• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anxiety Problem

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
On a scale of one to ten, how embarrassing will it be to enter a tournament as a low skill 13 year old?

Agitato

Smash Cadet
NNID
AgitatoEX
3DS FC
1822-1384-9573
You've got nothing to worry about. Most Smashers are pretty friendly. You'll get bodied for sure, but try to learn from it and control your emotions.

Bringing along headphones or a stress ball or something might that might help calm your nerves.

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the support. A stress ball or something like that is what I'll probably use.

Btw, nice Ignatius Profile Pic.

Agitato

Smash Cadet
NNID
AgitatoEX
3DS FC
1822-1384-9573
Thanks for the support. A stress ball or something like that is what I'll probably use.

Btw, nice Ignatius Profile Pic.
Thanks! It's a nice break from everyone reminding me that he sucks/is a bottom tier child unit, haha.

V-K

Smash Ace
If you are a 13 year old, people don't expect you to be good anyway, you will probably be some kind of an underdog and people will cheer for you. You got nothing to lose, really.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
Being a low level 14 year old, it must feel just as anxious as challenging this Melee god in my after school gaming club, but I've learned that every Smasher is actually very friendly, except the salt farms.

Last edited:

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
So, the tournament I went to was actually only had 6 participants, and they were all super friendly. It was great. :D

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
RagnorokX RagnorokX

believe it or not, a few people such as PewPewU, SFAT, and a handful of my friends at the time, were all around that age bracket when just entering the tournament scene

-look where these two are at now ^

it's all in your mind if you want to be embarrassed or not. you're a person just like the rest of the individuals that attend tournaments.

accept that you're young, curious, and determined to play and i'm pretty sure you'll get noticed.

short honest tip: don't be annoying.

-enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom