• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

edumolon11

Smash Cadet
2B and Lara for competition though?

I think Neku its more possible. Square at the moment, does not has anything to promote in Switch. No NieR, no Tomb Raider.

But who knows in one month... :joyful:

I am in Neku train, but we can only wait to see what happen :)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think Neku its more possible. Square at the moment, does not has anything to promote in Switch. No NieR, no Tomb Raider.

But who knows in one month... :joyful:

I am in Neku train, but we can only wait to see what happen :)
To be fair, they've got NieR Replicant, Smash also promoted MGS4 despite that not being on Nintendo systems back in Brawl

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I don't think 2B is that likely, because her design definitely would need a rework, Lara just isn't a popular suggestion period, whereas Geno has huge fan demand.
Honestly imo next square rep has to be either Geno or Neku.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I thought of a concept for a Neku moveset.

Neku is constantly accompanied by one of his three partners. Said partner(s) could behave like Nana or Luma, but I envision them being most similar to Arsene (obviously, both Neku and his partners would individually be weaker to compensate). Neku can change which partner is active via his down special. Neku's partners modify his regular (non-special) attacks in certain ways (I'm open to suggestions, but my first idea was that Shiki does the most damage, Joshua has increased range, and Beat does the most knockback).

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I still kinda like my idea of Neku having different "pin sets" for his specials, which he can cycle through with his down-special.

Hero already has a ton of down-special options, but changing the specials completely mid-match is something that hasn't been done yet as far as I know, and would be unique. It'd basically be like changing a Mii's up-special mid-match.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So… this happened.

This + the anime expo poster that was recently revealed + Tansut teasing it for the second time in Resetera just after such poster was also revealed… yeah I think it's a given TWEWY2 is coming or something TWEWY for sure. This is getting hype!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So… this happened.

This + the anime expo poster that was recently revealed + Tansut teasing it for the second time in Resetera just after such poster was also revealed… yeah I think it's a given TWEWY2 is coming or something TWEWY for sure. This is getting hype!
Whoa wait, second time? Got a link?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Whoa wait, second time? Got a link?
The first time was late 2019 I think, and recently he came back https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...thats-a-stretch.205446/page-106#post-35148117
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 3.38.52 PM.png

He clarified later that he wasn't talking about Smash, by the way. Considering he was replying to a non-smash question I think that was obvious lol but at least he clarified just in case.

Edit: Actually my bad, he teased it the SAME day as the poster for Anime Expo was shown.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The first time was late 2019 I think, and recently he came back https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...thats-a-stretch.205446/page-106#post-35148117
View attachment 274877

He clarified later that he wasn't talking about Smash, by the way. Considering he was replying to a non-smash question I think that was obvious lol but at least he clarified just in case.
Oh I thought he did it again after that, my b

though Neku could still happen for Smash, Tansut just doesn’t know about it

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Oh I thought he did it again after that, my b

though Neku could still happen for Smash, Tansut just doesn’t know about it
It really is an interesting question as to what would Nintendo go to SE and ask for. Profit wise they would probably either look for another big character, or something that they want to shill sometime soon. I personally hope that they don't go asking for Bravely default, or Nier lol. FF7R and KH are the biggest things so far for Square (well KH is actually Disney tbh so nintendo wouldn't go to Square for that one). Lara for me sounds really dumb to think about, no offense to whoever thinks she is possible, I just don't think Nintendo would go for Lara (plus i don't think sakurai is even interested in that one) of all the other big faces they can get first instead, haha.

Neku actually would make a lot of sense if they want to heavily promote TWEWY2 on a handheld console again, that being the Switch.

But yeah, who knows if there will be even another Square rep anyway, lol. At least a sequel to TWEWY would be great if that's what's being teased lately.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
OH MY GOD!!!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Guess that explains the Anime Expo artwork...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Still think the sequel is happening at the bare minimum

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

This too? After this long? Something’s up I’m telling you

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OH MY GOD!!!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Guess that explains the Anime Expo artwork...
I'm damn excited for it. Not a sequel but I'll happily take.

All just depends on the studio, JC or A1 would be iffy.

Gonna hope for David Production. Would like Trigger but can't see them doing it.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Honestly my excitment for the adaptation depends on the studio. If it's A-1 I'll pass on it, if it's an actual good studio then I'll look forward to it. Time to peel my eyes for the promo coming next week.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well holy ****!

I hope the preview gives us gorgeous animation and a good studio backing it....

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah at least they are doing something with the series. Hopefully the sequel eventually happens…
The-World-Ends-With-You-Final-Remix_Jul020218_24.jpg

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah, a sequel is just what Neku needs to be considered for Smash. The IP must be proven to last, even if only for a second game.
I mean… not really? ARMS is like 3 years old already, hasn't gotten anything new and still got a character in smash. Banjo is even better example, there's nothing new in that series other than being on the rare replay thing. All that we need is that Nintendo wants to approach SE for Neku specifically and that they agree. We are kinda on a better spot in that sense, it just all depends on what Nintendo would approach SE to ask for another fighter. Here's crossing fingers!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean… not really? ARMS is like 3 years old already, hasn't gotten anything new and still got a character in smash. Banjo is even better example, there's nothing new in that series other than being on the rare replay thing. All that we need is that Nintendo wants to approach SE for Neku specifically and that they agree. We are kinda on a better spot in that sense, it just all depends on what Nintendo would approach SE to ask for another fighter. Here's crossing fingers!
I'm saying, any third party with more than one game is safe for consideration. Nintendo stuff obviously falls outside of such scrutiny because they can do anything with that without any risks (since they own that) except annoying consumers that would prefer some series.

I mean, you can't just pick any individual third-party game that might potentially either never be rereleased again or be a bomb at launch (*coughcough*MightyNumberNine*coughcough*).

In the meantime, the anime will help in giving more attention to TWEWY.

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
I'm very scared about this.

I don't want people's first experience with the niche IP to be a rushed, badly animated mess that doesn't do the amazing story of the original game justice. I *really* hope they get this right, but considering how many other anime adaptations have gone (Persona 5, Ace Attorney, etc.), I think I'm allowed to be cautious about this.

The best thing about this is that it shows that Square is definitely without a doubt doing more stuff with the IP. The sequel is inevitable. And I'm willing to say that something TWEWY getting into Smash is very likely now too, be it spirits, a Mii costume, or what we all want most, Neku as a playable character.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Apologies for the double post within less than 24 hours but:
Oh yeah. It’s all coming together.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Here's hoping we actually get a sequel then. I hope there's more than just a couple of games by Square announced

Heoj

Smash Ace
Ive wanted to play twewy for quite a while now but the only platform i can get it on is the final remix on switch, but im not a huge fan of using motion controls and especially touch screen on my switch. An anime adaptation sounds pretty great and it has a lot of potential(though considering how a1 handled ace attorney im not sure), in my eyes this pretty much confirms a sequel happening when you combine the anime as well as squares announcement schedule shifting.

This also makes me 100% sure that were getting twewy content of some kind in smash. Neku playable would be best case scenario but it might also just be a spirit event.(though my personal best case scenario is both geno and neku playable but thats obviously not likely at all)

Hope you guys get another W sometime soon!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ive wanted to play twewy for quite a while now but the only platform i can get it on is the final remix on switch, but im not a huge fan of using motion controls and especially touch screen on my switch. An anime adaptation sounds pretty great and it has a lot of potential(though considering how a1 handled ace attorney im not sure), in my eyes this pretty much confirms a sequel happening when you combine the anime as well as squares announcement schedule shifting.

This also makes me 100% sure that were getting twewy content of some kind in smash. Neku playable would be best case scenario but it might also just be a spirit event.(though my personal best case scenario is both geno and neku playable but thats obviously not likely at all)

Hope you guys get another W sometime soon!
Tbf seeing as how Heihachi's costume returned from 4, I think Geno's (and Lloyd's) costumes will too. Maybe getting Geno's upgraded with a face mask and an extra song may be the best option.

We got a Trials of Mana spirit event a few months ago which proves Square itself isn't really stingy (it was more a royalties thing with the composers of FF7 and DQ, and for the latter, the artist). Neku's ties to Nintendo and not much legal-ese in the way helps him. Sora has Disney to contend with, and neither 2B nor Lara have been on the Switch yet. I wouldn't count on Sephiroth either given that we still only have 2 FF7 songs

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Tbf seeing as how Heihachi's costume returned from 4, I think Geno's (and Lloyd's) costumes will too. Maybe getting Geno's upgraded with a face mask and an extra song may be the best option.
I read this as Geno wearing a face mask, y'know, for disease prevention, and that sounds super cute. Someone should Photoshop that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I’m not sure if I brought it up here but

around the start of the year two characters had “glitches” attached to them that would seemingly hint at new characters. Bayonetta had a glitch that seems to tie into Min Min. And there was one more - Ness. Idk what causes it but his eyes randomly disappear.

some ppl suggested Layton based on the eyes, but I got someone else in mind. What other youth has psychic powers...? I would hope this is another thing in Neku’s favor

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I’m not sure if I brought it up here but

around the start of the year two characters had “glitches” attached to them that would seemingly hint at new characters. Bayonetta had a glitch that seems to tie into Min Min. And there was one more - Ness. Idk what causes it but his eyes randomly disappear.

some ppl suggested Layton based on the eyes, but I got someone else in mind. What other youth has psychic powers...? I would hope this is another thing in Neku’s favor
These glitches mean literally nothing. We know for a fact Bowser Jr was used as a base for Plant, Hero's isn't very similar to Mii Swordfighter at all, Banjo seems to use Ridley more than DHD, Min Min has nothing that invokes Bayonetta, so maybe, just maybe, it's just a glitch. Because video games have glitches

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Can anyone find the interview mentioned here?

also I beat the main story of Final Remix last night and I want Neku in more than ever

still sad no Lullaby For You as the ending theme though... I prefer that to runaway

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Can anyone find the interview mentioned here?

also I beat the main story of Final Remix last night and I want Neku in more than ever

still sad no Lullaby For You as the ending theme though... I prefer that to runaway
i have never seen anything like that mentioned ever

buuuuuut on the off chance that i somehow failed a spot check on the list characters sakurai mentioned, try to go look on the source gaming website

Top Bottom