• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soccer mode

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Not to be a damper, but that's what other games exist for, even though minigames are fun.
Well, it's more like if they have extra disc space (they better not, I want that thing chocked full of features and awesomeness) then sure. . . but I hope not.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
would i play it? yeah
would i play it often? no.
It could be interesting just to mix it up though

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Actually, that would be pretty cool. It probably wouldn't be easy to do though, since you would need completely new maps custom-built for that mode.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Spice up the Online waiting room with something like this. It'd be cool if yer opponents could be in the waiting room with you,
beating up a sandbag or a soccerball. Ya know show off your skills and combos.

Kati

Smash Lord
It's not like Brawl used its disc space efficiently what with all the full versions of Oot, Super Metroid, F-zero, Starfox 64... restricted by time and no save slots.

Soccer mode would actually be worthwhile as opposed to coin launcher or fixed camera mode.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
How much memory did OOT take?
IGN had Brawl listed in like top 5 memory using games on wii, with like 4GB or sumthin. Its amazing how much they can make with 2 GB!
The XBOX Games used like 5 to 8.
It probly only took up like 200 megabytes.

Anyway back on topic. As soccer is known worldwide, if any new minigames were to make it into smash bros, soccer would be the choice.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
It's not like Brawl used its disc space efficiently what with all the full versions of Oot, Super Metroid, F-zero, Starfox 64... restricted by time and no save slots.
I personally don't like those. I don't know if they are teasers or fillers, but I don't like those anyway.
I would prefer COMPLETE 8-bit games rather than uncomplete 16 or 64 bit games.
Sometimes Nintendo really disappoints me :(

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
How much memory did OOT take?
IGN had Brawl listed in like top 5 memory using games on wii, with like 4GB or sumthin. Its amazing how much they can make with 2 GB!
The XBOX Games used like 5 to 8.
It probly only took up like 200 megabytes.

Anyway back on topic. As soccer is known worldwide, if any new minigames were to make it into smash bros, soccer would be the choice.
OoT took about 50 MB on the disc.

Really, if you want to save space, cutting music(1 whole GB in Brawl) is the way to go. Or compress it better.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Super Soccer Bros. Strikers? Take all of my money!~

But as a minigame? Eh... It just sounds too off-topic of what Brawl mini-games are. But what would be awesome? A marathon race-Race to teh Finish.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Super Soccer Bros. Strikers? Take all of my money!~

But as a minigame? Eh... It just sounds too off-topic of what Brawl mini-games are. But what would be awesome? A marathon race-Race to teh Finish.
Yeah! I have thought of that too. It could work as in Micromachines. Camera is focused on the head challenger and who fell off the screen is eliminated.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
A multiplayer race to the finish? But then Sonic would always win. I think multiplayer in mini games would work better with soccer or break the targets.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I like the idea of like a sports minigame like soccor or basketball, but I feel it would eat up alot of space/data, I remember mecoming up with like a Mario Party/ Mario Kart minigame for Smash Bros. where you could use all the characters in that type or style or game

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It could be a bonus game (like Target test) where you have to knock the soccer ball into goals for points.

umegames

Smash Cadet
I say they can get rid of the homerun contest, even though its fun, it doesn't really need to return a 3rd time.
a soccer-esque or even a "beat up the car" like game would be welcomed.
Board the platforms would be nice too

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Beat the car? Like this?

Uhmmm... Not such a bad idea, but with Mario Kart old vehicles!

Top Bottom