• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, would anybody here be interested in seeing some characters being DLC alt. costumes?

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Wasn't sure where else to post this, and if this is the wrong place, I would prefer if this was moved instead of deleted.

But anyways, when I mention this, some examples that comes to mind most are Proto Man and Bass for Mega Man, Ms. Pac-Man for Pac-Man, Ken for Ryu, and (Not as likely, but would certainly be interesting) M. Bison for Ganondorf.

I don't think these should be too much to make, so if they are released, it would nice to see them all in a bundle for about $2 or something like that, but seeing how overpriced Smash DLC is, I should expect $0.75 per costume.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I wouldnt want characters that could be their own character as an alt costume.

This is my own bias opinion but I feel certain characters wouldnt be will represented if molded into another characters move set. Ie Ken doesnt fight like Ryu, Bass & Protoman have different abilities than Megaman.

I feel it's suitable where applicable, which is few and far between. I don't think a character should be made into an alt just for the sake of being playable.

I would however like to see the long time mainstay alt costumes get the Alph treatment.

This includes Dark Link, Blood Falcon, and Daisy. However I would like them to be more cosmetically and aesthetically fleshed out than Alph, however remaining functionally & mechanically the same.

I will agree with the addition of Ms. Pacman for Pacman. I feel Ninten for Ness could also be plausable.

Last edited:

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Overpriced? Ehh, I guess we all have different opinions on that. But yeah, DLC costumes would be cool.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Most definitely.

I love Dark Pit and Lucina (not Dr. Mario, particularly), but I feel that if the character is not really fundamentally different than its counterpart, he or she should truly be alternate costumes. This applies to Dark Pit, who should be a Pit alt., and to Lucina, a Marth alt., and Dr. Mario, a Mario alt.

Not only does this save space for more fighters on the roster, but it just makes more sense. Take a look at Bowser Jr., who has multiple alternates that are different characters altogether; they play the same, but are different characters.

Why does this not apply to the three "clones?" I am not sure. Pit could very well have 12 alternate colors (as Little Mac does), 6 being Pit and 6 being Dark Pit. Dark Pit would still have his dark purple bow, his Electroshock Arm would have exactly the same properties as Pit's Sidearm Dash, but designed differently. This also goes for Dr. Mario, who could have different visuals for attacks, but they would still maintain the same hitboxes, properties, etc.

But, for Lucina, she would have to be identical to Marth for consistency (concerning the tip of sword attacks).

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Not only does this save space for more fighters on the roster
For the last time, no, Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario did not "steal" any character slots. If anything, without the addition of those three, we would just have less playable characters.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Peach needs a full Daisy costume!!

Oh and how about maybe adding a Nurse Peach costume since we have Dr Mario in the game.

It's tough to think of ones that would work without issue. Ms. Pac-Man is a maybe. Ken, though not totally identical to Ryu in Street Fighter, is still derivative enough to be a convincing alt in Smash. I don't think Daisy for Peach would work, because Peach's movements (taunts especially) would not accurately reflect Daisy, described as a tomboy.

The Zelda characters getting Ocarina of Time skins would be nice, like in Project M, since many preferred those designs.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Sakurai confirmed it
Oh, okay, thank you for the clarification. I have apparently been under the false impression that these characters stole spaces on the roster. This is not necessary, but if you have the opportunity, would you mind sharing a link with me that can show me where Sakurai confirmed this?

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Top Bottom