• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Wario Land's OST is a classic example of music sounding good only in context

That sounds like utter **** by itself, but playing the game hearing it gives the game its charm and fits Wario's character neatly :yoshi:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I reached Eryth Sea in Xenoblade 1.

I decide to work on Colony 6. Apparently its made a hell of a lot easier.

I don't see it. Not much hints and all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Forgive the brutality, I’ve been playing MK11. But my question still stands. Do you think we’ll see any of what was supposed to make up E3 in June?
Hell, I dunno. I just got New Horizons so I don't actually care all that much.

I'm assuming we'll see something, but I dunno.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
At the same time, he can get pretty much the same game for 20 bucks on Wii U.
Tbf my Wii U is bricked, which is why I bought a Switch.

Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii took me about 120-130 (might have been 140? It's been a while since I checked) hours to beat, so you're getting a lot of game for your money. (plus there's an extended epilogue on top of that) I'd say that it's worth it.
That is a lot of game, but I don't have much free time so it'll probably take me centuries to finish lol. Plus I'm probably gonna get the Last of Us II when it comes out so I'm having trouble justifying buying another game. Still, I've always wanted to try XC1 so who knows?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

So..... how many pieces of E3’s corpse do you think we’ll see in June?
Honestly I just kinda want Smash Bros DLC news for now. And a little bit of Tales of Arise news.

I've got Xenoblade, thinking of buying something like The Outer Worlds or Sakura Wars. Re Zero Season 2 along with Ghost of Tsushima is in July so I'm content for the next while.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's kinda strange how all the home console Mario Bros. games were standalone titles (We have to defeat Bowser, oh now we have to defeat Wart, oh now we have to defeat Bowser again but this time with his children, etc.), but the Land games were all direct continuations of each other. They all happened as a result of the events of the game previous to it. Whose idea was that? :yoshi:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I'd like to get an opinion on something from as many people as possible. I'm wanting to do a video series about music that should be in Smash based on series. What series should I tackle first? I'll have people vote on each series afterward.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Forgive the brutality, I’ve been playing MK11. But my question still stands. Do you think we’ll see any of what was supposed to make up E3 in June?
Still calling that Nintendo just drops weekly announcements of what would have been in their direct. Other companies likely will do the same

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I’ve been having the weirdest ****ing day.

Context first: I work in an American Eagle in a Mall, a tiny little mall in Alabama granted but a mall. We require everyone that comes in to wear a mask. It’s just policy right now.

So it starts with this middle aged white guy and his mom coming in. They’re just shopping or whatever and then he sees the security guard and asks my boss if that is indeed security. My boss says yes, as you do, and the guy just says “watch this” and walks out. Well, as he’s walking out this shorter black lady walks directly into him and bumps shoulders, we thought they knew each other but apparently they didn’t. So as she storms in the store my boss asks her to put on a “facial covering” and her response will baffle me for eons, “I am a facial covering”... not phased my boss tells her there’s free ones up there at the front and she says “I know” and continues to walk around for a second then leaves. As all this is happening I’m trying to help out the mom of the guy with her credit card and he’s off talking to the security. Well I guess security thought the dude was drunk and called the cops so the cops come in there to get him and while I’m checking out the mom he runs in and tells her to tell them that he hasn’t been drinking.

****ing weird day.

Actually, this on top of a weird cursing racist Christian preacher guy coming in yesterday and my co worker losing everything including an entire rack of clothes and was probably not in a good state of mind iykyk and, well, I’m not so sure if leaving quarantine was the best idea...
That is extremely bizarre.
It's disheartening to hear about the last part as well. The guy who was cursing and is racist is gross from the start, and if he *was* actually a Christian then he wouldn't be saying those things. Being horrible and rude like that proves that there's no real spiritual fruit, and the dude has to wake up and fix himself.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here's a question: Will E3 survive after this year? Because even before this Corona stuff, it wasn't doing so hot in terms of financial issues. And Sony pulled out and went digital, Nintendo doesn't need one big conference (and is also digital"), Microsoft straight up holds their own conferences for the big stuff, and if every other company goes digital as a result from now on, than E3 mighy not be the way we remembered it, let alone a big deal.

Dutch Raikuna

Here's a question: Will E3 survive after this year? Because even before this Corona stuff, it wasn't doing so hot in terms of financial issues. And Sony pulled out and went digital, Nintendo doesn't need one big conference (and is also digital"), Microsoft straight up holds their own conferences for the big stuff, and if every other company goes digital as a result from now on, than E3 mighy not be the way we remembered it, let alone a big deal.
And being honest I'm OK with it.

