• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
LifeRuiner: Can you still pay for the seat reservation for me? That would help! I'll pay you extra!

Oats: Can we pay you in person at a tourny? How much would it be for everything?
Yes, I can. Call me or text me about it.

323-244-6789

Atlus8

Smash Master
Yes, I can. Call me or text me about it.

323-244-6789
AIM son! dragonteeth88

Oats: Any idea on the price for the full package?Also, on the second form that we fill out it says 'The First Name and Last Name you provide here should match the one you use for purchasing information.' Should the people using the credit card place their own name/phone/e-mail for the others they are paying for?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
@ Vyse: I wanted the payment link to be on the second page so everyone can read what is going on before paying.
You should REALLY put the link on the first page imo. Just in case if there are people who are on the "yes" list don't know that the link is up. I doubt anyone's dumb enough to purchase a ticket without completely understanding what is going on, if that is what you're worried about.

And just to be sure, edit your first post and tell everyone who's interested to continue reading the thread before purchasing. I think it will makes things much easier.

Just my two cents.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
@ lolXD person that lives in San Diego: Yes, you can pay me in person.

@ Atlus: Input the name of the person that bought your ticket in paranthesis and just input your name.

@ Kouryuu: Sounds like a good idea, I'll work on the site later on this evening (and my concern is uninformed people)

@ Everyone Else: Post questions, suggestions here or e-mail me.

About Pricing Details: Full Package Details will be available tomorrow.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Oats, i can be responsible for taking money orders from those in my area, and getting them to you VIA Havok

but now that i think about it, you wouldn't get it til about monday, if i see him this weekend

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Oats, i can be responsible for taking money orders from those in my area, and getting them to you VIA Havok

but now that i think about it, you wouldn't get it til about monday, if i see him this weekend
We'll talk mike, once I get start changing around threads and webpages.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Sorry for all the double posts, but this deserves a bump (and can a mod sticky this too, please?)

CHECK OUT THE FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My payment has been made.

Thanks for organizing this Oats, much appreciation

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Maybe Kyle's place in Downtown LA first night, then Connor's place in OC (makes getting drunk in Disneyland on July 4 easier) and Havok's place in CV later on. I'll get more specific later

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE [/Farnsworth]

Ok, so I finally have all the final prices and everything sorted out. I used a very conservative thought process while working this whole thing out, so bare with me. I'm also trying to be as transparent as possible with these numbers so you can all clearly see where your money is going and show you all that I'm a trustworthy person. JUST READ THE WHOLE GOD**** POST and everything should make sense.

Current Prices
(All values in parans. are under optimal assumptions)

Price Per Person to Ride the Bus: $89 with 50 people ($80 with our current list)
Price Per Person for Hotel Stay: $67 with 40 people ($59 with our current list)

Total Package Price: $156 ($139)

Summary

Well, it's a little bit more than I was originally quoted, and I know it's kind of a shock, but again I'm providing two numbers. One is a conservative guess that you'll have to be prepared to pay for until the last couple weeks leading into Genesis. The other is a very realistic and very possible price we can pay under optimal conditions. What's the difference? 5 people. That's right. 5 people. You can pay almost $17 less if 5 more people secure this trip and decide to go. Let's look over the benefits of going again, shall we?

- Bus Full of People that Share your Love of Competitive Gaming from AROUND THE WORLD
- Complete Travel from your region, to the hotel, to the venue, to the hotel again, and back to your region
- Hotel Guarantees?:
+ Complimentary Continental Breakfast (YOU GET TO EAT FOR FREE EVERY MORNING BEFORE A HUGE TOURNAMENT)
+ Pool / Spa Use
+ TV
+ Fridge Access
+ Warm Room, and WARM SHOWERS (if you're housing with someone, they can't always guarantee you that)
+ Hotel partying with a bunch of Smashers
That looks like a pretty **** list. Like, a really, really, really, **** list of benefits. It's a weekend vacation + trip + tournament ride for only ~$150 dollars. In the real world, that sort of travel is unprecedented. But again, I know it's a ~$150, and I'm working on ways to make it cheaper.

Making it Cheaper

Chula Vista 30: The Fun-raiser
Over here in San Diego, we're hosting a tournament to fundraise for the bus. Most of the money from the tournament will go towards the total cost of the bus, and will hopefully lower the price by a few dollars for everyone.

Friday Night Tour of San Francisco
I'm working with the bus driver and charter bus company to plan something special for the 18+ crowd. The bus arrives in NorCal on Thursday, early pools runs on Friday, and later on in the evening (hopefully when pools die down), we'll be doing a big Friday Night Bus Tour of San Francisco. We'll stop at the sights, restaurants, clubs, shops, what-have-you, and we'll get back to the Hotel at around 2am. This will be OPEN TO ANYONE, even if you didn't buy a bus seat on the way up to NorCal. Though, ANYONE THAT DID NOT GET A HOTEL PACKAGE will be charged $5. All proceeds go back to the original price of renting the bus.

Selling Off Extra Rooms
Originally I planned for 50 people to have room and stay at the Ramada with us, and I reserve 9 rooms, but if we do end up with only 40 people, I can sell off the remaining 2 rooms to anyone else that wants it. And these rooms can either be two-beds, executive-type rooms, suites, etc. And I can get them FOR CHEAP. I'm talking like, Oats-must-be-****ing-and-sucking-the-hot-female-manager-these-are-way-way-way-too cheap. SO, IF ANY OF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WANTS A HOTEL ROOM OR STAY IN A HOTEL ROOM FOR GENESIS AND GET ALL THE HOTEL BONUSES I MENTIONED ABOVE + MORE, CONTACT ME. Or if you bus goers want your own room? Contact me!

Sponsorship
I'm looking into sponsorships, but can't find too much. I want to have some kind of bake sale or candy sale or something dumb like that, but we'll have to wait and see.

What You Can Do
There are tons of things you can do personally as an individual to raise money for this trip. Ask your friends and family members to donate $1 towards your trip, and SAVE IT for Genesis. Say you're traveling and that you want to compete, early birthday, what have you. Ask for donations from your work place or anything like that. I'm dead serious, anyone can raise an easy $20 just by asking for it, or by doing a bunch of things that are so simple, it's ridiculous. All you need is a just cause, and I'm pretty sure a trip to NorCal will get anyone excited.

Most importantly, get on each other's ***** about this trip. It's only cheap if we work together, and if you noticed someone hasn't paid, tell them to get their **** together and get on it, or help them pay by offering your credit card and having them pay you back. This is a community bus for a community, so act like a community.

Contact Info
Here it is

Smashboards Account: Cheeri-Oats
All is Brawl Account: Oats
E-mail: sdsmash@gmail.com

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
sorry for the double post; but I should have added that for the $5 on the tour of SF, you'd pay it in person. First come first serve type o' deal.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Oats, I would like to shake your hand on organizing this shiz, without it, I would NOT be coming to genesis.
/me gets off Oats's ****
Oh yeah, I'm gonna pay soon.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
lol, you people swear like it's hard. ;) Besides I already got someone to ride my **** *calls Ramada Inn*

oh, yeah I wanted to ask, I can design shirts for the bus... who wants shirts? LOL.

Read it all, though, please.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Chula Vista 30: The Fun-raiser
Over here in San Diego, we're hosting a tournament to fundraise for the bus. Most of the money from the tournament will go towards the total cost of the bus, and will hopefully lower the price by a few dollars for everyone.

You should only apply the money earned to people who attend, and those out of country/out of state. I don't think it's fair that people who aren't doing anything to help are going to receive freebies.

but then again i'm selfish i guess.

slickerish

Smash Rookie
Hey mike haze are you still doing money orders
cause I live near glendale and it would be easier for me if i didn't have to get credit card.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
@ mikeHAZE: no? because not everyone can make the tournament and that'd be unfair to those that can't. I'll reward the people that helped, don't worry about that.

@ Lovage: If someone drops you can get on the list.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm interested if there are any drops also

edit - if it happens, put me as Rei

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the wheel's on the bus go round and round,
up and down
tech the ground...

the wheel's on the bus go round and round
all the WAY TO ****ING GENESIS, FALCON YESSSSSSSSS!!!

lol dont mind me I'm just getting pumped for this.

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
Tis Hoffman. Oats, if there are any spots still open, please sign me up. I can pay via PP, I'm 100% on this. Thanks!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
UPDATESIES!

For those of you that DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD!!!!! LOOK AT MAYBE PURCHASING A VISA GIFT CARD!!!

Information Here: http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html

These Are The People on The Current 'Yes' List That Have Not Paid

Remember, your spots are reserved until tomorrow, then you could possibly lose them (I have people already ready to pay in full and get on that bus)

Bigfoot
Stauffy
Rej
Hall
Bone
Shaya
Razmakazi
raincatchfire
dao
ZxChrono
IkeTakeda
Zack
DEHF
Cutie
Okinawa
Synth
Synth's Girlfriend
Vato_Break
Doraki
Diddy_Knight
c0nn0r
Enigma
Jebus
A_Rookie
Razzle
Kouryuu
Futile
Marthpwnzer
Porc
Qlex
HugS
Romeo
Gabe
Mang0
mikeHAZE
Nike 20
Neal
Champ
Mario lolXD

If you can't pay because of a credit card issue, just get a visa gift card or use someone else's credit card and be sure to include their name and yours on the information form. I know who you are if you've talked to me about money stuff.

DEADLINE IS TOMORROW FOR YOU PEOPLE, THEN YOU MAY LOSE YOUR SEAT. PRICE ALSO GOES UP $10. :O

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hey Oats, I think LifeRuiner payed for me but I'm not sure. if anything, I'll just get a visa gift card then.

Top Bottom