• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So...

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Never limit yourself to one move in a given situation. If you use whistle your opponent will expect it. That is when you use a different option. If you get used to using the same option in a given situation you get predictable. Explore all your options and use your knowledge of what option your opponent has.

:phone:

Noa.

Smash Master
Ok well duh Jiom. But whistle to footstool is one option that hasn't been explored thoroughly. And it's mostly useful for recovering especially if you don't have a second jump. It could be a great option lol.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I thought he was saying whistle is greater then footstool, not whistle to footstool.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Whistle > Footstool =/= Whistle -> Footstool

Use the correct symbols to avoid misunderstanding next time :)

And yes, Whistle -> Footstool sounds great, definitely something you should practise.

Dnyce

Smash Master

And yes, Whistle -> Footstool sounds great, definitely something you should practise.
Wait...

who the **** are you you??

LOL

:shyguy:

Jiom

Smash Journeyman

It's a matter of perspective. You shouldn't tell people what they should believe. You can both be right and both be wrong.

Dnyce

Smash Master
It's a matter of perspective. You shouldn't tell people what they should believe. You can both be right and both be wrong.

^

that ***** don't even know my first language is Italian... and he talking about avoiding misunderstandings n ****. lol. random *** kid

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
No worries, everyone gets to think for themselves some day.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
All right, all right. If you're going to make a topic about a specific tactic, let's at least keep it on-topic.

I think this'd be useful in gimping Yoshi and Ice Climbers and when recovering.
Any other thoughts?

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
What would counter whistle >/->/to footstool and what would counter the counter to whistle footstool.

Noa.

Smash Master
Whistle footstool would probably work in the same situations that whistle fair would work. The reason why you would choose this options is because you get your jump back and it's probably faster than an aerial. You could also just footstool instead of whistle if the opponent is trying to bait an air dodge or a whistle.

Dnyce

Smash Master
the couple times I've done it, the opponent was still doing their attack, so they didn't actually go through footstool animation, but I got the boost.

on a related note, instead of taking a uair to be saved... why don't we just have our teammates throw out an aerial that can't hit us so they don't get footstooled, and we don't take damage?

alternatively, team with mk, and have him glide off stage #brbcosbyshow

Top Bottom