• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
lols now that i think about it i have like no accomplishments.

Won me a festizzios with no losses w/ wes being the only person ranked higher than me there.
Beaten Stab.(2GG)

Losses:
Westballz (SiTB)
LuCKy (2GG)
Kira(2GG)
Stab (SiTB with johns tho)

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
you guys should take me off the rankings. i wasn't in so-cal since the last update (except for stab's grev12), so i'll just try to get ranked in nor-cal instead with my proud record lol

i recommend tafokints to be on the rankings though

baka4moé

Smash Champion
baka for top 20! :) At least near the bottom yeah? Shameless self-promotion here, sorry for the long post:

Um, the only people i beat (this ranking period) that are on the pr right now are Hyprid(festizzios) and Lucky(2GG).

If we're also talking about decent unranked people, I've beaten Peligro!(festizzios) and Emerican(festizzios), and Sung twice(festizzios).

I feel that out of the prospective new/upcoming players, I am the most active (not sure if that matters) and consistent (placing close to/right under the top players; in some tournies I have even placed the same or higher as the current top 11-20) in each tourney I attend, especially more recently. And, when I play the top players, I can usually hold my own relatively well, i.e. not get completely destroyed. (Like, when I played wes or stab for instance, my losses were 1 stocks, and I take games off them)

Oh, and not sure if doubles even matters, but if it does I think I've done pretty well there too, even had a few upsets; I can list who I've teamed with/who we beat if that is relevant. Thanks for listening! :)

DJMirror

Smash Master
I can't wait for the drama the new PR is going to start up. I pretty much just want to see the salt thrown around when the bottom half is "completely wrong" and "clearly biased". It's gonna be great.

<insert michael jackson eating popcorn gif here>

- kira

Jun.

Smash Lord
Several SD no names were there on Saturday, pretty sure this didn't happen.
You just equated me, G&T and Jack of Blades (3 players) to an entire region... Lanstar didn't enter singles.

Also I 2-0'ed Baka in a $5 MM. He could have been sandbagging. In that case let's MM more.

One tournament in Long Beach is not sufficient in determining your statement to be true especially regarding a Smash region that is notoriously known for not traveling.

hence the title, no-name.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
You just equated me, G&T and Jack of Blades (3 players) to an entire region... Lanstar and Bone didn't enter singles.

Also I 2-0'ed Baka in a $5 MM. He could have been sandbagging. In that case let's MM more.

One tournament in Long Beach is not sufficient in determining your statement to be true especially regarding a Smash region that is notoriously known for not traveling.

Bone did enter singles, check the results.

I can't wait until SD no names **** the entire bottom half of the mighty SoCal PR. This is a fact.
LOL, "This is a fact."

Lovage

Smash Hero
But not SoCal PR.
and whos fault is that

You just equated me, G&T and Jack of Blades (3 players) to an entire region... Lanstar didn't enter singles.

prove it in tourny n00bs

Jun.

Smash Lord
Is something I'm saying not making sense?

- SD doesn't get ranked cause we don't travel
- Sunny (Sunny) & Jesse (WASTE) have performed well in enough recent tournies to be contenders imo
- I beat you in a $5 MM at 2GG. Fox vs Peach, 1st match DL 2nd match FoD on TV 4

DJMirror

Smash Master
MRS

get the **** out of this thread because you're not "socal"

****ing cen cal

/trolling

MacD

Banned via Administration
jason... didn't we have a talk a while ago about not posting stupid **** like that?

- Sunny (Sunny) & Jesse (WASTE) have performed well in enough recent tournies to be contenders imo
they are 100% contenders

it'd be cool to finally see SD on the PR again after years

baka4moé

Smash Champion
=/ my post wasnt about any mm, my post was about you going out of your way to rep sd so hard, even more so than the players you're talking about themselves are repping sd, and then say "oh but we're not complaining". am i the only one that sees something inconsistent here?

Jun.

Smash Lord
Yeah I can see how me backing my SD guys can be seen as complaining. But I really would not go as far to say that we are complaining. The two guys that I'm supporting haven't even posted their accomplishments yet.

I'm just trying to represent a region that is scarcely represented here on the boards.

Top Bottom