• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
DQ fans here, explain me this.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If I recall correctly, Hino himself has talked about Layton with Sakurai at one point. So I think its likely that he has at least considered him at one point.
There was also that one time when a fan requested him to both Hino and Sakurai.

I think that one concert Sakurai did also had a song from the Layton series at one point too.
there was also this from Laytons VA
wvZpISA0sgOsqovXUq5PWJ7377u5gOlFGwD_dYsaDRc.jpg

His account has since them been in private and I STILL have no idea wtf happend here

D

Deleted member

In an alternate scenario where Rare still stayed with Nintendo and Banjo & Kazooie made it into an earlier Smash game, would Gruntilda have been one of the most requested fighters?
Doubt so really. BK just gained traction this cycle and she would have to deal with a lot of other popular characters as well :b

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
there was also this from Laytons VA
View attachment 227665
His account has since them been in private and I STILL have no idea wtf happend here
Oh yeah that too, the worst part is that we still don't know what these voice lines have been used for.
We haven't really heard much from Christopher Miller's Layton voice in a long time besides the HD port of Curious Village last year.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah that too, the worst part is that we still don't know what these voice lines have been used for.
We haven't really heard much from Christopher Miller's Layton voice in a long time besides the HD port of Curious Village last year.
or if there was any voice lines at all or if he was just trollin

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
or if there was any voice lines at all or if he was just trollin
Probably not, he never struck me as the kind of guy to mess with his fans. (plus he sounded genuinely confused about what his voice session was all about)
Whatever it was has probably been scrapped or cancelled since then.

If he where to voice for Layton in Smash, they would probably have him do new fresh lines for him.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just can't imagine whoever could be next. I honestly don't think anyone at this point can top Banjo's reveal. Not even K. Rool's and Ridley's reveal comes anywhere close to it.

Still predicting an Lloyd Irving and an Resident Evil rep as the final two.

Who do you guys think the final two characters are? Do you also agree that no one at this point is gonna be able to top Banjo?
Dark Souls. And Crash Bandicoot. I’m sticking to my predictions through thick and thin. Plus they would be pretty hype.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's Munchie, Eight's pet mouse.
Its also your grandfather.
Are you Blue Hunter X/Alice/Malos? Cool new name btw.
The attention of details, man.

The Heroes are slowy winning me over.

Also, yes,yes & yes, it's-a-me, Blue Alos Robot X.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Pretty safe predictions for September's Direct:

- Banjo is talked about probably. Maybe a trailer for our next one.

- Luigi's Mansion is given its Halloween date it deserves announced.

- AC will likely be shown off more and will confirm online play.

- The games that DID leak and that insiders mentioned are gonna be in this Direct, so Warioware and 2D Metroid.

- Maybe more Pokémon news if not in it's own little direct before or after.

- A few Indies and ports of old games will be here

As for some more unlikely and/or wild predictions?

- Odyssey 2 will be announced like BotW 2 was. If not here, then at E3 next year since this would generate hype.

- New Party or Sports game in the Mario franchise. Slated for next year due to not wanting to compete with M&S, and I'd say no later than October 2020.

- M&L gets a new game announced. Late 2020 and early 2021 if not.

- Paper Mario won't be here and will be at E3 2020 if there is one.

- Pikmin 3 gets a port, while Pikmin 4 is saved as an E3 announcement. Pikmin 4 will be a spring release.

- Mother gets an HD Trilogy coming to the Nintendo Switch, redesigned with the 3D setting of Earthbound 64 in mind as well as the official art of the characters (since the characters look like clay models to me). This COULD be revealed at E3 2020. But I feel that might conflict with Metroid Prime Trilogy, if that's even there. Comversely, we could get Prime Trilogy announced in this September direct instead of E3 as a dual Metroid thing with the 2D one as Nintendo's method of scratching fan's itches as they wait for Prime 4. E3 could then have a release date?

- And of course, since there doesn't seem to be a new Kart racer in town, I'm gonna predict an F-Zero revival or if not, his appearance in the next Mario Kart (although Mario Kart would likely be an E3 announcement, but we'll see).

- More Bayo 3 news will finally be talked about since Astral Chain would have released.

- Portal will be given a Switch port.

- Yooka-Laylee might get a section given the new game.

- Kirby will have a game announced. Either here or at E3, but I got a feeling it's more of a September thing.

- That Retro game MIGHT show up here.

- The trailer for the new Smash DLC will be shown which I predict might be Doomguy and will happen in November as a sort of half-promotional character (I'll say late December at most if not then). Either this, or a new Pokémon (Baboom, anyone?).

- Town will get a trailer and/or releaae date

Annnnd I think that's it for what I can predict.

Thought I'd better make this now to save me the trouble for when predictions come in around August and early September.

