• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do you use a phone? It's basically tantamount to disabling all other functions and apps.

Imagine watching a TV show wherein if your gaze lapsed from the TV for too long it shut off, you consistently had to push the remote or it shut off, and you were prohibited from using any other device whenever you were watching... or it shut off.

The real situation is even worse because you've got two devices to juggle, both of which now have questionable battery life.

It doesn't really take someone who uses voice chat to see this is a horrible method of implementation.

I can only imagine they will eventually patch it, because frankly if it's as I'm hearing it's... just... unacceptable... but still, this should've been something done right from the get-go. This is a level of tone-deaf even Nintendo doesn't typically reach. It's like basic smart device protocol.
A phone is all I have now for Internet so yeah, I understand how disable voice chat could be annoying but I dont ever use voice chat for anything so thats about how much I can say
I just got 350 dollars off of a lottery ticket my friend gave me.

I have no idea what to do with it yet. Is that good?
If your like me, it probably wont get spent. i still have the 100 from my graduation and the 200 from my birthday

Last edited:

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
Beat Shovel Knight...I'm sure pretty much everyone else played Shovel Knight but I'll spoiler everything anyways just in case...
Ending was sad at first, but then it got better...
I really liked how you joined forces with Shield Knight to take on the final boss...

Unfortunately, I already knew that Shield Knight was the Enchantress so that sort of took away from the end-game but still was fun...as a final boss first phase was harder than the second...Propeller dash was very useful for both...
I very much enjoyed this game, I liked how the game had a certain level of depth giving you the feeling that you were on an actual adventure...

Was actually gonna start a campaign of Plague of Shadows....aaaand I'm not used to how different Plague Knight plays compared to Shovel Knight and I keep screwing up his jumps...the first level shouldn't give me as much trouble as it did...

Think I'll give Shovel Knight a break for now, PoS and SoT can wait, and there's still a third campaign on the way...Shantae's supposedly getting a campaign as well...so when that happens it sounds as if it'll be a good opportunity to go for another Indie binge...

Gonna start with Blaster Master Zero now....
Spector of Torment is an absolute masterpiece. You should still check it out now.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Tried playing Trial of the Sword for the first time. Made it pretty far, but a Moblin appeared out of of nowhere with a dragonbone club and killed me instantly so I sold my Wii U on eBay for $5

Chrono.

I was just thinking about all the late 90s Capcom fighting games just sitting there with no re-release on PS4.

Cyberbots, Tech Romancer, Star Gladiator, Power Stone, Rival Schools, Project Justice, etc. Would love to see these get remastered or something.

D

Deleted member

So, what does Blood Moon do exactly?
I was going to the Twin Peaks for the forst time fighting some Bokoblins on the way there when it happened and... nofhing changed?
The fact that Excalibur is a tome didn't bug you more? :p
HONESTLY THAT HAS BOTHERED ME SINCE I FIRST PLAYED AWAKENING AND I HATE WHOEVER THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA AND HOPE THEY'RE DEAD NOW
Beat Shovel Knight...I'm sure pretty much everyone else played Shovel Knight but I'll spoiler everything anyways just in case...
Ending was sad at first, but then it got better...
I really liked how you joined forces with Shield Knight to take on the final boss...

Unfortunately, I already knew that Shield Knight was the Enchantress so that sort of took away from the end-game but still was fun...as a final boss first phase was harder than the second...Propeller dash was very useful for both...
I very much enjoyed this game, I liked how the game had a certain level of depth giving you the feeling that you were on an actual adventure...

Was actually gonna start a campaign of Plague of Shadows....aaaand I'm not used to how different Plague Knight plays compared to Shovel Knight and I keep screwing up his jumps...the first level shouldn't give me as much trouble as it did...

Think I'll give Shovel Knight a break for now, PoS and SoT can wait, and there's still a third campaign on the way...Shantae's supposedly getting a campaign as well...so when that happens it sounds as if it'll be a good opportunity to go for another Indie binge...

Gonna start with Blaster Master Zero now....
Yeah, give some time between campaigns or otherwise the controls will feel weird, almost nothing you learned in SK applies to the other campaigns.
Still, they're really fun: Plague's platforming is super fun once you get the hang of it and Specter has the best Relics and fast-paced ganeplay of the three.

Chrono.

So, what does Blood Moon do exactly?
I was going to the Twin Peaks for the forst time fighting some Bokoblins on the way there when it happened and... nofhing changed?

It revives all enemies you've killed and resets treasure chests.

Also if you're fighting enemies at the time they recover HP (this applies to bosses too as some unlucky dude found out while fighting Ganon).

D

Deleted member

Also if you're fighting enemies at the time they recover HP (this applies to bosses too as some unlucky dude found out while fighting Ganon).
None of the enemies I was fighting recovered health nor ressurrected(I had only two injured Bokoblins remaining), so I assumed it was something else.
Still, that sounds more beneficial than anything(unless you're fighting a boss, that is) as I was worried you could do a Bokoblin genocide and run out of good weapons, even if that'd still take forever

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

It really restores enemy HP? Everytime I've had a blood moon it's gotten rid of all the enemies.

Chrono.

Abigail is a nutty character.
None of the enemies I was fighting recovered health nor ressurrected(I had only two injured Bokoblins remaining), so I assumed it was something else.
Still, that sounds more beneficial than anything(unless you're fighting a boss, that is) as I was worried you could do a Bokoblin genocide and run out of good weapons, even if that'd still take forever

It really restores enemy HP? Everytime I've had a blood moon it's gotten rid of all the enemies.
Then it just restores bosses HP then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is truly what I'd call a sin
He IS the Black Swordsman, alright

*sees thread title*
You: "Splatoon 2 tomorrow!"
Me, an intellectual: "Fate/Extella tomorrow"

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The whole voice chat situation is worse when you remember Microsoft got it right on their first try, which was 15 years ago.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So tomorrow I'll be at freeComic-con (as in, the places around Comic-con where you don't need a badge), and raid the Nintendo Lounge for the 3rd time in my life, hopefully being able to play MarioRabbids and hopefully win another shirt from the Splatoon2/Arms/PokkenDX challenge they have.

But of course Mario Odyssey is only playable in the actual Comic-con.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
New Overwatch comic:
http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/doomfist-masquerade

Focuses on Doomfist and Talon

Please make those outfit as official in game skins Blizzard... especially Reaper's
@redfeatherraven
Did you send me a friend request on the Switch? I just got one from someone named Red so I assume it was you.

Yeah, the battery life is ridiculous.
I appreciate not needing a TV to play it(especially since my room doesn't have one) but I have threr hours at best when playing BotW, and that's on Airplane Mode.
I wouldn't mind it for games that are pick-and-play(like actual handheld games or level-based ones) but BotW is a game you're supposed to put hours into yet I'm not able to do so properly.

Can I add you on my Switch?

Well, battery life wasn't mentioned on my review...
I only play Cave Story + and Splatfest... the console actually stops the software and goes to sleep mode... and that was the only time I was out midmatch. I do get message that I couldn't find players at times in the lobby, but I never get kicked out in match when playing. I play it in Wifi by the way, so that is good.

And this is a repost... because I don't think you notice it...
Just a while ago I watched an anime called Made In Abyss, don't get fooled with its simple and cute anime style. The first music in the first episode and the OP were just... god tier. Also how they display the large landscape is just epic. Definitely going to be the anime I am going to stick with for now. It's a manga, I may check it after a few episode like how I did with My Hero Academia.
Here are my thoughts on episode 2...
I also was kind of moved with how they bring up the main character Riko's untypical trait, we usually don't see this until far more episode in some animes. Riko's mother really reminds me of Gon's father Gin from Hunter X Hunter, she is kind of an idiot if she wasn't in the Abyss (Just like Gin...),however she's really on hell of a mother according to Lugio, she took Riko back from Abyss nearly out of any curse from the Abyss (Since Riko was born down the pit, so this means her mother Liz was probably pregnant during that time, which is even more mind blowing if you think about it), at the end I think it was great to let us know more of Riko's mother since her letter seems to be with triggers the entire plot, but the first one has to be that robo-humanoid boy called Regu by Riko. And no unlike Megaman he still has belly button and that thing we dudes have... for some reason... he has stretchy robotic arms as well. Also pointy ear like Link's.

Right now animes I am watching are MHA Re:Creators, Kakegurui, Made in Abyss, and Soul Eaters currently.

Also I finish reading Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals, so basically it is a prequel for the main My Hero Academia.

Chapter 9 stun me...
Because there was a dude called Stendahl who was basically taking down bad guys as a Vigilante. By seeing his quirk... it was way too obvious...
He's Stain... we never get to see his real face though...
Now the next chapter is going really interesing.
Oh yeah, that high school girl named Quinn Hachisuka(First appeared in chapter 5) turns out to be a villain who gives out those "Trigger" drugs by her quirk...
Her look reminds me of Magane from Re:Creators... a lot.
Here's one thing I found that is cool. Manual's hair color seems to be different in this manga and the anime
manual anime.png
manual manga.png

Did he used to dye his hair or something?
The whole voice chat situation is worse when you remember Microsoft got it right on their first try, which was 15 years ago.
Voice chat was the only thing I was concerning... turns out my concern became the worst case scenario...
I have not much problem when playing Splatoon 2 without voice chat, but if I need it I might just go Discord.
Nintendo really needs to explain why they made the voice app kind of garbage later date...

And me buying Splatoon 2 right now is a bit of struggle since I want to buy NA region's, using a bit too much cash recently, and I'm studying abroad to the US in August. So I might purchase the game at that time.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone play "Dragon Ball Fusions?"

I was curious if it was any good

Also why "In the game's North American release, all swords in the game had been replaced with sticks. Though no explanation as to why this change was made, a representative of Bandai Namco told Operation Rainfall that the decision was made by Nintendo and Bandai Namco.[4]"

WTF Nintendo? You have swords in your own games

Edit: This is stupider the more I think about it

There are swords in friggin' kirby games

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did my part and left some feedback through the feedback section of the Nintendo Switch Online phone app.

It'd be great if everyone with a Switch and even those planning to get one soon could do this since we might see them listen to feedback.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Did my part and left some feedback through the feedback section of the Nintendo Switch Online phone app.

It'd be great if everyone with a Switch and even those planning to get one soon could do this since we might see them listen to feedback.
The app doesn't seems to be available on my region... I'm afraid it might never will. This means the app's another downside is it isn't worldwide available on Android and iOS

I also found out an artist Smai drew an artwork of Marie in kimono BEFORE Splatoon 2 or even Nintendo Switch was revealed.
http://smaiart.tumblr.com/post/143655215364/maries-solo-song-reminded-me-of-enka-singing-so-i
She even nearly got the color right, well it's pretty easy to get it right but still...
Her description corresponds to Gaijin Goomba's analysis video on Marie's Kimono, wow.
Marie’s solo song reminded me of Enka singing so I did a late night doodle to tackle art block once again!
Smai draws Splatoon art work occasionally, here's her "Meet the artist" bio:
"Meet the artist" is a trend going with many artists on Tumblr and Twitter, even more recent seems to be the MHA OC trend, been seeing it a lot on Twitter recently as well.

This comic was made by her too, I love how she created "Friendly Octoling", well, now we sort of have one in Splatoon 2.

Last edited:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Did anyone play "Dragon Ball Fusions?"

I was curious if it was any good

Also why "In the game's North American release, all swords in the game had been replaced with sticks. Though no explanation as to why this change was made, a representative of Bandai Namco told Operation Rainfall that the decision was made by Nintendo and Bandai Namco.[4]"

WTF Nintendo? You have swords in your own games

Edit: This is stupider the more I think about it

There are swords in friggin' kirby games
The game is awesome, even if it's a little short. But I had a lot of fun.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Reminder that this is later today:

Why Greg Miller though? Spider-Man reveal for Infinite confirmed Kappa

There's an MvC:I dedicated panel tomorrow at 11:15 PST as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hi there! How you going? Me, I just came back from 3 days of vacations I had with my family. And it was pretty good! We walked alot, we eated alot and it was all around great! However, I was cut from the internet, so, what did I miss of special?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
There is the Hot Dog Day artical on the switch that showed up and its amazing.Mr. Koizumi was asked in an AMA "Is a hot dog a sandwich" And he answered "iA hot dog is not a sandwich"
You click "Great" to say a hot dog is a sandwich and "oh" to say a hot dog isnt a sandwich

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There is the Hot Dog Day artical on the switch that showed up and its amazing.Mr. Koizumi was asked in an AMA "Is a hot dog a sandwich" And he answered "iA hot dog is not a sandwich"
You click "Great" to say a hot dog is a sandwich and "oh" to say a hot dog isnt a sandwich
I am with Koizumi, I don't think hot dog is a sandwitch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A hot dog cannot be a sandwich because it is covered by the bun on three sides, not two.

If anything this makes a hot dog a taco.

D

Deleted member

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
When you bought Disgaea through the Japanese EShop, were you able to play it in English?
Please make those outfit as official in game skins Blizzard... especially Reaper's

Can I add you on my Switch?

Well, battery life wasn't mentioned on my review...
I only play Cave Story + and Splatfest... the console actually stops the software and goes to sleep mode... and that was the only time I was out midmatch. I do get message that I couldn't find players at times in the lobby, but I never get kicked out in match when playing. I play it in Wifi by the way, so that is good.

And this is a repost... because I don't think you notice it...
Just a while ago I watched an anime called Made In Abyss, don't get fooled with its simple and cute anime style. The first music in the first episode and the OP were just... god tier. Also how they display the large landscape is just epic. Definitely going to be the anime I am going to stick with for now. It's a manga, I may check it after a few episode like how I did with My Hero Academia.
Here are my thoughts on episode 2...
I also was kind of moved with how they bring up the main character Riko's untypical trait, we usually don't see this until far more episode in some animes. Riko's mother really reminds me of Gon's father Gin from Hunter X Hunter, she is kind of an idiot if she wasn't in the Abyss (Just like Gin...),however she's really on hell of a mother according to Lugio, she took Riko back from Abyss nearly out of any curse from the Abyss (Since Riko was born down the pit, so this means her mother Liz was probably pregnant during that time, which is even more mind blowing if you think about it), at the end I think it was great to let us know more of Riko's mother since her letter seems to be with triggers the entire plot, but the first one has to be that robo-humanoid boy called Regu by Riko. And no unlike Megaman he still has belly button and that thing we dudes have... for some reason... he has stretchy robotic arms as well. Also pointy ear like Link's.

Right now animes I am watching are MHA Re:Creators, Kakegurui, Made in Abyss, and Soul Eaters currently.

Also I finish reading Vigilante: My Hero Academia Illegals, so basically it is a prequel for the main My Hero Academia.

Chapter 9 stun me...
Because there was a dude called Stendahl who was basically taking down bad guys as a Vigilante. By seeing his quirk... it was way too obvious...
He's Stain... we never get to see his real face though...
Now the next chapter is going really interesing.
Oh yeah, that high school girl named Quinn Hachisuka(First appeared in chapter 5) turns out to be a villain who gives out those "Trigger" drugs by her quirk...
Her look reminds me of Magane from Re:Creators... a lot.
Here's one thing I found that is cool. Manual's hair color seems to be different in this manga and the anime
View attachment 131654 View attachment 131655
Did he used to dye his hair or something?
Voice chat was the only thing I was concerning... turns out my concern became the worst case scenario...
I have not much problem when playing Splatoon 2 without voice chat, but if I need it I might just go Discord.
Nintendo really needs to explain why they made the voice app kind of garbage later date...

And me buying Splatoon 2 right now is a bit of struggle since I want to buy NA region's, using a bit too much cash recently, and I'm studying abroad to the US in August. So I might purchase the game at that time.
Sure, I'll leave my FC later for everyone here once I find out how to post screenshots from the Switch
A hot dog cannot be a sandwich because it is covered by the bun on three sides, not two.

If anything this makes a hot dog a taco.
If it only has bread in one side, it's a pizza.
If it has bread on two sides, it's a sandwich.
If it has bread on three sides, it's a hot dog
If it has bread on four sides, it's a calzone

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
When you bought Disgaea through the Japanese EShop, were you able to play it in English?

Sure, I'll leave my FC later for everyone here once I find out how to post screenshots from the Switch

If it only has bread in one side, it's a pizza.
If it has bread on two sides, it's a sandwich.
If it has bread on three sides, it's a hot dog
If it has bread on four sides, it's a calzone

I mean, it's simply basic math. You can't argue with these facts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We got a theme song for Infinite the Berserker Armour Hedgehog

Yeah, that's a Sonic song alright.

I don't know what's worse.
This theme being absolutely edgy as ****
Or the fact I like it

EDIT:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah, i got it off of JP amazon because jp eshop wont take my card but when I started the game, yes it was in english

The only difference if Disgaea 5 Japanese title is the original and NAs is Disgaes 5 Complete and they are treated as two different games

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing a fake Pokémon CoroCoro leak is making me want a real one to happen.

Been hankering for some Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon news for a while.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
We got a theme song for Infinite the Berserker Armour Hedgehog

Yeah, that's a Sonic song alright.

I don't know what's worse.
This theme being absolutely edgy as ****
Or the fact I like it

EDIT:
Infinite's theme is the kind of cheesiness I love from this franchise.

Sonic Forces certainly has me interested from a story perspective. I'm glad we're returning to a more serious story this time around.

Still, the actual game itself looks to be a hodge podge of ideas that are cool and ideas that leave a lot to be desired.

I'm still giving the game a shot, but it honestly looks like Sonic Generations, but nowhere near as fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom