• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Genesis Bus! (Done! I Hope You All Had Fun!)

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
hey i made the first payment and filled out the form, but it hasnt shown up on the spreadsheet yet?

also, i need some ppl who play melee to room with!!

oh yeah any chance of tvs on the bus?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Surprised alot more people havent paid. This is a really good deal, don't know why people would pass it up.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm driving up to NorCal, Oats, along with Champ and Jmex. Sorry if I gave you the impression I would be taking the bus.

Can you pwease answer my email?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You should PM all of them and remind them (You can do like, 10 at a time).
I'll remind the aussies that haven't.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Surprised alot more people havent paid. This is a really good deal, don't know why people would pass it up.
I think the majority doesn't have a credit card. Also, I'm pretty sure people just want to lag it because they want to find another ride quick before they truly commit to this! I'm sure the list is gonna fill up over the next two weeks!

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
ehh.. Ryan(Futile) says he'll pay for both of us tomorrow.

Procrastination ftw

Edit: The link that we are suppose to use to buy our tickets isn't working.. ?

Race

Smash Lord
wtf Oats, I need to know if LifeRuiner paid for me or not. get back to me asap.

-Connor

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
connor, i'll be riding with oats this weekend somewhere, so he probably won't be on swf, though ask race to give you my number or IM me on my AIM, i'll be mobile and can answer it probably

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I just realized that it would cost me like 40 bucks to attempt to go to a fundraiser tournament without having a ride. So...yeah...I'd rather use 40 bucks to pay for the bus. :p

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
hi i payed for the bus thing. and i was on the Yes list but my name was spelt 13o0k3r, but my names ment to be spelt (and when i filled out the form) spelt it l3oOkeR. is that going to be a problem?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yes, because so many people have a similar name to that.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Ok; Thank you to those that paid on time. That's really awesome of you.

There are around ~20+ seats left. These can be seat-only if you just want to ride the bus, etc. Seat reservations from this day on will now be $40. If you do not want a hotel room, and want to do Seat-Only, that is fine.

Then next week we'll start the next payment deadline, so for those of you that have already paid, you're safe for two weeks. In these two weeks San Diego is going to hopefully fundraise $200+ to lower the prices down around $5-8 dollars across the board.

Havok told me that people were wondering what's so good about the bus. And there were even some pre-conceived notions about what the bus will be like that were absolutely wrong. I can tell you now, it's going to be an experience much akin to a party bus, and I'm going to try to have an on-bus tournament (may or may not be Smash related), and we'll be blasting music and doing naughty things all along the way. 8+ hours of hilarity and fun. You really don't know what you'll be missing out on if you don't go.

I'll update everything hopefully by tonight, but we'll see as I have to catch up on a lot of things too.

<3,
Oats.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll pay once everything gets updated tonight <3

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Sorry, I'm not understanding everything here. Just to clarify:

Are you saying there are currently 20 seats that are now open? And does that mean there are equal amount of spots open for the hotel room left? If so, I would like to reserve one. Secondy, now that the 1st payment date's passed, you said $40 now for a bus seat only? How much do I need to pay at the moment for both? And lastly, you mentioned paying with a bank account; do I need to pm/IM you for the account number/details? Sorry if any of this has been clarified already. Had a hard timing making sense of all the replies.

Thanks in advance...

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'll send you a message over AIM, when your on sometime tommorow, Oats. I thought I was interested list, but I guess not. =O I'll hopefully pay after I talk with ya.

^_^

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
So here it is, week 2 of the payment plan and the bus is coming together swimmingly.

Basically, bus seats are now available to ANYONE. You can reserve these bus seats for $40. Then, next week the second payment for the bus will collected (around $45). And hopefully that week we'll collect all the money for the hotel rooms for people that wanted those too. We're also hosting our fun-raising tournament this coming week, and hopefully with that the total price of the BUS will lower. I'll keep you posted on how much we made hopefully as soon as the event is over. Start thinking about who you want to group with. And I also updated the List of People That Are Going. Check it out. Also, if you want to go with a specific group of people, remember that the hotel rooms can accomodate 4-6 people. Start thinking of groups and contacting people that are going. Also, CONVINCE YOUR FRIENDS!

So, for those of you that want a quick summary of what all this means:

- Bus Seat Reservations are now $40.
- There are only 19 seats remaining and people are taking them up QUICK.
- The week after will be the final deadline for the Bus (price will vary according to fundraisers and the amount of people that purchased their ticket. I can guarantee that it will go down though.)
- The week after will also be the final deadline for the Hotel Rooms.
- If you do not want to get a hotel room, you can do bus only, just reserve your ticket, and under the Rider Information Form, do not check the "Hotel" box.
- If you do not want to get on the bus, but want a hotel room for cheaper than Genesis Price, please contact me.

So here are the links:

Bus Payment
Rider Information Form
List of People That Are Going

Contact Me:
E-mail: sdsmash@gmail.com
Smashboards: Cheeri-Oats
All is Brawl: Professor Oats

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
oh. my. god.

Atlus, Kouryuu, Futile, Lovage, Kira, and me all in one hotel room? no homo :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
this bus is a successful idea because I'm organizing it. :)

Sorry, that was too cocky; I just want everyone to have fun and talk lots of ****.

Lovage

Smash Hero
me and atlus are sharing a bed
just like pats house
ahhh ****

JK **** you atlus you can sleep on the floor

Top Bottom