• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 224719

One day I wish to be as smug as this duckling
The Smugly Duckling
EDIT: Lol got beaten to the joke.
Something I thought about recently was how Erdrick would be handled when he gets into Smash. Something I've noticed is that when we hear about a character like Incineroar who has been leaked for months, people start to form set expectations as to how the character is gonna look and play like when they are actually announced. And at least for me, when that character actually is announced and showcased I think "woah I didn't expect them too look like that or do that". I feel like a lot of people tend to form even unintentionally this set expectation for how a character is gonna be in Smash.
This was sort of just a ramble, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if we know Erdrick is in, I think him and his trailer are still gonna be surprising and exciting in a lot of ways.
If I had a dollar for every 180 people did during character reveals.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Something I thought about recently was how Erdrick would be handled when he gets into Smash. Something I've noticed is that when we hear about a character like Incineroar who has been leaked for months, people start to form set expectations as to how the character is gonna look and play like when they are actually announced. And at least for me, when that character actually is announced and showcased I think "woah I didn't expect them too look like that or do that". I feel like a lot of people tend to form even unintentionally this set expectation for how a character is gonna be in Smash.
This was sort of just a ramble, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if we know Erdrick is in, I think him and his trailer are still gonna be surprising and exciting in a lot of ways.
I remember reading so many fan movesets for Joker that involved him switching between upwards of 5 Personas and that was ridiculous as hell.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'll take short burts of Noipoi over Nopoi.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Goemon is a video game anime. I liked it.

I would recommend you're under arrest also if you like 90s police drama. I really enjoyed it, and for the time, it was pretty progressive.

Thinking. I also would recommend commarde high (pretty sure i spelled it wrong). If you like saiki, you would like this one.
oohnyeah Cromartie High School, been meaning to watch that.
-sees Takahiro Sakurai is a VA-

oh hey, my fav VA, guess I am watching it

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
oohnyeah Cromartie High School, been meaning to watch that.
-sees Takahiro Sakurai is a VA-

oh hey, my fav VA, guess I am watching it
Youre under arrest is great.

It is about a police station in japan. It is very anime 90s. I love the show. Had a really decent dub also.

Actaully want to gush about YUA.
It had a fun premise, with the super strong natsumi and the nerdy, often shy miyuki. They played off if each other perfectly. Then the secondary cast of yoriko, aoi and kenny were also great. Aoi is also a great example of how to handle that type of character (do remember, it was the 90s).

I would also recommend stopping after season 1. S2 and the rest flanderized the characters.

----

Also just reread your message. Oops. CH has freddie. That is all you need going in. The show is super funny. I loved it.

It has had a really good dub. Cant go wrong with it. That show is pike saiki k, but more sureal.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Be careful about censor dodging.
Hey guys, here's a JRPG tier list, come tell me how wrong I am and what I should play that I haven't already.
I also dunno how I feel about FE or Nier being lumped into it but I rolled with it because why not.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Hey guys, here's a JRPG tier list, come tell me how wrong I am and what I should play that I haven't already.
I also dunno how I feel about FE being lumped into it but I rolled with it because why not.
Breath of fire 3 is in the wrong row. Get to playing it. That game is god tier. Play bof4 also while you are at it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I also dunno how I feel about FE being lumped into it but I rolled with it because why not.
>XBC1 > XBC2

and all is well in the world

Breath of fire 3 is in the wrong row. Get to playing it.
how is it on the wrong row if you admit it's totally correct to the point

if anything its on the right row

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The haven't played tier is horrendously wrong smh

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The haven't played tier is horrendously wrong smh
LISTEN RPGS ARE LONG OKAY :drflip:

I take my sweet time with most RPGs to the point where I sometimes finish just one RPG over the span of like, half a year.

Believe me I want to get to as many as I can because wow this list made me realize how long of a road I have.

D

Deleted member

Edit: Ignore this because I'm dumb and forgot I played more RPGs

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
>XBC1 > XBC2

and all is well in the world

how is it on the wrong row if you admit it's totally correct to the point

if anything its on the right row
He has not played it. That is a crime. He needs to play it niw and move it up to god tier.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i only finished bravely default 100% because i would ****ing grind on the school bus on the way to and from

they were hour long rides

i was grinding for 2 hours a day on bravely default

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I take my sweet time with most RPGs to the point where I sometimes finish just one RPG over the span of like, half a year.

Believe me I want to get to as many as I can because wow this list made me realize how long of a road I have.
And they're a lot to invest in on good faith.

Those slow burn JRPGs require like 15hrs of gameplay before it "gets good" and I don't want to lose those hours if it never actually does get good. If I don't like a TV show after three episodes I've only lost an hour and a half of my life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

In all fairness, Issun and Navi were practically created to talk for their partners. A significant portion of the cast doesn't have partners for that. It's not just one or two characters they'd be improvising for, its a multitude of them.

I guess its not impossible but it's also be a bit difficult to have that many combinations without getting stale.
Let me see....

:ultmario: can talk (Mario Sunshine)
:ultluigi: talks in paper mario
:ultpeach: can talk
:ultdaisy: can talk
:ultbowser: can talk
:ultdoc: nothing
:ultrosalina: can talk
:ultbowserjr: can talk
:ultiggy: :ultlarry: :ultlemmy: :ultroy2: :ultlemmy: :ultludwig: :ultmorton: can talk
:ultpiranha:nothing
:ultyoshi: nothing
:ultwario: can talk
:ultdk: No reason why he can’t talk.
:ultdiddy: No reason why he can’t talk.
:ultkrool: No reason why he can’t talk.
:ultlink: Navi
:ultzelda: can talk
:ultsheik: can talk
:ultganondorf: can talk
:ultyounglink: Navi
:ulttoonlink: Navi or KoRL
:ultsamus: can talk
:ultzss: can talk
:ultridley: talks in the manga
:ultdarksamus: idk
:ultkirby: can’t talk
:ultmetaknight: can talk
:ultkingdedede: can talk
:ultfox: Can talk
:ultfalco: Can talk
:ultwolf: Can talk
:ultpikachu: Trainer or Detective Pikachu
:ultjigglypuff: Trainer
:ultpichu:Trainer
:ultmewtwo: Can talk
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: Can talk
:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: Trainer (duh)
:ultlucario: Can talk
:ultgreninja: Trainer
:ultincineroar: Trainer
:ultness: No reason why he can’t talk.
:ultlucas:Can talk
:ultfalcon: Can talk
:ulticeclimbers: Doesn’t talk but would you even care if they did?
:ultmarth: Can talk
:ultroy: Can talk
:ultike: Can talk
:ultrobin::ultrobinf: Can talk
:ultlucina: Can talk
:ultchrom: Can talk
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: Can talk
:ultgnw: Doesn’t talk
:ultpit: Can talk
:ultpalutena: Can talk
:ultdarkpit: Can talk
:ultolimar: Can talk
:ultalph: Can talk
:ultvillager::ultvillagerf: Doesn’t talk but would you care if they did
:ultisabelle: Can talk
:ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm: Can talk
:ultlittlemac: Can talk
:ultshulk: Can talk
:ultduckhunt: Duck Hunter?
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy: Can’t talk but would you care if they did?
:ultsnake: Can talk
:ultsonic: Can talk
:ultmegaman: Can talk
:ultpacman: Can talk
:ultryu: Can talk
:ultken: Can talk
:ultcloud: Can talk in Japanese
:ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1: Can talk
:ultsimon: Can talk
:ultrichter: Can talk
:ultjoker: Can talk

I think we’re a go.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
And they're a lot to invest in on good faith.

Those slow burn JRPGs require like 15hrs of gameplay before it "gets good" and I don't want to lose those hours if it never actually does get good. If I don't like a TV show after three episodes I've only lost an hour and a half of my life.
I've definitely grown a tolerance for the slow starts most RPGs have, but that doesn't mean I don't dread enduring it for the exact reason you mentioned and is the reason I haven't gotten into a lot of these series yet. I don't doubt so many of these games are amazing, but RPGs are such a commitment, and if it doesn't keep me reeled in, it's just a waste of my time.

Nice list. But, Chrono Cross in low tier? Ouch.
I didn't finish Cross, but I got a good 20 hours in.

It's... fine. Nothing had really grabbed me by that point so I just kinda dropped it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Imagine having time to play games.

I was slowly getting through the original SaGa game. Not The Final Fantasy Legend but the original Japanese version Makai Toushi SaGa (Demon Tower SaGa). Unfortunately uni got in the way so playing a game that I had to learn how to read as I got through it meant putting it on hold.

So instead I've been playing RPGs that I already know how to read. :upsidedown:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God I'm so hungry.

Someone email me a friggin' sandwich.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I also dunno how I feel about FE or Nier being lumped into it but I rolled with it because why not.
Maybe people say P3 is just as good as, if not better than P5. Being about 20 hours into P3 ages myself I could see myself thinking that too by the end of the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
that's paper luigi though

paper luigi isn't luigi

he talks in luigis mansion games tho

also you forgot wario

It costs 10,000 coins to enter but some jerk will walk outta 10,000,000 coins richer! And hey, who knows, maybe that jerk will be you!"

Wario peddling the eSports dream to the masses.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
staindgrey staindgrey Yeah, and if you have a girlfriend, don't make her make one for you.
So first, good on you. Gender stereotypes are ****.

Second, last girlfriend I had I actually did all the cooking. Apparently I was the first guy she dated who'd cooked for her. She was 28.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't email you a friggin' sandwich but I can give you a picture of a friggin' sandwich.

This sandwich has the most try hard name of all sandwiches.
you ever google how they make the food in ads and then you learn that 80% of the products in this image to advertise food is in fact not food

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So first, good on you. Gender stereotypes are ****.

Second, last girlfriend I had I actually did all the cooking. Apparently I was the first guy she dated who'd cooked for her. She was 28.
the most Id cook for you is breakfest for me and you and after that, your ass is own your own for Lunch and Dinner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom