• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At the end of the day, it's lucky that Nintendo could keep the rights to most of the content in the original. Imagine if Fuji TV owned the rights to all of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic and not just the main cast. No Super Mario Bros. 2 :yoshi:
I suppose it worked out for the better. Mr. Dream is just such a boring character.

Speaking of, I just won the World Circuit! On to Mr Boring himself!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You guys ever have those moments where you're in a middle of a convo, and you have a perfect response, but then when you open your mouth your words words sound like sound this like you're stroke having this?

Shroob

Sup?
You guys ever have those moments where you're in a middle of a convo, and you have a perfect response, but then when you open your mouth your words words sound like sound this like you're stroke having this?
....I legit had a minor stroke reading that last part, congrats, you accomplished what you set out to do.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Forget thinking about playing Melee competitively.

No way in heck I have the mental sanity for that. I'm too harsh toward myself already and that would multiply it 10-fold.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m not a competitive enough of a person to enjoy doing anything competitive. I enjoy other people being excited and or happy about being number 1 or finishing in top 3 and stuff. I don’t really require that myself.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess I can add Punch-Out to my list of favorite franchises. Although I guess I’ll have to see how I fair without rewind when I get to Punch-Out Wii.

I don’t care if that means I basically did it on easy mode, it was still brutal! It just took me a night instead of a week. I’ll gladly take a silver medal, because I had fun!

Shroob

Sup?
I guess I can add Punch-Out to my list of favorite franchises. Although I guess I’ll have to see how I fair without rewind when I get to Punch-Out Wii.

I don’t care if that means I basically did it on easy mode, it was still brutal! It just took me a night instead of a week. I’ll gladly take a silver medal, because I had fun!
For context, Punch Out Wii is really easy, since all the characters have a set pattern more or less. As long as you learn the patterns, you can pretty much get through every fight without getting a hit. They also telegraph all their attacks.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I do relatively well in my locals, but I doubt I have the capability of going pro. Especially with Smash, I'd be damned before I try to make a living out of that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For context, Punch Out Wii is really easy, since all the characters have a set pattern more or less. As long as you learn the patterns, you can pretty much get through every fight without getting a hit. They also telegraph all their attacks.
Thanks for the tip. The motion controls aren’t a hassle are they?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finished Clone Wars

was extremely satisfied

Ashoka is now one of my favorite Star Wars characters

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks for the tip. The motion controls aren’t a hassle are they?
Not really no.

Honestly, you'll breeze through the game's normal mode as soon as you understand the basic patterns of the opponents, it's the rematch mode where things get marginally more difficult, like Bald Bull being unable to be knocked down without a Star Punch, which, in the harder modes, enemies can dodge star punches if you don't have them in a hitstun loop.

The thing you probably won't like is that after you beat the Hard Mode, which 'is' part of the game's completion, there's a final mode where you have to fight a gauntlet of never ending hard mode opponents, and the only way to 'win' is to lose 3 times, which rolls the final cutscene, The thing about this mode though is it holds a secret boss, so it could take 1 opponent, it could take twenty, you won't know when they'll show up.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Punch out on the Wii is one of those games I've always wanted to try out but I've just never gotten around to buying a copy, I should probably track one down soon.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's probably never going to happen but wouldn't it be sick if we got Terry Bogard in Street Fighter 5?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon people.

For the second day in a row, I get woken up by neighbours blasting music, brought to you by Northern Ireland's most annoying radio station.

Even worse I've got a video conference in an hour and a half. I swear I'm a few steps from snapping some days.

On the bright side my copy of Xenoblade is at the Royal Mail, so yep definitely will be in my hands tomorrow.

If only to my US friends, their postal service could be given more of a **** about.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Found a spare ethernet cable laying around. And my LAN adapter arrived.

Here's hoping I can finally play Smash online again.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rule of thumb for maxing out stats; it's a lot harder if you need special items in the overworld to do so as is.

Context is in Quest 64(and well, all N64 versions) there's 98 Rare Candy-like spirits floating around you need to get. These are separate from 98 battle spirits. It's easy to miss any of the first set of spirits, especially as they're in asinine places that are hard to find. Many are easy to spot(so a casual playthrough is super easy outside of Dungeons being difficult to traverse sometimes).

So I'm missing one spirit, out of 98 floating ones. And searching around the overworld twice didn't find it. I know I didn't manipulate my stats beforehand to make my Elements different whatsoever,(with codes, I mean) so it means I definitely missed one. Once I finished my 98 battle spirits, I was missing one. Oyyyyyyy. Now that's tedious. Albeit, since it takes forever to search 98 spots, and I've 100% it without using codes, I don't mind throwing on No Random Battles while I search. XD

I did find one I missed, which considering how often I play the game, is a derp moment. But that was spirit 97. So what could I be missing? ._.; The good news is Wireframe Rendering on my emulator can somewhat help, since it shows floating frames and all. Which, of course, I haven't seen yet. It's how I identified one literally in a desert that isn't close by any landmarks(and it's not even the literal middle of the desert part of the map to make it easy, but a bit closer to the bottom left. I have it memorized now, but that took years to do so. I never found it in my first few playthroughs either).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's probably never going to happen but wouldn't it be sick if we got Terry Bogard in Street Fighter 5?
Never say never. SNK’s licenses are notoriously cheap (the team behind Fighting EX Layer, an indie studio notoriously strapped for cash, was able to afford him). It basically boils down to if the SFV team want to or not.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...-ubisoft-potentially-4-nintendo-games.214446/

Amazon got a bunch of listings for upcoming games, though I'm not sure if they're placeholders or hints for games that could be announced in June (ones that would have been announced at E3). At the very least, I'm assuming that the Bethesda placeholder for the Switch is Doom Eternal.
Hopes and dreams people! Let’s hope we eventually get to see the disassembled skeleton of E3 2020 and some new titles are revealed! As always, my hopes are for Donkey Kong and Punch-Out!!.

Dutch Raikuna

https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...-ubisoft-potentially-4-nintendo-games.214446/

Amazon got a bunch of listings for upcoming games, though I'm not sure if they're placeholders or hints for games that could be announced in June (ones that would have been announced at E3). At the very least, I'm assuming that the Bethesda placeholder for the Switch is Doom Eternal.
The two Square Enix ones has me curious. Bravely Default 2 and please be a sequel to The World Ends With You.

I think we're gonna get an unexpected port of something.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The two Square Enix ones has me curious. Bravely Default 2 and please be a sequel to The World Ends With You.

I think we're gonna get an unexpected port of something.
we already know BD2 is coming so it can’t be that... right?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Of course, just when I have a potential breakthrough with playing Smash online again, I will need to get appliances to make my laptop compatible with smash online (or just carry my huge as butts tv over to the router) in order to have all of the wires reach each other.

And now my laptop has issues with the wifi and I'm hooked up to the ethernet cable. Fantastic /s

Dutch Raikuna

I really should stop ranting about where I'm from on here.

Also had the most awkward video conference. Thats what happens when you use Zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom