• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Paraster

Smash Lord
Concept for a NEO spirit event I posted yesterday.
I came up with a potential roster for a NEO: The World Ends With You Spirit Board event. It might seem a bit weird to fans, but I think this would work the best for representing the most important parts of the game without providing major spoilers. (The last spirit in particular was a replacement for a different one that was slightly spoilery in its implications and also hard to actually interpret as a spirit.)

View attachment 325788Rindo & Fret & Nagi

Class: ✩✩ Advanced
Type: Attack
Equip: Primary (3 slots)
Trait: PSI Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Shulk (orange)
    • Captain Falcon (black)
    • Inkling (purple)
  • Stage: Prism Tower
  • Music: Ink or Sink
  • Match: Stamina
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • The enemy's (Shulk) FS Meter charges quickly
    • The enemy’s (Captain Falcon) down special has increased power
    • The enemy’s (Inkling) neutral special has increased power
View attachment 325777Sho Minamimoto

Class: ✩✩✩ Ace
Type: Shield
Equip: Support (cost 1)
Skill: Easier Dodging
  • Puppet Fighter: Mario (black)
    • Giant Lucario (grey)
  • Stage: Moray Towers (Ω form)
  • Music Track: Battle! (Steven)
    • Mario: 141 HP
    • Lucario: 173 HP
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Reinforcements (Lucario) will appear after an enemy (Mario) is KO'd
    • The enemy (Mario) is very fast and can’t stop quickly
    • The enemy (Lucario) will occasionally have super armor
View attachment 325778Mr. Mew

Class: ✩ Novice
Type: Neutral
Equip: Support (cost 1)
Skill: Lightweight
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Incineroar (grey)
    • Tiny Tail Incineroar (grey) x5
  • Stage: Fourside (Ω form)
  • Music: Pop Fashion Show
  • Rules/Conditions:
    • Reinforcements (Giant Incineroar) will appear after an enemy (Tiny Incineroars) is KO'd
    • The enemy (Giant Incineroar) has super armor but moves slower

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
you understood that?
Yeah, I messed around with calculators a lot in grade school, so I remembered 07734 from that:

It caught me off-guard -- I had gotten used to him spouting high-level math concepts, so I did not expect a calculator word to show up lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I messed around with calculators a lot in grade school, so I remembered 07734 from that:

It caught me off-guard -- I had gotten used to him spouting high-level math concepts, so I did not expect a calculator word to show up lol
well now im confused as to why coco took offence

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so having beat NEO, how’s this for a Neku idea
Alts: Default, Shiki Palette, Joshua Palette, Beat Palette, Rhyme Palette, NEO Appearance, Rindo (Alph/Hero Style full alt with announcer saying “Rindo”), Rindo (Minamimoto Palette)

battle style is based on NEO vs OG TWEWY, assigning a pin psych to each move and special. Ergo, no partners required. Use whatever fits I guess

Final Smash:
Neku: the finishing move from the final battle of OG TWEWY, you know which one I mean
Rindo: pulls an Omnislash V5 and has his own FS animation, the big ass finisher from the end of the Phoenix Cantus fight. NEO Appearance Neku appears in it, regardless of if that alt is on the field or not

Stage and music: will think of later. Got a huge ass list for music that will include NEO tunes
Spirit Board: Shiki, Joshua, Beat, Rhyme, Sho Minamimoto, Fret, Nagi, Shoka, Mitsuki Konishi, The Ruinbringers (Legend). Beat and Sho evolve into their NEO selves

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I beat NEO TWEWY (bought on Switch) the other day, and I beat the original (emulated on DS). What a fantastic pair of games. The lack of advertising from Square Enix makes me think they aren't in, which is a shame because they absolutely deserve some form of representation. Give us a Mii Costume, song and Spirit Event at the very least.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
I'm currently beating Neo for the second time, and is awesome, all of it. Smash representation would be nice, even Rindo alone would be cool.

The stage could be either:
-The rooftop where you fight Mr. Mew, with the 104 at the background.
-The 104 building
-The destroyed scramble crossing where you fight Shiba.
-Udagawa
I think those are the most iconic areas from the games

Moveset for a TWEWY char is really easy to think of, i made one months ago i think.
Forward Smash: The "Outta my face" big sword from twewy1
Up Smash: One of those ice pillars
Jab: That flurry needle attack from twewy1, or the fist pins from neo

Up Special: Murasame (That vertical slash pin)
Down Special: It would be funny if Rindo had a Counter like Shulk "vision", he could say something like (We're going again) then avoiding the hit, releasing birdnoise around him or something like that.
Special mechanic: Groove (Let's say that some of his moves have a "finisher" which could be the last of his jabs or an attack max-charged, after connecting those finishers there is a small reaction window where you must connect a different attack in order to multiply your damage.

For his Final Smash, assuming Rindo is going solo without Neku, the Killer Remix seems the most logical option, it has all the party members, and is stylish af, they could also add Minamimoto to the formula so Rindo can be in the center with 3 party members at each corner lending him a hand.
TWEWY series would be represented by a player pin and the victory theme, that acoustic guitar part of Twister - OG ver. at the end

The chances? I have a bit of faith because
-Smash has a lot of Square Enix promotion, we got Sephiroth and the 4 DQ protagonists.
-We have had Octopath, Mana, and Bravely Default spirit events.
-So far we haven't had a NEO spirit event.
-Smash has a lot of RPGs represented, 3/5 characters from the first pass are from RPG games, that's a lot.
-Final Remix was published by Nintendo alongside Octopath Traveler and DQ11.

On the other hand, my expectations are very low because NEO was absent from Nintendo's E3 here in America, and even though Square Enix promoted it too much in Japan with the anime, the figures, clothes, cosplays, Famitsu, etc. (and here in Latin America as well lol idk why), they didn´t give it as much attention in America.

Those are my thoughts, even if there's nothing for Smash, the mere fact that NEO exists is like a miracle, but if we had anything in the game, that would be even better, only time will tell.

Last edited:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
07734 I’ve just beaten Neo & loved every second of it. I would love to have TWEWY music in Smash, if you had to choose 8-12 songs from the series to put in Smash which would you choose?
Me:
1. Twister
2. Calling
3. Three Minutes Clapping
4. Ooparts
5. It’s So Wonderful
6. Hybrid
7. World is Yours (Neo)
8. Rocking Rocking (Neo)
9. Last Call (Neo)
10. Shibuya Survivor (Neo)
11. Your Ocean (Neo)
12. Kill the Itch (Neo)
I feel 50/50 from both games would be good.

Paraster

Smash Lord
07734 I’ve just beaten Neo & loved every second of it. I would love to have TWEWY music in Smash, if you had to choose 8-12 songs from the series to put in Smash which would you choose?
Me:
1. Twister
2. Calling
3. Three Minutes Clapping
4. Ooparts
5. It’s So Wonderful
6. Hybrid
7. World is Yours (Neo)
8. Rocking Rocking (Neo)
9. Last Call (Neo)
10. Shibuya Survivor (Neo)
11. Your Ocean (Neo)
12. Kill the Itch (Neo)
I feel 50/50 from both games would be good.
Already came up with a list like this a while back. Bolded are new remixes. Indented weren't in my original list, but added to hit the full 12.
  1. Twister
  2. Long Dream
  3. Calling
  4. Hybrid
  5. Someday
  6. Make or Break
  7. Your Ocean
  8. Transformation -NEO Mix-
  9. Ooparts -NEO Mix-
  10. LAST CALL
  11. Shibuya Survivor
  12. World Is Yours
I swear I didn't specifically aim to make it half-original, half-NEO (depending on how you count NEO Mixes) :p

Last edited:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
Already came up with a list like this a while back. Bolded are new remixes. Indented weren't in my original list, but added to hit the full 12.
  1. Twister
  2. Calling
  3. Long Dream
  4. Someday
  5. Hybrid
  6. Make or Break
  7. Your Ocean
  9. Ooparts -NEO Mix-
  10. LAST CALL
  11. Shibuya Survivor
  12. World Is Yours
I swear I didn't specifically aim to make it half-original, half-NEO (depending on how you count NEO Mixes) :p
Great list! I feel that it’s hard to select only 12 out of their amazing OST.
I just really want TWEWY music in Smash, definitely my favourite video game OST followed by Persona & Kingdom Hearts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  1. Twister
  2. Calling
  3. Long Dream
  4. Someday
  5. Hybrid
  6. Make or Break
  7. Your Ocean
  9. Ooparts -NEO Mix-
  10. LAST CALL
  11. Shibuya Survivor
  12. World Is Yours
I wouldn’t remix Twister, Calling or Your Ocean myself. I like them original 🥺

Paraster

Smash Lord
I've been working on a document outlining what a Neku Challenger Pack would look like on and off for a few months. At this point, it's far from complete, but it's filled out enough that I feel comfortable sharing it here.

Here it is. Suggestions and feedback are appreciated!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Smash Ultimate’s DLC ending in two days and the sub forum closing afterward, just wanna say it’s been fun

I doubt Neku is CP11 but if he is it’ll be amazing

There’s several Neku for Smash accounts on Twitter, and if they do another ballot (doubtful) I’ll be sure to campaign for Neku

until next time…

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sora’s just like two steps away from Neku

I do hope Neku makes it next game

or even an Ultimate expanded port or something

Top Bottom