• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
It randomly occurred to me the other day that bravery is actually a mechanic in TWEWY.

If it ends up being Neku and *that's* the connection to the codename "Brave", that will be hilarious to me.
I'd totally spaced that, but you are absolutely right. I'd be totally thrilled if Neku made it in, either him or Sephiroth would give me good reason to switch my main.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Actually I don't think Brave was floaty, I think Brave is actually a heavier middle-weight.
Good to know. If I recall correctly, the conclusion that was reached in the Brave new character thread was that pretty much any of Brave's parameters could change before release (they were looking at what happened to Cloud's data before his release, if I remember correctly), though I am not sure if they were just speaking of landing lag and attack frames or if that applied to the movement profile as well.

I guess that brings up this question - what kind of movement profile do you all see Neku as having? What kind of moveset? I have a hard time picturing him as anything but a zoner, given that most of his psyches involve range of some sort, but there's a lot of wiggle room with his design. Do you think he'd have a strong aerial game? How tall would his character model be?

I personally think he'd fit the movement profile of the existing psychic characters (Mewtwo, Ness, Lucas) and that he'd have a strong set of aerial attacks. I couldn't see him being any taller than the FE cast and probably around the height of Mario or Luigi. Granted this is all speculation, but speculation is fun :)

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Good to know. If I recall correctly, the conclusion that was reached in the Brave new character thread was that pretty much any of Brave's parameters could change before release (they were looking at what happened to Cloud's data before his release, if I remember correctly), though I am not sure if they were just speaking of landing lag and attack frames or if that applied to the movement profile as well.

I guess that brings up this question - what kind of movement profile do you all see Neku as having? What kind of moveset? I have a hard time picturing him as anything but a zoner, given that most of his psyches involve range of some sort, but there's a lot of wiggle room with his design. Do you think he'd have a strong aerial game? How tall would his character model be?

I personally think he'd fit the movement profile of the existing psychic characters (Mewtwo, Ness, Lucas) and that he'd have a strong set of aerial attacks. I couldn't see him being any taller than the FE cast and probably around the height of Mario or Luigi. Granted this is all speculation, but speculation is fun :)
Oh I don't think the numbers will change that much, and I agree the number probably fit Neku pretty well I was just saying I don't think Brave is floaty.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Oh I don't think the numbers will change that much, and I agree the number probably fit Neku pretty well I was just saying I don't think Brave is floaty.
Thanks for the clarification, there's so much going around about Brave's stats right now it's getting hard to keep it all straight. I was hoping for a Nintendo Direct with a character announcement this week (as were we all, I think), but looks like we'll have to stay patient for a while longer :|

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

What happened to Cloud’s data before his release? I wasn’t around for that DLC speculation as I was relatively silent and stopped monitoring DLC leaks post-Royu.

I don’t see Neku having a great aerial game. Not as bad as Mac’s or Doc’s tho, but not AMAZING like Jiggs either. He would also be fast, having a slightly faster dash speed than Cloud.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
What happened to Cloud’s data before his release? I wasn’t around for that DLC speculation as I was relatively silent and stopped monitoring DLC leaks post-Royu.

I don’t see Neku having a great aerial game. Not as bad as Mac’s or Doc’s tho, but not AMAZING like Jiggs either. He would also be fast, having a slightly faster dash speed than Cloud.
If I recall correctly (I believe Mizumi posted this on his Twitter), Cloud's stats before his release were identical to Ike's and changed with his official release. If I can find that source I'll link to it.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace

I think it was stated that it was the same as Ike's but no one came forward with proof when asked so that's still up for debate, not to mention that to me says placeholder more than one or two numbers being the same.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I think it was stated that it was the same as Ike's but no one came forward with proof when asked so that's still up for debate, not to mention that to me says placeholder more than one or two numbers being the same.
Yeah, I've been looking for some proof for that claim (Cloud's data being identical to Ike's) and haven't been able to find it. I think our best indications of how malleable the existing data is will come after the data for two or three Ultimate DLC characters pre- and post-release is analyzed.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Neku can be considered short-ish though, right? I’m sure if one thing remained constant between Cloud’s beta and final datamine, it’s the height. It wouldn’t change drastically. “Brave” is considered short-ish, and I for some reason doubt it would be Geno.

This also rules out Sephiroth and possibly also Crono cause they’re taller.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Neku can be considered short-ish though, right? I’m sure if one thing remained constant between Cloud’s beta and final datamine, it’s the height. It wouldn’t change drastically. “Brave” is considered short-ish, and I for some reason doubt it would be Geno.

This also rules out Sephiroth and possibly also Crono cause they’re taller.
I think Neku could be considered short-ish. He is only 15. I don't know if he would only be as tall as Ness or Lucas, but the skinny character design would probably make him look taller than his model actually is.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Neku would definitely not be short. I'd say maybe around Link's height or a smidge shorter would do him justice. He'd look too compressed at Ness and Lucas's heights.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
What kind of moveset?
So when I filled out my entry for Neku in the ballot, my moveset idea was essentially that he could have multiple movesets. His down special could have him change his "set" of pins, allowing him to have a different up special, side special, and down special depending on which set he's using. I guess three sets would probably be the best amount to have.

Switching sets with the down special would kinda work similarly to how Shulk changes Monado Arts with his standard special.

I think Neku could be considered short-ish. He is only 15. I don't know if he would only be as tall as Ness or Lucas, but the skinny character design would probably make him look taller than his model actually is.
Neku would definitely not be short. I'd say maybe around Link's height or a smidge shorter would do him justice. He'd look too compressed at Ness and Lucas's heights.
I think Joker will give a good idea of how tall Neku would be. I *really* don't think he'll be shorter than Mario.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I can see where you're coming from - Lucas or Ness heights would make him look compressed or just odd
So when I filled out my entry for Neku in the ballot, my moveset idea was essentially that he could have multiple movesets. His down special could have him change his "set" of pins, allowing him to have a different up special, side special, and down special depending on which set he's using. I guess three sets would probably be the best amount to have.

Switching sets with the down special would kinda work similarly to how Shulk changes Monado Arts with his standard special.

I think Joker will give a good idea of how tall Neku would be. I *really* don't think he'll be shorter than Mario.
A changeable moveset would be a great fit for Neku and could give him a diversive kit to work with, potentially changing his play style to a zoner, rushdown, swordie, or brawler. He'd probably have a higher skill floor and ceiling if that were the case, but I think would be great fun to play.

I agree though, now that I think about it shorter than Mario would look weird for Neku.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
He's among my top wanted Square Enix characters alongside Sora and Geno. I'd love to see Neku in the game, and having played TWEWY a lot of times on my old DS, I can see just how absurd is the amount of moves he could pick for a Smash moveset. I think that every single attack he has should be one of the pins from the game, since some have quite basic moves like slicing and stomping. Definitely a great character that I'm willing to support till the day he's added.

Last edited:

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
yes I was checking because data leak made me think about floaty characters neku would fit and a nintendo exclusive and on switch and he the strongest reason for the code name he has a stat named bravery.but the leak could be bull**** and he would still hold up as a popular character for people who even haven't play game with a chance to play like a solely unique fighter.only kinda playing like lucas but I feel like he should play a bit more like friezia from dragon ball fightrez with the whole blowing up the ground projectiles for his Ice move as a down b

Last edited:

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
I can see where you're coming from - Lucas or Ness heights would make him look compressed or just odd

A changeable moveset would be a great fit for Neku and could give him a diversive kit to work with, potentially changing his play style to a zoner, rushdown, swordie, or brawler. He'd probably have a higher skill floor and ceiling if that were the case, but I think would be great fun to play.

I agree though, now that I think about it shorter than Mario would look weird for Neku.
not really there's only enough for one kit because a lot of move are just different forms of fling **** around shoot project that might pierce slice the bois I know there are others,but I don't think there's enough. and also megaman would keep his if they wanted someone other than mii's to have them still

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
We should spread the word about Neku and make sure he's up there with other fan suggestions.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question:

If Neku got into Smash with a Shibuya UG stage, what are the six songs you'd most want to see come along with his stage? And of those six, *if you could only narrow it down to two, which two would you choose?*

Personally, my choices are:

1. Calling
2. Hybrid (Either the original or the remix used in A New Day)
3. Someday
4. Long Dream
5. Give Me All Your Love (Any version)
6. Twister (Either Remix or Kingdom Mix)

If I had to narrow it down to two, I would choose Calling and Hybrid.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I’m not surprised. 50 bucks for a port of a DS game is a tall order. I wonder why companies price their niche products like that, then wonder why they don’t succeed?
Well that's because this is no ordinary company with common sense on how to keep a franchise running, this is

so this actually means that TWEWY is destined to fail as a consequence of their neglect :shades:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Well that's because this is no ordinary company with common sense on how to keep a franchise running, this is

so this actually means that TWEWY is destined to fail as a consequence of their neglect :shades:
That's a big shame, I think if they'd aimed for the $30 (or even $40) price point, they would have sold more units and potentially earned more profit.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
That's a big shame, I think if they'd aimed for the $30 (or even $40) price point, they would have sold more units and potentially earned more profit.
And Square loves profit and money, but advertising is also money, and I guess Square didn't find the game worthy enough of advertisement to any significant degree.

Edit: So don't less this thread die! Shoehorn our way into the limelight for our boy Neku and TWEWY!

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
It really sucks because in A New Day in Final Remix...

...they basically end on a cliffhanger with the text "A New Game Begin2" afterwards. If I didn't know any better, I would think TWEWY 2 was already in development... But if they were really counting on Final Remix to sell well, then I'm not so sure...

Well regardless, I genuinely don't know if Final Remix's sales would impact Neku's chances for Smash Ultimate DLC.

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question:

If Neku got into Smash with a Shibuya UG stage, what are the six songs you'd most want to see come along with his stage? And of those six, *if you could only narrow it down to two, which two would you choose?*

Personally, my choices are:

1. Calling
2. Hybrid (Either the original or the remix used in A New Day)
3. Someday
4. Long Dream
5. Give Me All Your Love (Any version)
6. Twister (Either Remix or Kingdom Mix)

If I had to narrow it down to two, I would choose Calling and Hybrid.
too hard can't we just have the whole ost

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If I had to pick two it'd be Twister (because of course) and Calling (my personal iconic track) but if I had free reign they'd be Calling and Three Minutes Clapping.

But I'd rather the entire OST. Including every remix. Just do it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I had to pick two it'd be Twister (because of course) and Calling (my personal iconic track) but if I had free reign they'd be Calling and Three Minutes Clapping.

But I'd rather the entire OST. Including every remix. Just do it.
I’d pick Transformation, Emptiness And, Ooparts, and Give Me All Your Love

though they’d probably censor the “feel me when you come inside” lyric for the last one

And of course Calling and practically every version of Twister under the sun

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Twister is such a good song but I get tongue tied every time I sing along :p

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I would throw Ultimate out the window if we got Neku but no Long Dream.

Or even worse, if we got a bunch of instrumentals...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I would throw Ultimate out the window if we got Neku but no Long Dream.

Or even worse, if we got a bunch of instrumentals...
I myself neeeeeeeeeed Emptiness And. Please.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
No no no, what we need most is Someday. That song is the best song in the entire game.

Objectively, don’t try to argue it.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Knowing how enthusiastic Nomura is about Smash, I can't help but wonder if he's made a similar push for Neku considering he's definitely aware of how much more legal spaghetti his other son Sora is wrapped up in. It could even be a sneaky way to try to help those Final Remix sales along, and get that sequel that he wants.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've been really feeling that TWEWY love lately. I want him in Smash so badly man. I'm starting to dream about it.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I will lend my support. I recently started looking into TWEWY and will probably pick up the Switch version.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I will lend my support. I recently started looking into TWEWY and will probably pick up the Switch version.
I hope you enjoy it! I can't comment on the Switch version but when I played it on DS it really stuck with me. It's a beautiful game.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Alright so can we NOT have this thread die anymore? Neku's pretty relevant with Final Remix and KH3 heavily implying his inclusion in either DLC or the next game, so let's talk for a little longer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i think the KH3 secret ending definitely means they got big plans for Neku; they want to promote him more.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, uh...
I'm glad I beat KH3 yesterday, because if that secret movie had been spoiled for me I'd have been upset. But I'm so excited! I loved KH3 and when I saw that 104 building I lost my damn mind. I love how Nomura is so salty about losing TWEWY 2 and Final Fantasy Versus 13 that he just made a new KH game just to put them in.

I can't believe Sora died and ended up in the Reaper's Game. For a second I thought he was in Galbadia, which is still hype for me since I love FF8, but I'm an even bigger TWEWY guy so I am STOKED.

Top Bottom