• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh, they'll screw up eventually. Just wait.
You might be right in the sense that it's pretty much impossible for a company to have a perfect track record.

But I don't see why you would specifically be inclined to think Capcom have some major screw-up imminent. Not gonna say they're the holiest company out there but I can't recall the last time they did anything particularly bad. The only thing I can think of is firing Inafune and cancelling a bunch of new Mega Man games, but in hindsight of what happened with Mighty No.9, that may not have been such a bad thing after all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean...they haven't really done anything that bad in recent memory?
Most people are probably thinking along the lines of "Isn't making any Mega Man games."

There used to be a lot of feeling that Inafune had been betrayed too, but that's probably settled down after his attempt at filing the serial numbers off ended the way it did.

They're probably going to be pretty worked up over the cartoon soon, too, although despite my not really blaming folks that's more that Capcom doesn't seem to know how to step in and tell someone something isn't OK. Nearly every western Mega Man adaption of any medium has something weird going on.

Ian Flynn's stuff was maybe a little better than the average derail, still threw in OCs and cranked up the shipping while messing with the chain of events a bit but for the most part kept a semblance of order. Then you have focus group motivated stuff like Ruby Spears modifying him into a teenage muscleman. Lastly you have the "what on earth is going on" like Green Mega Man, the Dreamwave comic, and the Brazilian comic.

The new cartoon seems to be hurtling into the last category, seemingly being functionally what happens when you try to turducken the Dreamwave attempt with something like Max Steel/Miraculous Ladybug and throw in an otaku character rename for unknown reasons. Admittedly nothing is likely ever going to top the Brazilian comic, though.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I mean...they haven't really done anything that bad in recent memory?
Street Fighter V released as 1/3 of a game but I've heard that was because pushed them to do that.

Honestly, I can't think of much else.

You know, EA hasn't much bad stuff in a while now either

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
SFV's release was kind of a trainwreck. That's about the only major ****up they've had recently.

I'd imagine that Capcom and Marvel don't want the same thing to happen again.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
SFV's release was kind of a trainwreck. That's about the only major ****up they've had recently.

I'd imagine that Capcom and Marvel don't want the same thing to happen again.
Street Fighter V mostly has Sony to blame. Apparently, to get their funding they had to meet a certain release date... That really sucks too considering we not only got a fraction of a game but also a lack of any other console support besides PC.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Street Fighter V released as 1/3 of a game but I've heard that was because pushed them to do that.

Honestly, I can't think of much else.

You know, EA hasn't much bad stuff in a while now either
I thought of that, but to be completely fair, the core mechanics of the game were apparently still fun (haven't played the game, honestly not much of an SF guy) and the content did (and still is IIRC?) come. And not only was it free to get the DLC, but they still gave you the option to just buy the unlockables if you really didn't mind paying for it, which showed they actively learned from past mistakes.

They're also not the only company to take that route, and others have handled it much worse. One could also argue that SFV was made the way it was because it didn't make a difference to what is arguably Street Fighter's core demographic (actual e-sports players and similarly dedicated competitive players). I could also argue that it at least means we won't be getting new content via re-releases sold at full price.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even then, SFV is pretty awesome, release aside.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As far as I'm aware, everything regarding SFV and communication between Capcom and the Street Fighter community has been pretty bad.
Communication between Capcom and the eSports side of the community has been stellar. Everyone that plays SFV competitively is pretty satisfied with the mechanics and gameplay and so on. The casual players though aren't getting very much. Someone who wants to jump around from character to character playing arcade mode or unlocking costumes isn't going to have a very fun time considering you can only unlock characters and costumes through online or by paying for them. Not to mention the two season passes don't feature any purchasable costumes or stages and all have to be purchased individually.

Because of the low sales numbers Capcom is having to overprice DLC and cut corners to make any profit. It's not their fault that they had a botched launch either.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't expect Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite News Drought to end until E3.

But dear lord please let this be real.
I really hope it is.

I'll take anything at this point, even small things that will keep us talking until E3.

I.e Release date, pre-order editions/bonuses, character silhouettes, button layout, story synopsis etc.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
*looks at title*
So how are we going to burn pain? With an icy hot patch? :yeahboi:

This MLB start though is going great though :lol: O's being 12-5 and leading the AL East. :b:

Don't have much to say about the SF stuff though since I'm not as big on fighting games.. :lol:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
With lots of fast.
But I'm starving!
*looks at title*
So how are we going to burn pain? With an icy hot patch? :yeahboi:

This MLB start though is going great though :lol: O's being 12-5 and leading the AL East. :b:
And even better, the Kansas City Royals just got their comeuppance this afternoon.

Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep. Next time a team gets swept, personally I hope it's the ***tros.

I'm going to be honest and pretty brief at this moment, but I feel stressed/sad right now...
What's wrong?

Last edited:

Chrono.

So what's new around here?

Persona 5 has completely taken over me, which is hilarious cause I only play it at night. But yeah, I really like it so far, which I did not expect. After finding Personas 1 through 3 to be lacking (to be exact, I hated 1, thought 2 was interesting but boring to play and 3 was a chore to play with a decent story behind it), haven't played 4 yet but now I really wanna check it out.

But yeah, a great game. I'd recommend to just about anyone since I found it to be really easy to get into unlike the other 3 I played.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So what's new around here?

Persona 5 has completely taken over me, which is hilarious cause I only play it at night. But yeah, I really like it so far, which I did not expect. After finding Personas 1 through 3 to be lacking (to be exact, I hated 1, thought 2 was interesting but boring to play and 3 was a chore to play with a decent story behind it), haven't played 4 yet but now I really wanna check it out.

But yeah, a great game. I'd recommend to just about anyone since I found it to be really easy to get into unlike the other 3 I played.
4 fixed a lot of problems that 3 had, and its vita remake fixed even more problems, you can guess that p5 continued to improve the formula

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Anything happened on campus or is it something else?
I mean, I guess it happened on campus; it wasn't anything major or highly serious, however. I basically spent 2-3 hours or so trying to scan 30 images for a project I have due tomorrow; I felt silly after realizing the first image I was trying to scan for testing purposes was flipped the wrong way on the scanner. It ended up causing me a bit of frustration for the majority of the time. Regardless, I was able to get all the images scanned just in time before a security officer in the building had to ask me and others to leave due to closure for the day. I then stopped by Chipotle, ate some food, and went on my way, but not before encountering another person (a women) who seemed to be homeless that was sitting on the sidewalk near an intersection. I didn't intend on looking at her straight on the eyes since I didn't believe there was anyone straight around the corner, but it happened yet again (I had to keep going since there was nothing I could really do as there are risks involved) and now I've been depressed yet again because of that. While I did come back from the train station, it was for a different purpose (seeing what Target had) and I ended up deciding to take a different sidewalk and eventually a different train station to leave.

Honestly, this week has not been the best for me and its hard to get through these kinds of encounters nowadays...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I mean, I guess it happened on campus; it wasn't anything major or highly serious, however. I basically spent 2-3 hours or so trying to scan 30 images for a project I have due tomorrow; I felt silly after realizing the first image I was trying to scan for testing purposes was flipped the wrong way on the scanner. It ended up causing me a bit of frustration for the majority of the time. Regardless, I was able to get all the images scanned just in time before a security officer in the building had to ask me and others to leave due to closure for the day. I then stopped by Chipotle, ate some food, and went on my way, but not before encountering another person (a women) who seemed to be homeless that was sitting on the sidewalk near an intersection. I didn't intend on looking at her straight on the eyes since I didn't believe there was anyone straight around the corner, but it happened yet again (I had to keep going since there was nothing I could really do as there are risks involved) and now I've been depressed yet again because of that. While I did come back from the train station, it was for a different purpose (seeing what Target had) and I ended up deciding to take a different sidewalk and eventually a different train station to leave.

Honestly, this week has not been the best for me and its hard to get through these kinds of encounters nowadays...
Sorry to hear about that. Homeless is a massive issue with this city that sadly not many people seem to pay any mind to. I know you wanted to help her, but there are times when you would have to leave it to someone else or even God to help them. Life sucks, but we can't save everyone who suffers on the streets and this is the best I can say.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got some old black shoes that I use during exercise that got covered in white paint. Today my mom grabbed them and painted them with spray.

She painted them with color bronze.

I'll be honest, they look damn cool.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So we may get some news on MvC:I sometime this week? About time, it's been around four months since the original announcement and Injustice 2's release is approaching the corner soon. Hopefully they've been using that time wisely for some spectacular reveals of gameplay or new characters. Though I am not afraid to say that after Street Fighter V, I'm going to be more cautious about MvC:I.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
A pretty good video explaining why you all should watch SAO abridged.Really if you haven't have watched SAO abridged, your missing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom