• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing that caught my attention in the Splatfest demo was that the song "Fest Zest" was used in both the player creator menu and Splatfest victory theme.

The original game had different songs for those two instances. Was that just a demo thing?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
One thing that caught my attention in the Splatfest demo was that the song "Fest Zest" was used in both the player creator menu and Splatfest victory theme.

The original game had different songs for those two instances. Was that just a demo thing?
Well we will find out on Friday.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic comics aren't dead yet, but they won't be part of Archie anymore.
The Archie comics have been a major part of Sonic's history. Seeing them gone is just, well, strange.

There's was a lot of great talent on Archie Sonic, so when we see Sonic's eventual return to comics (IDW please), hopefully most, if not all of the Archie talent can come back, even if it's for a new continuity.

Rest in peace, Archie Sonic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think I know what the Callie and Marie amiibos do.
Coricus found out earlier:
Hey everyone, somebody tested the Callie and Marie Amiibo in Splatoon 2.

They didn't do anything except pull up what are essentially answering machine messages, LOL. Well, it's more like the notes people leave in their windows, but answering machine messages are more relevant to the times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/c...functions_are_locked/?st=j5b4iahk&sh=df1f4ce6

Combined with the C&D, I am now veeeery much thinking the true function is a spoiler. It's probably locked behind beating single player.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man, I'm so rusty at Arms...

Been away from it for a while and I went back into the game for a bit and I've been sucking bad...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I saw the final boss of Splatoon 2.

It's pretty sweet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Goku in Dragon Ball thinks techniques from other fighters are "Dirty Tricks"

until he uses them.

Then it's nice clean fighting!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So the USUM guidebook is available for pre order and the description implies there are more islands and it's 182 pages longer then Sun and Moons.
https://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Ultra-Sun-Moon-Official/dp/074401882X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500517024&sr=8-1&keywords=Pokemon+Ultra+Sun+and+Moon+Guide+Book
So... Maaaaybe new Tapus? If the lore reminds unchanged, there should be a guardian for these new islands.

And really, not having a fire Tapu still urks me.

Not likely, I know, but still.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never noticed how badly designed Chrom was in Smash.

That cape is hilariously small meanwhile the Falchion is like MASSIVE.
The one thing that bothers me is the small cape. I don't mind the larger Falchion (as a side note, his isn't the only Falchion with that issue...for some reason, Alm's Falchion is huge in Heroes).

On the other hand his trophy is insanely detailed. You can see the dirt on his boots and stuff. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's still bugs me the sword is named "Falchion" and is not a falchion

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Saw the final boss fight for Splatoon 2.

Sniper Marie for Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I kinda but not really got over Nintendo's nonsense regarding the necessity of a separate app to run voice chat but now I've learned that the chat on the app stops working if you pull down the notification tray or exit the app in any way shape or form, including responding to messages or just letting the phone naturally go into sleep mode because you're busy playing a video game. So you have to keep your screen lit while using it. And apparently it also devours battery.

NO NINTENDO

WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOING

ARE YOU IGNORING DeNA

ITS 2017 NINTENDO

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

so bad

am sad

>_<

:(

I really hope I've been misinformed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I kinda but not really got over Nintendo's nonsense regarding the necessity of a separate app to run voice chat but now I've learned that the chat on the app stops working if you pull down the notification tray or exit the app in any way shape or form, including responding to messages or just letting the phone naturally go into sleep mode because you're busy playing a video game. So you have to keep your screen lit while using it. And apparently it also devours battery.

NO NINTENDO

WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOING

ARE YOU IGNORING DeNA

ITS 2017 NINTENDO

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

so bad

am sad

>_<

I sadly cant give proper feedback to this situation because Im not a voice chat person in games

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's only tomorrow until Splatoon 2's Japan and PAL launch. I think so I don't have to worry too much about Spoilers, I'll probably just play a good 2 hours of the Multiplayer before blitzing through the campaign. Shouldn't be too difficult, but I hope that spoilers or not, it's a satisfying campaign from start to finish. The fight with DJ Octavio in the original game was incredible, and I'm hoping this final boss lives up to those expectations, but given the spoiler comments, I'm assuming they do.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well, I watched the final boss battle for Splatoon 2's story mode.

So it turns out Callie was mind-controlled by Octavio through some special shades. I wonder if Callie made some prior appearances in the story mode, because if this was the only appearance, that feels disappointing. I was expecting Callie to show up as some recurring boss, something like a stronger Octoling.

Most of the fight looked pretty underwhelming as well. It's mainly a repeat of the final battle from Splatoon 1, but you are only stuck in an arena and don't traverse a path.

But things took a turn for the better when Marie fired that sniper to hit Callie in the head and bring her back to reality. The CaliMari Incantation remix was good, and the final phase of the fight was neat with the whole rail-riding gimmick. The finishing blow on Octavio was cool too, and so was the end credits theme.

I wonder if Callie will show up in the plaza while wearing a kimono after beating the story mode.

But in all, most of the final battle was... underwhelming. It has some good moments (like Callie regaining her mind again), but most of the other elements just felt... meh. I guess that's what happens when you go all out on the first Splatoon final boss battle.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

NO NINTENDO

WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOING

ARE YOU IGNORING DeNA

ITS 2017 NINTENDO

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

so bad

am sad

>_<

I have t looked into it, but damn. If this is true then Nintendo deserves all the criticism they're getting for the voice chat fiasco. That's such a blatant example of them sabotaging themselves...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I sadly cant give proper feedback to this situation because Im not a voice chat person in games
Do you use a phone? It's basically tantamount to disabling all other functions and apps.

Imagine watching a TV show wherein if your gaze lapsed from the TV for too long it shut off, you consistently had to push the remote or it shut off, and you were prohibited from using any other device whenever you were watching... or it shut off.

The real situation is even worse because you've got two devices to juggle, both of which now have questionable battery life.

It doesn't really take someone who uses voice chat to see this is a horrible method of implementation.

I have t looked into it, but damn. If this is true then Nintendo deserves all the criticism they're getting for the voice chat fiasco. That's such a blatant example of them sabotaging themselves...
I can only imagine they will eventually patch it, because frankly if it's as I'm hearing it's... just... unacceptable... but still, this should've been something done right from the get-go. This is a level of tone-deaf even Nintendo doesn't typically reach. It's like basic smart device protocol.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Beat Shovel Knight...I'm sure pretty much everyone else played Shovel Knight but I'll spoiler everything anyways just in case...
Ending was sad at first, but then it got better...
I really liked how you joined forces with Shield Knight to take on the final boss...

Unfortunately, I already knew that Shield Knight was the Enchantress so that sort of took away from the end-game but still was fun...as a final boss first phase was harder than the second...Propeller dash was very useful for both...
I very much enjoyed this game, I liked how the game had a certain level of depth giving you the feeling that you were on an actual adventure...

Was actually gonna start a campaign of Plague of Shadows....aaaand I'm not used to how different Plague Knight plays compared to Shovel Knight and I keep screwing up his jumps...the first level shouldn't give me as much trouble as it did...

Think I'll give Shovel Knight a break for now, PoS and SoT can wait, and there's still a third campaign on the way...Shantae's supposedly getting a campaign as well...so when that happens it sounds as if it'll be a good opportunity to go for another Indie binge...

Gonna start with Blaster Master Zero now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom