impression that the Rhythm Heaven content was much further into production then any of those characters.

This is entirely my own speculation with no real evidence to back it up, but since all the leakers who were talking about this content before the game came out said it was going to be the Chorus Kids, and they were cut for the same reason as the Ice Climbers, who were said to be in a fully playable state on Wii U before being cut because of difficulties with the 3DS version. So that lead me to believe that the Chorus Kids were either entirely or mostly complete as well. And that they'd just need a bit of polish for Ultimate. That might not be the case, and obviously we didn't get them. It still just confuses me is all.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Please continue to share with us that which brings you joy =)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad that I was able to get Yokai watch 3 and Persona Q2 when they came out. Considering those 2 are like the last 3DS games that were released they are probably going to end up being pretty expensive in like 5 years so as a fan of them it's probably good I got them at launch.

They probably couldn't figure out a proper moveset for them.
He made a moveset for a plant. That point is almost entirely invalid.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if we get isle of armor dropped this week, smash is most like next week so that there is a space between them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom