• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
The worst this countdown announcement could be is a version of Final Remix on other platforms. I don't think that's what we're getting though. But even if it is, that wouldn't be so bad of an announcement. I'd be interested to see how they'd get the game to work with a normal controller. I guess on PC they could even allow keyboard and mouse as a control option.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The worst this countdown announcement could be is a version of Final Remix on other platforms. I don't think that's what we're getting though. But even if it is, that wouldn't be so bad of an announcement. I'd be interested to see how they'd get the game to work with a normal controller. I guess on PC they could even allow keyboard and mouse as a control option.
I think it'd be impossible to put TWEWY on other consoles without reworking the entire combat system. PC could work like you say. But would they really do all of this just for a simple port?

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Between the recent Ace Attorney leaks and the new TWEWY countdown, there's so much I'm excited about. I'm trying not to get unrealistic expectations about the TWEWY thing, because knowing Square Enix, it could just be TWEWY Lite for the TI-84 (Sho Minamimoto's favorite game system), but I'm still excited to get some TWEWY news. Of my most wanted characters, Neku is the one who could rival Joker in pure style, and if you combine that with just how many pins and abilities he has, he could easily be one of the coolest additions in terms of visuals & playstyle.

I'm just glad he wasn't added into the sleeveless spirit event.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I dont think final remix on other platform needs a countdown hype to begin with lol, so i doubt that one heavily
This is literally the same company that had a similar countdown for the mobile port (Solo Remix) years ago.
I wouldn't put it past them. But I also think that this announcement is 75% likely to be TWEWY 2, considering insiders have been saying that it's happening for a while now.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This is literally the same company that had a similar countdown for the mobile port (Solo Remix) years ago.
I wouldn't put it past them. But I also think that this announcement is 75% likely to be TWEWY 2, considering insiders have been saying that it's happening for a while now.
I keep forgetting to not underestimate SE i guess lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tfw the sleeveless spirits event didn’t add a new spirit like Neku... 🤔

He dodged that bullet at least

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the website is showing old promotional trailers at midnight JST. The first one was for the OG DS game, the 2nd was for Solo Remix on mobile.

Take that as you will.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
and thats how you set yourself up for dissapointment

i did it with the last countdown
I mean realistically tho what else could it be? Can’t be another mobile port, we know about the anime, a port to other systems might be unfeasible, and NO WAY is that buildup only for him in Smash...

...is it?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Decided to check the site again and listen to the BGM and, is it just me or is this arrangement sounding different from that of previous days? Seriously thinking these may be samples of an arranged version of one of the original tracks for a potential TWEWY 2 (which in all seriousness, it's about time).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean what else could it be. Its can’t be a mobile game. Its not for the anime. I just don’t see any outcome that’s not TWEWY 2.
I mean realistically tho what else could it be? Can’t be another mobile port, we know about the anime, a port to other systems might be unfeasible, and NO WAY is that buildup only for him in Smash...

...is it?
im just saying temper expectations

Heoj

Smash Ace
I just checked the sites music, they added more layers and there's vocals now! It sounds like the existing voices but you can tell theyve mixed and edited them.

I do really like the already existing vocals for twewy but it would be pretty neat if we also got some new vocals.

Also, does it say 7 or 1 days

Heoj

Smash Ace
I just checked the sites music, they added more layers and there's vocals now! It sounds like the existing voices but you can tell theyve mixed and edited them.

I do really like the already existing vocals for twewy but it would be pretty neat if we also got some new vocals.

Also, does it say 7 or 1 days cuz i honestly can't tell from the font

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Also, does it say 7 or 1 days cuz i honestly can't tell from the font
It’s gotta be 1 day now...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Technically only one day for real left now... AND LOOK AT WHATS ON SCREEN

maybe the sequel uses smartphones??? Like in universe. The original had the characters check their messages with traditional flip phones

Heoj

Smash Ace
When i saw that hand holding the phone, i got a little scared thinking we could gey duped with a mobile game, but yeh it would make sense if the characters used smartphones in a potential sequal

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think the anime has the characters using smartphones as opposed to flip phones too? I’d have to check

yup they do

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
sobs in wanting Star Ocean Anamnesis to come back for the West... shut down just shortly after it's one year global anniversary. JP is still active FYI

either way we gonna find out at midnight EST and idk if ill stay up THAT late...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
sobs in wanting Star Ocean Anamnesis to come back for the West... shut down just shortly after it's one year global anniversary. JP is still active FYI

either way we gonna find out at midnight EST and idk if ill stay up THAT late...
why what time is that where you are?

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
It's not midnight EST. It's 10am EST.

The website has been updating at midnight JST every time so far, which is 10am EST.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's not midnight EST. It's 10am EST.

The website has been updating at midnight JST every time so far, which is 10am EST.
it says theres 6 hours and (roughly) 13 minutes remaining though

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
it says theres 6 hours and (roughly) 13 minutes remaining though

The countdown goes off of system time for whatever reason. Which obviously differs from each region. On my end, it currently says there is 6 hours and (about) 50 minutes left.

More info here:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Is it finally time? 👀 Went to check just now as the timer counted down only a few seconds remaining. It reached zero, but then it kinda went back to 23 hrs...? 🤔

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is it finally time? 👀 Went to check just now as the timer counted down only a few seconds remaining. It reached zero, but then it kinda went back to 23 hrs...? 🤔
48 mins for me, but I’m going to bed soon

maybe I’ll wake up in the middle of the night...?

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, it's updating at midnight JST. Which is 9am CST and 12pm EST. The website just uses the time on your phone/computer, which isn't Japan time.

It is currently 1:22am where I am, and the countdown says there's 22 hours and 37 minutes left. Obviously, there isn't that much time until the website updates.

Just convert 12am JST to your time zone via Google, and refresh the website when it hits that time.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Okay, so we have some pretty nice developments going on. We just got a new trailer for the anime as well as the opening theme preview. The trailer also has some lines to some other characters if your curious about that.
But the big important thing here is that the countdown website is still going on, meaning the countdown doesnt have anything to do with the anime and that they probably released new anime information now in order to line it up with the new game reveal.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why does it say 16 hours (roughly) remaining now???

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Last edited:
Top Bottom