• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Eh, something tells me they would rather not suffer a lawsuit, but it will be inevitable if JonTron wants payment. Though judging by his statement it seems like he's not going to push it.
or he pushed it already and is working it out with them. either way, hope he gets his dolla bills back

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Playtonic got in a lose-lose situation.

If they keep Jon: "Why you left a racist participate on this? Pre-Order cancelled"

Jon gets removed: "Why you go against free speech? Pre-Order cancelled"

However the first one seems to be the best, both decisions can cause heavy backlash but the first one seems to cause the less amount of it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
After selling off my Wii U, two Xbox Ones, and 30+ games, I was able to order a Switch Bundle with BotW, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight, and Snipperclip. And I still have $48 left over. Probs will get a screen protector and maybe Bloodborne.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Mia the Adventurer won. Well, she's a character with a memorable outgoing personality and a Curator, so that's good.

Now we are at the last of the Xenoblade X recruits and one tater tot Nopon in the room. Your choices are Phog Christoph, Secretary Nagi, Yelv, and Tasu (This might interest Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ). It won't be long until I reach the four main villains of Xenoblade X.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

No I'm back to lurking since the less JonTron the better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mia the Adventurer won. Well, she's a character with a memorable outgoing personality and a Curator, so that's good.

Now we are at the last of the Xenoblade X recruits and one tater tot Nopon in the room. Your choices are Phog Christoph, Secretary Nagi, Yelv, and Tasu (This might interest Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ). It won't be long until I reach the four main villains of Xenoblade X.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

No I'm back to lurking since the less JonTron the better.
May I ask why is Tastu there?

Unlike Riki, Tastu has no means to defend himself at all. He would be a joke character and punching bag at best. Even Phog and Nagi makes more sense than him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After selling off my Wii U, two Xbox Ones, and 30+ games, I was able to order a Switch Bundle with BotW, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight, and Snipperclip. And I still have $48 left over. Probs will get a screen protector and maybe Bloodborne.
Why exactly did you have TWO X-Box Ones? Assuming they both worked, I can't really imagine someone taking a broken one.

As someone else suggested, Blaster Master Zero is on Switch too, so maybe get that if you want another game for it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Playtonic got in a lose-lose situation.

If they keep Jon: "Why you left a racist participate on this? Pre-Order cancelled"

Jon gets removed: "Why you go against free speech? Pre-Order cancelled"

However the first one seems to be the best, both decisions can cause heavy backlash but the first one seems to cause the less amount of it.
I've seen more support for their decision than the opposite.

That said I didn't see any demands to have him removed prior to all this.

But, I haven't actually been following this whole thing very closely, so I wouldn't be the person to ask anyway. Not that anyone did. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
May I ask why is Tastu there?

Unlike Riki, Tastu has no means to defend himself at all. He would be a joke character and punching bag at best. Even Phog and Nagi makes more sense than him.
Troll votes or not, at least there's seems to be a following.

But you're right, Tastu was just in a tough position. We've expected a cool Nopon party member like Riki in Xenoblade X, but got a pacifist with an overused running gag instead. I hate the gag, but I don't hate the character.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

But you're right, Tastu was just in a tough position. We've expected a cool Nopon party member like Riki in Xenoblade X, but got a pacifist with an overused running gag instead. I hate the gag, but I don't hate the character.
Still, Tatsu is only useful as a potato. :v

And to make me lose my arm.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Exactly. No matter how hard you try to defend him, he's honestly the worst character in the entire game.

Forced character, terrible gags, and honestly he has no place in the game's plot other than being the token Nopon. Tatsu is just a rotten potato with little personality or potential going for him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hpw can anyone hate the Rock? He's the people's champion

Wait wrong Rock. . . .well then how can anyone hate bushy brows? . . .still wrong?

You forgot about Rock from Soul Calibur. XD

-------------------

Just a reminder; MFW and TFW posts are considered spam. Add more content than that and a picture/video.

D

Deleted member

Hpw can anyone hate the Rock? He's the people's champion

Wait wrong Rock. . . .well then how can anyone hate bushy brows? . . .still wrong?

Of course Soul Easter has done it :p
The idea of "Living weapon that has a human form" actually came from stuff I saw about it. I'd watch the anime but I hear it goes original at some point ala FMA 2003. Though I also hear it's gonna get a remake in the way of Brotherhood so I should give it a try whenever that happens

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why exactly did you have TWO X-Box Ones? Assuming they both worked, I can't really imagine someone taking a broken one.

As someone else suggested, Blaster Master Zero is on Switch too, so maybe get that if you want another game for it.
I bought one, and the other I took from my dad since he wasn't using it. Was planning on selling it off earlier, but never got around to it. Sorta glad I did hold on to it. This $445 bundle was the only way I'd be able to get a Switch guaranteed. Without it, I'd probably have to wait months.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't do this to me man.

Is this real or nah?
It has legitimate sources that it's real.

All I'm gonna say is this:

DON'T TAUNT ME OH MERCIFUL LORD. I WANT ROKKU BACK IN MY LIFE

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you look at Playtonic's initial statement, they mention that JonTron's voice is being removed as part of a "content update".

That's pretty vague, but I hope they mean a day one patch removes his voice. At least that would be an interesting compromise. People who still want to hear his voice in the game can simply avoid the day one patch.

So if you still wanna hear Jon in the game, just don't update and you might still hear him.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I ordered one of those Mystery Minis of Frogger for my birthday. It came in the mail today (a day late, but still).

Putting him next to my Mario and Pac-Man amiibo is great. Old time arcade stars. :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Both of those are odd ways to spell the DKC Jungle Level theme.
You're all wrong.

It was Little Mac and the Miis that got the Sakubias.

They get more alts and way cooler alts than everyone else, after all.

And then he made the fans fill in the empty spaces he left for the other characters' alts. :c

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I just summoned a five star Ninian who's -HP and +SPD. Does anyone know how good she is? Apparently she can dance and attack at the same time, which adds in her favor of usefulness.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That moment I'm paragliding from way high up and I see a lone bokoblin doing bokoblin things below me....So I decide to shoot an arrow from way high up just for the **** of it...

*Lands a Headshot*

Feels good man...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I miss the days when it was Kirby, Star Fox, and Kid Icarus facing the brunt of the "Sakurai bias" accusations. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Both of those are odd ways to spell the DKC Jungle Level theme.
Let's not forget his hard-on for the Super Mario Bros Theme.

There's way too many medleys of that one song.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I miss the days when it was Kirby, Star Fox, and Kid Icarus facing the brunt of the "Sakurai bias" accusations. :p
I don't, LOL, somehow most of the time Sakuraibias rants end up targeting something I like no matter what franchise it is.

The irony of Wolf fans saying him not getting in as DLC is Sakuraibias, tho

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So two years ago?
Yes. It was a simpler, less FE-infested time.

I don't, LOL, somehow most of the time Sakuraibias rants end up targeting something I like no matter what franchise it is.

The irony of Wolf fans saying him not getting in as DLC is Sakuraibias, tho
I suppose you two just share similar tastes then. Because to be fair, it probably was legitimately some degree of bias that got Dark Pit his spot.

But I'll take a third KI character to six FE characters, even though Dark Pit is just the worst. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When are we going to have the day that people complain about Metroid bias?

Still waiting...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When are we going to have the day that people complain about Metroid bias?

Still waiting...
The day after Nintendo releases the new F-Zero game.

You know, Fire Emblem is probably Nintendo's biggest series after the main three.
Nintendo is certainly treating it that way. And it's up there in terms of quantity. But AC and Wii and Kirby and DK are all still bigger in general. Even Metroid has had multiple titles sell in excess of FE's best selling title (though how big Metroid is as a series is also exaggerated). Splatoon itself sold more than both Awakening and Fates combined.

But, yeah, currently it's bigger than a lot of those series. And it might eclipse some of them at some point. But it's firmly in the b-tier. Though it used to be pretty much c-tier.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kirby, DK, and Metroid are all much bigger.

Though Metroid is slipping.
I'd argue it's on par with them, at least nowadays. It gets regular releases far more often than DK, and about on the level of Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom