• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So........?

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
CTP3 saw Raito take Duck Hunt to grand finals in a last game situation against a character generally considered to just be a better version of him. From my questioning before the tournament, a lot of you guys seemed to have little to no faith in Duck Hunt. When I asked for tips, the only responses were "press L+R+A+Start". Granted, this was a couple of months back. But I digress, did Raito's placement at Come To Papa raise your opinion of the character at all?

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
No, Raito just knows how to use the character effectively against the pro players. No one else will ever be able to replicate his success with DH; he's been playing the character ever since his introduction into SSB4, and knows exactly what to do against every single character. The character's still an abysmal excuse for a competitive character and should never even be considered as a tournament option.

Last edited:

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
No, Raito just knows how to use the character effectively against the pro players. No one else will ever be able to replicate his success with DH; he's been playing the character ever since his introduction into SSB4, and knows exactly what to do against every single character. The character's still bad.
Uhh...

Riot Frenzy

Smash Rookie
People have been calling the character low tier but clearly, if you learn the character he seems to be at least upper mid given his toolset. The game is still relatively young and still has a lot of potential for major tier shakeups. A character repeatedly making top 8 at majors for months can't be overlooked.

Top Bottom