• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The uh

the countdown site isn’t loading anymore it’s all black

IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
This looks so good!!! (and is that Sho I see as a party member?)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
IM SCREAMING DIDIEJIDURHWIXIC

OUR TIME HAS COME

OUR TIME HAS COME!!!!!!

cashregister9

Smash Hero

New Tetsuya Nomura art with Neku and the New Protagonist

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice

New Tetsuya Nomura art with Neku and the New Protagonist
That looks so good!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New theory:
Neku will appear later in NEO, either as part of a Reaper duo with Coco Atarashi, or by himself. Coco will DEFINITELY be involved tho

also Tsumugi or whatever her name is will reveal all that went down in Shinjuku

...also where’s Joshua and Hanekoma?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
neo twewy? so its just new twewy. have they been taking name advice from nintendo?

still the 3d environment and the combat looks superb, though dont know what to make of the characters. not happy about having to team up with the maths jerk.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nagi is just Futaba with purple hair… they are hitting my weakness so hard right now 😩💘

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
After not having followed video game news for the past few weeks, the TWEWY sequel was a great thing to come back to. Man, has it really been 12 years? I'm glad the countdown led to a sequel this time.
Anyway, the game looks great. Nice to see it still has that TWEWY look despite it being in 3D now.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Takes from the Neo TWEWY trailer.
  • The graphics/visuals look SIIIIIIICK!!!!
  • Returning characters is excellent (MINAMIMOTOOOOO!!!)
  • Returning enemies (noise); they also look sick AF.
  • Combat system revamp a-la carte like the Chef recommended (all characters playable now?! 👀)
  • Seems like it's good ol' Shibuya, although hopefully this time we'll be able to actually explore the buildings and streets further.
  • I wonder if the apparel system will reflect on the characters themselves when equipping different sets (shirts, pants, shows, hats, etc.)
  • What most are probably wondering, "will Neku, Shiki, Beat, Rhyme, Joshua, and everyone's favorite cool CAT make an appearance as well?"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Finally, a sequel. NOW the series fills all the criteria to be eligible (probably late tho). And it's on multiple systems to boot.

neo twewy? so its just new twewy. have they been taking name advice from nintendo?

still the 3d environment and the combat looks superb, though dont know what to make of the characters. not happy about having to team up with the maths jerk.
Nah, it's just Square being Square, as usual. It would be against character of them if they labelled sequels the normal way.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just watched the trailer and holy **** this is hype. Did not expect it to be a high budget project, but they went full-out 3D. Combat also looks like they're keeping the weird AoE and combo-y elements of the original but now in a 3D space which is great. And Sho is playable?!

Yeah sign me the f up, summer 2021 can't come soon enough.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Another theory
You know how either Joshua or Hanekoma sensed the Shinjuku Composer’s power while Coco trapped Neku and Beat in that giant noise?

what if the new GM is the Shinjuku Composer who moved into Shibuya when the Inversion erased Shinjuku?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now I'm wondering how likely it'd be for, if Neku gets into Smash, Rindo being an Alph-esque alternate skin.
If they’re around the same height it’ll work

and yes I need it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now I'm wondering how likely it'd be for, if Neku gets into Smash, Rindo being an Alph-esque alternate skin.
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the reverse happened. :ulthero::ulthero3:
you know, this might align with the voice theory that while there are four remaining characters this pass, there are five voice folders, which would imply one character has a differently voiced alt if all four remaining characters are voiced (Steve/Alex/Zombie/Enderman are mute).

duo characters like Ice Climbers share a folder, and FS cameos that are voiced like Dunban are in their corresponding fighter's folder (Shulk's in this case)

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nothing we've seen so far about the new game points to Rindo being able to do similar things to Neku. Even if the same pins return, it's likely that their functionality will be significantly altered to account for the new combat system. And that's without getting into the implications of there being multiple playable characters.

I think it's premature to say that the two protagonists could work as Echoes of each other, let alone alts.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I realized I haven't posted here since the trailer dropped. Well...

*inhale*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I AM SO EXCITED!

I'm really happy they have a new combat style for this. With the first TWEWY (I'm so happy I have to specify "the first TWEWY" now), the original DS version was always my favorite in terms of combat, and Final Remix felt like it was just trying to emulate that. Giving the sequel's combat a complete revamp for consoles was a fantastic idea, and it looks like it'll control well while still having that TWEWY style. The new Players look great (AAH PLAYABLE SHO!), and I definitely think Neku will appear in some form. I'll need to brush up on A New Day between now and the release, since I don't remember it that well and I want to know how this connects to the first game.

As for how this impacts Smash speculation, I don't want to fall into the thought process of "new game therefore Smash" that gets called out a lot on this site, but this is certainly promising for Neku's chances. Now, TWEWY is not only a multi-game franchise as opposed to that one DS game that got a few ports, but a franchise that Square is actively promoting with this and the upcoming anime. Even if Neku in Smash doesn't end up happening, 2021 truly is a great year to be a TWEWY fan.

Top Bottom