• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
For Melee People that are getting on this Bus:

If we can provide a venue this weekend for a Melee tournament in Chula Vista, would someone be willing to help host it? We can probably toss in a free seat on the bus as the main prize. It'd be short notice and on this weekend, but we want to fundraise for the Bus hardcore to make it cheap for everyone, and I'd like for the SoCal Melee Community to see how cool Smash <3iego is with both games and people.

Lovage

Smash Hero
hmmm. i can't say how many people would go, because CV is pretty far, but you'd probably get Pnoy, boss, maple etc to show up, and get a good turnout. if i had a ride i would go. as for hosting, most people in the melee community are familiar with how to host a tournament, so any of us could do it if you needed us

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
LOL @ raincatchfire. I thought it'd be interesting if we did something non-smash related, especially when there would be one set-up, and I don't feel like watching all the scrubs play when waiting for decent matches.

Poker; DS/PSP games; anything, I dun care. And we might be playing movies or having friendlies on the bus tv, etc but it'd be a ***** when everyone would want a turn.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Save smash for when we get to the hotel imo

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
More people need to buy tickets; at least 12 more. The more people that buy tickets the cheaper it is for the whole group. Fundraising can not lower the price completely. I don't know what people are waiting for. Do I have to start coming after some *****es?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Australia Vs USA Crew Battle on tha Bus!!!
Though most of the aussies can only play Brawl :( (Read: Stand a chance in Brawl)

Draft Crew Battle on tha Bus!!!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
NO YELLING ON THE BUS, oh that was a great movie

vyse just because we suck at melee, doesnt mean melee crews on the bus wouldnt be awesome.
ok well the Americans would probably get bored real quick but we'd have fun!

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Cheeri, could you add me, Rebaz, Armada and Aniolas for the Hotel and for the bus taking us from the hotel to genesis and genesis to hotel. And if possible, add me and Rebaz forthe bus trip, but only for the way back. we want to get out at LA ^^

Kira-

Smash Champion
Money match me if you're not from Socal (Melee)

I just signed up and did the first payment. Hopefully the second won't be too much lol

How many Melee setups will there be on the bus? If this is even possible

Gonna be sooo ****, I'm stoked!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Wait, is the bus more expensive if you pay after June 19th, or do you just put down more money?

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
Cheeri, could you add me, Rebaz, Armada and Aniolas for the Hotel and for the bus taking us from the hotel to genesis and genesis to hotel. And if possible, add me and Rebaz forthe bus trip, but only for the way back. we want to get out at LA ^^
dude, i know you dont know me but can i room with you guys? i really want to room with some melee ppl and it would be really cool to meet some from out of the country :D

Kira-

Smash Champion
For Melee People that are getting on this Bus:

If we can provide a venue this weekend for a Melee tournament in Chula Vista, would someone be willing to help host it? We can probably toss in a free seat on the bus as the main prize. It'd be short notice and on this weekend, but we want to fundraise for the Bus hardcore to make it cheap for everyone, and I'd like for the SoCal Melee Community to see how cool Smash <3iego is with both games and people.
If you host it, people will come.

I would, at least.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Tee ay eye:

The price now for reserving a seat on the bus is $40. The price change was to encourage people to buy early. But there are still empty seats if you want in. I think you should try and convince most of Arizona to hop in on this.

@ Kira: I don't think it's going to happen; Like, if I hosted it, it'd be whack, and I don't want to host whack anything.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Lovage, why arent you staying at the hotel?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It says you and kira are not in the first post o_O

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
my mistake. Sorry Lovage, but you didn't check the "Hotel" box.

UPDATE:

We are 7 people away from reaching my conservative estimate on people buying a seat on the bus. 12 people away from completely filling up the bus. Looking over the 'yes' list previously there are still some people on that list that have not bought their ticket. Those people are...

Rej
Bone
dao
ZxChrono
IkeTakeda
Zack
DEHF
Cutie
Synth
Synth's Girlfriend
Enigma
Jebus
Marthpwnzer
HugS
Romeo
Gabe
Mang0

If you are one of these people, I'd like to remind you that your spots are not guaranteed and that anyone can come in and buy their seat on the bus. That's 17-18 names, and there are only 12 seats left on the bus. If I were you guys, I'd buy your seat reservations immediately. And if I'm holding a seat for you because you promised to pay me when you can, but you better find a way to pay me ASAP or I will open up your seats.

Next week we finalize payments; this Saturday is our fundraiser; and I'm pretty sure prices all around are going to drop.

If you are someone that wants a hotel room, contact me MONDAY MORNING. I'll have final estimates for you available then.

That is all.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Just wanted to remind you that Hot Kaarl and Haggs from AiB still need a hotel room, I don't know if they check AiB and Smashboards as much as I do, but they definetly want to stay in the hotel.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
How many screens are on the bus?

Wait, there's going to be smashing on the bus, right?

I dunno, I didn't really read the thread at all.

Also, is the Ramada the bus taking us to the same Ramada that DBR has deals with?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
How many screens are on the bus?

Wait, there's going to be smashing on the bus, right?

I dunno, I didn't really read the thread at all.

Also, is the Ramada the bus taking us to the same Ramada that DBR has deals with?
Dude, an on bus tournament that isn't related to smash?

Come on!
LOL @ raincatchfire. I thought it'd be interesting if we did something non-smash related, especially when there would be one set-up, and I don't feel like watching all the scrubs play when waiting for decent matches.

Poker; DS/PSP games; anything, I dun care. And we might be playing movies or having friendlies on the bus tv, etc but it'd be a ***** when everyone would want a turn.
these are recent posts...

HugS™

Smash Lord
Oats, we would have bought ours long ago, but ***** *** Mango has been MIA for like 2 weeks. I guess romeo, gabe, and I will buy them without him at some point tomorrow.

Top Bottom