Personally I think The Game Awards are far more important in a way. Like it replaced E3 for scale.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't like the way stamina or "ki" is managed in Nioh. The combat's klunky but fine against normal enemies but yokai are such a pain in the *** to deal with. They can armor through your attacks and steal your ki by hitting you. This means if you get hit once there's a good chance you'll be stunned from lack of ki and get comboed to death. You have so little ki to work with and the game's extremely punishing. At least they don't respawn. You also can't jump and are very limited in your environment. This is turning out to be one of my least favorite soulsborne games. :glare:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just ordered Mario and Luigi Dream team.

I never played the 3DS original Mario and Luigi games, but I played the DS ones and Superstar Saga a lot. So I don't know if this game is any good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Forgive the brutality, I’ve been playing MK11.
For a second I thought you were talking about Mario Kart, but then I realized we're still on 8.

Anyway on that note which game do you think inspires more irl violence, Mario Kart or Mortal Kombat? I personally thing its the first one because blue shells bring out the worst in people. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

For a second I thought you were talking about Mario Kart, but then I realized we're still on 8.

Anyway on that note which game do you think inspires more irl violence, Mario Kart or Mortal Kombat? I personally thing its the first one because blue shells bring out the worst in people. :4pacman:
No, MK 11 is Mario Kart 11, you just have to time travel for it. It’s brutal, man. Have you seen the part where Mario rips Luigi’s head off? I can’t believe he’d betray him like that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I never played the 3DS original Mario and Luigi games, but I played the DS ones and Superstar Saga a lot. So I don't know if this game is any good.
It's pretty good. Not as good as Bowser's Inside Story, but still good. The tutorials are a bit much though.

Paper Jam isn't worth it imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition arrived!

...but i bought it for my birthday, so no playing until then. rip

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I think the idea that violence in video games inspires irl violence is a myth that many scientific studies have since disproven.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Idk, Mortal Kombat players become FERAL when they come across a zoner.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Reminder that the second Ninjala open beta starts tomorrow.

Servers better work this time unlike the first open beta.
Remind me when this second beta test begins tomorrow?
I haven't been keeping up with Ninjala's updates.
I've been busy playing Freedom Planet and just start playing XE: DE's Future Connected.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition arrived!

...but i bought it for my birthday, so no playing until then. rip
Already at Eryth Sea. I might have played the game too much already.

Partners in Time is the best game in the series.
Bowser's Inside Story was great but felt missing.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Alright, got my Genji figure posed! There he goes with the rest of my figures.
View attachment 273297
:o Oooh, awesome! xD Maybe at one point I will be able to show the collection on my shelf, if everything goes alright, I hope. I have been looking to get anything with Mercy, despite me not playing Overwatch, I don't know why I like her design so much, but I haven't been able to get anything :'C

D

Deleted member

:o Oooh, awesome! xD Maybe at one point I will be able to show the collection on my shelf, if everything goes alright, I hope. I have been looking to get anything with Mercy, despite me not playing Overwatch, I don't know why I like her design so much, but I haven't been able to get anything :'C
Play Overwatch.

It’s the only game where you can play as a hamster in a giant mech that is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.

This is why you need Overwatch. /s

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh yeah, Mercy certainly has a very good design. And I'd love to see your collection someday! Please tag me if you ever decide to post it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Play Overwatch.

It’s the only game where you can play as a hamster in a giant mech that is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.

This is why you need Overwatch. /s
X'D That's what I have heard. Quite hilarious, I must admit. Though, I don't think I'm going to be able to play such a game without getting motion sickness. And I played part of the Prime Trilogy, and I still got dazed at times.

Oh yeah, Mercy certainly has a very good design. And I'd love to see your collection someday! Please tag me if you ever decide to post it.
:3 Will do! xD Probably after I dust off everything and re-arrange as much as I can. I do hope I have space for my Shay Cormac statue and stuff, or I might have to get rid of some things, none of them gaming related, more like my softie Peeps plushies or something I just don't find worth keeping...heh, I got the chance to eat real Peeps Marshmallows after eons of not doing so ever since childhood, and I didn't....for some reason.... My current shelf is pretty small so, yeah.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’d be very surprised if it does. They already had a lot of hate due to multiple problems they created, lower attendance rates, and way to much of a change from what it was before. combined with the companies leaving and digital events still doing well, I can’t see them be able to support themselves after all this.
Plus the scares that will be left over will likely make people hesitant to go and participate as well I’m sure.

It’s going to be a pretty up hill battle for them to go forward with that and succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom