• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lets play a game: You are tasked to choose a new Fire Emblem character for Smash Switch, however it must be a pre-Awakening character (if you choose a Gaiden character it will be on Echoes design, but characters newly added in Echoes can't be chosen).

Who's your choice?
I originally read the question as picking a pre-Awakening character to reappear for Fire Emblem Switch in a similar way to Awakening characters returning in Fates, but then I noticed it is referring to Smash Switch. Dang it. I was going to pick Forde for the former topic.

For Smash Switch, probably Hector. Haven't played Blazing Sword, but I do like what I've seen of him in Heroes, and it'd be pretty cool to have an Axe user in Smash.

Argh, so from the looks of it, Tekken 7's single player modes are a little gimped.

Arcade Mode is only 5 fights, and for the first time in the series, there are no character endings. Story Mode is getting blasted because it's short and the story itself accomplishes nothing and leaves a lot of plot threads hanging despite being the "end of the Mishima saga"

And there's a To be continued thing at the end
Shame to hear that's what becomes of Tekken 7's story. Gotta look up the Tekken 7 story and see what it has become, but it sounds like it rivals Street Fighter 5's level of poor story-telling.

And there's "To be continued" at the end? What the heck happened? Did they kill Kazumi and then the devil part of her escaped and found a new soul or something?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pirates 5 was your standard fare PotC film. Fun and silly and at times ridiculous.

Yeah no, they're not gonna bring back Barbossa. He sacrifices himself (him dying was heavily telegraphed) to kill Salazar and his daughter takes up the Barbossa name.
Yeah Barbossa came back at the end of DMC and Jack survived being eaten by the Kraken and Davy Jones is implied to be back but it's the second time for Barbossa and it's a sacrifice.

Also they need to get Jack's Uncle and Father together in the inevitable sequel if only because it's Paul McCartney and Keith Richards.

Sea Turtles Mate/10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lets play a game: You are tasked to choose a new Fire Emblem character for Smash Switch, however it must be a pre-Awakening character (if you choose a Gaiden character it will be on Echoes design, but characters newly added in Echoes can't be chosen).

Who's your choice?
Celica, easily. She and Alm are some of my favorites now and I want them both in, but if I had to choose between the two I'd go with her due to her incredible potential.

Her moveset would revolve around magic, mostly. Her playstyle would essentially be what Pichu's should have been. Her smashes and three of her specials all utilize spells, and are all chargeable. However, the longer you charge them, the more recoil damage she will take. However, these moves are among the most powerful in the game when fully charged.

I'm actually in the midst of creating full movesets for her and Alm, as well as finishing my revised Chrom moveset, but for now I can say her specials would be Fire (when fully charged it becomes Ragnarok) for neutral, Seraphim for side, Excalibur for up, and Mila's Turnwheel for down, and that her Final Smash is Ragnarok Ω.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Who's your choice?
Clair for sure.

Don't know how she would be incorporated but she would definitely be unique and it's more Clair which can't be a bad thing.

Argh, so from the looks of it, Tekken 7's single player modes are a little gimped.

Arcade Mode is only 5 fights, and for the first time in the series, there are no character endings. Story Mode is getting blasted because it's short and the story itself accomplishes nothing and leaves a lot of plot threads hanging despite being the "end of the Mishima saga"

...Well my hype has gone down considerably.

Does it at least have good mini-games and side modes?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According to Nintendo, the most used character in the ARMS Global Testpunch was Ninjara & Min Min second.

For me, Mechanica was most & Min Min was second.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Aight, but is the game itself fun? I'm not going to die because a fighting game's single player is lackluster.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Who's your choice?
*has only played Fates and Echoes*
Welp, I guess I would pick Boey or Lukas

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Who's your choice?
Can I only pick one? I could list off several, like Celica, Sigurd, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah, any of the pegasus knights (probably Catria, if I were choosing), Reinhardt thanks to his newfound infamy from Heroes, and so on. And all of those would bring something unique in their own way, too (we don't have anyone who uses an axe or lance, or who is purely magic-focused, or has a mount). Seriously, six FE characters isn't enough to cover everything the series has to offer. We need even more. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Found the details for Killer Instinct's Eagle at the official forums:
  • Releases in June
  • Plan to show more at CEO in June
  • Has a Retro Costume
    • Retro Costume is not his design from the 90's comics
  • Like the character Thunder, Microsoft teamed up with the Naz Perce tribe while creating Eagle
    • Details on that at a later time
  • No Ultimate
  • Gold costume planned
Looking forward to seeing him

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What kind of place do you two live in exactly?
Marionette Park. It's where most of the higher middle class Chicagoans go in the south. There's a far bigger white population where I am.

Azure however lives in Calumet Park, which is at least 25 blocks away.

Chrono.

I originally read the question as picking a pre-Awakening character to reappear for Fire Emblem Switch in a similar way to Awakening characters returning in Fates, but then I noticed it is referring to Smash Switch. Dang it. I was going to pick Forde for the former topic.

For Smash Switch, probably Hector. Haven't played Blazing Sword, but I do like what I've seen of him in Heroes, and it'd be pretty cool to have an Axe user in Smash.

Shame to hear that's what becomes of Tekken 7's story. Gotta look up the Tekken 7 story and see what it has become, but it sounds like it rivals Street Fighter 5's level of poor story-telling.

And there's "To be continued" at the end? What the heck happened? Did they kill Kazumi and then the devil part of her escaped and found a new soul or something?
Don't know the full details but Kazuya gets a new Devil form at the end of the story and Heihachi dies. The "to be continued" wasn't literal but the story definitely sets itself for some sort of continuation.
Clair for sure.

Don't know how she would be incorporated but she would definitely be unique and it's more Clair which can't be a bad thing.

...Well my hype has gone down considerably.

Does it at least have good mini-games and side modes?
It's got Treasure Battle, which is essentially this game's Survival Mode and it's mostly for grinding customization options and what not. Then there's Character Episodes, which are just one fight and then an ending.
Aight, but is the game itself fun? I'm not going to die because a fighting game's single player is lackluster.
I haven't heard any complaints from the gameplay itself so that seems to be good.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm gonna being

Who's your choice?
Gheb.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm curious how this would work
I'm still working out the specifics, as far as what would be too broken, but the general idea is a once-per-stock reset button, but with very specific uses. Basically when activated, all players would go back to where they were five seconds prior. This can only be activated when Celica is firmly on the ground, however, and can't be used while during hit stun. This is to avoid kill stalling too much.

Basically it's a fail safe in case Celica misses Ragnarok or something and takes heavy damage as a result. It gives her a once per stock do-over. Alternatively, if altering everyone's positions is an issue, it could just reset her and her opponent's percentage to how it was a short while prior. If that's the case, it's far less potentially broken as well.

But yeah, basically a fail safe on account of Celica being an extreme glass cannon, theoretically.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Who's your choice?
Eirika. Easiest pick ever.

Chrono.

Who's your choice?
Easy, Micaiah.

Full on Mage.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Who's your choice?
Lyn would be my main choice; she has potential for a unique moveset with her katana (it can't exactly function the way Marth's sword does as is) and is also the only Fire Emblem Assist Trophy in Smash. Perhaps she could get an upgrade from that position like Little Mac? On a side-note, she is the only Fire Emblem character I would be alright with being in Smash Switch.

If I had to make a second choice, it would be Hector, but only because of his axe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Day 10
Still no Mila'e Turnwheel X Bites the Dust mashup
Losing hope

Who's your choice?
Hector, duh
Up-B is the Axecopter
it's more Clair which can't be a bad thing.
I like the way you think

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now I'm just asking questions. What the hell could have happened to the point you can't leave and everything? I'm worried for you as I'm starting to think Aussie's neighbourhood is a goddamn cult
I'm all right. No cuffs or anything. Just surrender and walked back like they've asked. At least I know when there's nothing left to do unlike my paintball loving brother (happens to him more than twice and he doesn't give a ****).

I'm on burger and dog duty right now. Flipping had never been so fun. They're teaching me to grill more than my father would.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Who's your choice?
The answer is too obvious that it isn't funny.

Unless any of you Roy fans can figure it out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
I'm already having Vietnam flashbacks of the time I had to slowly walk outside with a wasp crawling on my shirt after it somehow got in my house. It was very scary, having to be silent and not piss it off.

I even had to ask a neighbor if it flew away after walking several outside the door.
One time during 1st grade during a school rally, a bee landed on my shirt (this was before I knew that the bees that are where I live are very passive), and I had to wait the whole rally until my teacher came over to me, brushed it with a pen, and it flew off.

If that was how it was, you would've gotten a game over since Eliwood died. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who's your choice?
I'll have to go with Lyn.

Now Fire Emblem has more characters than Pokemon and just as many as the core Mario cast.

D

Deleted member

Things not to google:
[...]
-Your own symptoms

No, seriously, do not google your own symptoms unless you've already accepted death
I've been learning these the hard way
Episode title: "Shisho googles his own symptoms"
Me: "Man, I'm not feeling good, maybe I should look up what this could be"
Google: "ur kidneys are ded lol start looking 4 a donor"
Me: "Oh"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
D

Deleted member

Episode title: "Shisho googles his own symptoms"
Me: "Man, I'm not feeling good, maybe I should look up what this could be"
Google: "ur kidneys are ded lol start looking 4 a donor"
Me: "Oh"

Wait, seriously? Are you okay?

D

Deleted member

About time they release this thing
The fact that they initially put December first and then changed to "Now" was actually pretty hype
Currently, turning my PC on to download it
Wait, seriously? Are you okay?
Yeah, I'm okay, that's why you shouldn't google your symptoms, it usually says it's some life-threatening issue when all that's really happening is a bad diet.
Or I could have a parasite inside me but I'll only know that next week and it's unlikely.

D

Deleted member

The fact that they initially put December first and then changed to "Now" was actually pretty hype
Currently, turning my PC on to download it

Yeah, I'm okay, that's why you shouldn't google your symptoms, it usually says it's some life-threatening issue when all that's really happening is a bad diet.
Or I could have a parasite inside me but I'll only know that next week and it's unlikely.

Wait, it's out now? LMFAO, this is why I should actually watch the whole thing, I legitimately thought it was coming out December.

And I'm glad you're feeling okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Umm... Alright well I... I just found a pet in Diablo 3, called Lamb.
This is a pet.

This is a pet. :4tlink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom