• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So who in here is LA?
I wanna smash with peeps for the week before Genesis.

Do tournaments happen on week days?
It's America so it should right? (LMAO)

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
So who in here is LA?
I wanna smash with peeps for the week before Genesis.

Do tournaments happen on week days?
It's America so it should right? (LMAO)
I don't know if you are trying to make fun of americans, but sadly we dont put tourneys on weekdays (most of the time).

@Atlus - I'm brining a 13 inch tv so no worries. And I think DBR already confirmed the TVs are ok...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have this vision where America has smash tournaments every day.
Or at least I remember Cao telling me of a time where he could go to a tournament 6 days a week.

If there's gonna be like a tournament during the week or a smashfest or anything, I'd love to get in on some of the action is all :)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I think only the 805 people have like smashfests on weekdays lol

if only though

where in LA are you going to be?

Charoo

Smash Champion
is caotic going to ride the bus too?

this sounds really cool but i think I'm going with Neal probably

sometime I wish I can check allisbrawl haha. Oh well

Slhoka

Smash Lord
If that's possible, I'd be interested in this trip coming but only to come back from Genesis.
We'd actually be 3 (Qlex, porc and I), and we are coming from France. We're likely to arrive in the US in Norcal, but we'd want to visit SoCal as well, and therefore, the bus would be a good way for us to travel.
However, I can understand if it's not possible since if we're only here for one way of the trip.

(Oh and BTW, would someone like to house us ? If you're interested, find more about us here, and contact me !

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hey!

So, I'm a little behind on the amount of people going on this thing, and at this rate, I'm most likely going to cancel. So here's an assignment for everyone: If you know someone that would most likely go on this, then PLEASE, get them to go, convince, have them sign, tell me to sign them up. Look at the list. Check if there are any names missing. Etc.

I'll continue with the plan if I get at least 10 more yesses, but if not, then I'll think of doing something else maybe with a smaller bus and I'll have to be a little more selective. Unfortunately, that is the way it is.

So, by WEDNESDAY. 12 pm (afternoon) I want to see 10 more yesses. If not, pullin' the plug. I'm not dealing with flakes or backer-outers. Sorry, but I'd like to stay professional and on-time.

Love,
Oats

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Well, perhaps you can offer an option for people to just do the bus and not the hotel? Because I need a ride, but I already have (free) housing so I don't want to pay 145 bucks just to go there and back.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
is caotic going to ride the bus too?

this sounds really cool but i think I'm going with Neal probably

sometime I wish I can check allisbrawl haha. Oh well
I would go, but I don't need to pay for a hotel room. If I could just pay for the bus rides only then I'd take it!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hey All,

Tomorrow is the deadline for at least 8 more yesses to hop on the SoCal bus. Here are a couple bits of information to remind you why you should do it!

- Ride up to the biggest Smash Tournament EVER with people that share your love of the game(s)
- No worry about cars/housing
- Return trip, SLEEP ON THE BUS BACK!
- TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF YOUR REGION!
- You can bring guests! people that don't even play smash but you know would have fun hanging out with you? That's perfectly fine!

All of the above, for around $145.

Now, here is another cool thing I've been thinking up. Originally the idea was for JUST THE BUS but after some concerns, I decided to toss in the Hotel Room bonus special (these rooms are at reduced price!) in for those of you that have no idea how you're going to do housing. Well, after some people mentioned that they would definitely go if they didn't have to pay for a hotel room because they already have housing, well... why exclude them completely?

I'm reserving 10 SPOTS for anyone that already has or will find housing for Genesis so that all they have to pay for IS JUST THE BUS RIDE! I'll provide pricing details later. Tell your friends if they have family up-north. Convince them to go! Anything! This will be epic and I want everyone to have a blast.

Love,
Oats

IF you want to do the BUS RIDE ONLY, then post here "BUS RIDE ONLY, YES/INTERESTED." Priority goes to yesses.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
**** ****ing Straight Havok! <3 Count me in!! ~ BUS ONLY

The French should be aiight with this idea too

Bone, Connor, HugS, Typh - you guys in too!? Fuggin rapeeeeeee

Oh Huggies, I still have your Thom Yorke CD from the last trip I went to NorCal with ya. 3 years late I know.

SD OG crew shotguns the back row since we're the ballinest hahahaha <33333

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hey All,

Tomorrow is the deadline for at least 8 more yesses to hop on the SoCal bus. Here are a couple bits of information to remind you why you should do it!

- Ride up to the biggest Smash Tournament EVER with people that share your love of the game(s)
- No worry about cars/housing
- Return trip, SLEEP ON THE BUS BACK!
- TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF YOUR REGION!
- You can bring guests! people that don't even play smash but you know would have fun hanging out with you? That's perfectly fine!

All of the above, for around $145.

Now, here is another cool thing I've been thinking up. Originally the idea was for JUST THE BUS but after some concerns, I decided to toss in the Hotel Room bonus special (these rooms are at reduced price!) in for those of you that have no idea how you're going to do housing. Well, after some people mentioned that they would definitely go if they didn't have to pay for a hotel room because they already have housing, well... why exclude them completely?

I'm reserving 10 SPOTS for anyone that already has or will find housing for Genesis so that all they have to pay for IS JUST THE BUS RIDE! I'll provide pricing details later. Tell your friends if they have family up-north. Convince them to go! Anything! This will be epic and I want everyone to have a blast.

Love,
Oats

IF you want to do the BUS RIDE ONLY, then post here "BUS RIDE ONLY, YES/INTERESTED." Priority goes to yesses.
How much is it with bus only?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Well Put me down as bus ride only.

Also, add Romeo, Gabe, and Mango to the same list.

Though, I do not expect to pay more than 70 for this, as I said in my earlier post somewhere. So we'll see how it turns up.

And LOOL Caotic, so you had my CD? I thought I lost it and bought another one. You can keep it buddy.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OMFG Romeo and Gabe...

this **** just got f-ing OLDSKOOL <33333

... and yeah RT bus trip shouldn't be more than $100, you can fly return for that price!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How did I not know about the smashboards version of this topic!

Brownies, vodka, back of the bus dissing on the front and middle of the bus, all the fun in the world.

Top Bottom