Feel free to quote me on these if you'd like. I don't care whether I'm wrong or right, but if I'm vindicated with some of these, I'll be happy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hi peeps. What's everyone up to?
Recovering from last night and getting ready for Treehouse Day 2.

Also waiting for Game Freak to clarify the whole transfer mess.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I think our chances for an SNK rep just skyrocketed
Yes that's an actual game that was just announced.
I... uh... don't know how to react to that.

And how does this increase the chances of an SNK rep like... at all?

That's Munchie, Eight's pet mouse.
Its also your grandfather.
Welp, I already liked Eight the most out of the heroes.

And somehow, I like him even more now.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Arc System Works if we go Sol or Ragna
NO! KUNIO!
Also, I reckon Qwilfish, Tropius or Stantler are someones favourites.
Tropius rules!
DQ fans here, explain me this.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's a big spoiler but:
That's his grandfather. Who is a dragon. Who transformed himself into a pet mouse so he could look out for his grandson.

When you feed him cheese in battle, he breathes dragon breath on your enemies.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What's the "transfer mess" you speak of?
Pokemon Sword and Shield won't let you transfer Pokemon if they're not in the Galar Pokedex. Many people have problems with this, such as the old Pokemon looking like they recycled the 3DS models anyway and if it's a balance issue, competitive Pokemon is full of restrictions anyway.

D

Deleted member

And yeah, having Munchie join the battle alongside Eight is hype as hell too.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Pokemon Sword and Shield won't let you transfer Pokemon if they're not in the Galar Pokedex. Many people have problems with this, such as the old Pokemon looking like they recycled the 3DS models anyway and if it's a balance issue, competitive Pokemon is full of restrictions anyway.
That does sound messy.
How confident are you that it'll get fixed?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That does sound messy.
How confident are you that it'll get fixed?
Who knows. Game Freak's a bunch of weirdos, doing things like adding difficulty options to BW2 but having them be unlocked at the end and putting easy mode in one game and hard mode in the other and requiring you to transfer the other difficulty over.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would also like to ask Banjo fans something...

Why does Banjo smash Kazooie so much? Does the games give some kind of reason behind it or what?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Why does Banjo smash Kazooie so much? Does the games give some kind of reason behind it or what?
As far as I know, I don't think so, but I don't think you should thought about it too much, it's cartoon logic after all.

D

Deleted member

As far as I know, I don't think so, but I don't think you should thought about it too much, it's cartoon logic after all.
Yup, I understand cartoon logic.

I just asked for curiosity, since some people tend to say that Banjo is the most kind or pacific character in the game.

JD, watch the way you word things...
Yeah, I couldn’t think about another word for the thing where Banjo uses Kazooie as a hammer or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend

In Banjo Tooie, Banjo is given a move where he literally uses Kazooie as a hammer. So yeah, that move is in fact from one of their games. That said, Kazooie is probably very used to it by now and it could be considered karma for being an ass to just about every character.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
frankly it's sort of bizarre that i'm barely seeing any articles about Hero's addition on news sites or reddit at all - even the smaller things like the netflix game seem to be getting more attention

it's like an entire smash character got announced then just completely glossed over

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I guess it's time for the hardest part of the wait: finding out what music we got with each character. :205:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Why are advertisements twice as loud as the actual songs? I'm not gonna buy your product if you're obnoxious about it.

I've never complained about this phenomenon out in the open before, but I'm over it and need to let off steam lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Never played DQ8, but I'm glad that
the Yune vibes I was getting paid off.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hey Opossum Opossum since you're the biggest Fire Emblem sage in here I gotta ask ya something. I haven't read the leaks concerning Fire Emblem Three Houses and I don't wanna spoil myself the experience. But how would you compare the story of Three Houses to previous Fire Emblem games?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
frankly it's sort of bizarre that i'm barely seeing any articles about Hero's addition on news sites or reddit at all - even the smaller things like the netflix game seem to be getting more attention

it's like an entire smash character got announced then just completely glossed over
Wait for the Banjo hype to calm down a notch and we get more info on Erdrick, we see more peoples being interested in them, but for now, all the eyes are on the survivor of the Grinch Massacre.

D

Deleted member

Some people on Discord are recollecting many reactions to the Hero, and most are pretty positive.

One example was the Nintendo NYC Store crowd:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey Opossum Opossum since you're the biggest Fire Emblem sage in here I gotta ask ya something. I haven't read the leaks concerning Fire Emblem Three Houses and I don't wanna spoil myself the experience. But how would you compare the story of Three Houses to previous Fire Emblem games?
Funny you should mention that. Most of what was in the leaks actually ended up in the E3 trailer. Most of it dealt with the existence of a time skip and a war between the houses, which is public knowledge now. :p

The leaks don't mention too much about the story that isn't public now, but the leaker, for what it's worth, seemed to really like it. For reference, the leaker gave Genealogy a 10/10 for story and Fates a 2/10. They gave Three Houses a 9/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom