• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

so why is it when people are better then u at smash they have to be such jerks

okoya123

Smash Apprentice
so i went to last c3 which btw was horrible took an extra 3 hours longer cause the guy who was running it was retarted. anyways i played some decent games but the ones that i had no choice of winning the other person would either toy around with me and show off to his friends and after he beat me give he would say very rude unneeded things. and im just like its just a game im here to have fun not to put anyone else down.

shinodude

Smash Cadet
well trash talk is a habbit that people can get depending on the people they hang around and the trash talk helps them get into it.

I know how you feel tho =/

the kilt

Smash Rookie
Try to forget him, not all players trash talk. It's just a sign of poor sportsmanship, and he probably only showed poor sportsmanship because he was treated that way previously after losing. Some of the nicest players are the best, if you look around at the ones that post on the boards you tend to see them treat others well instead of poorly.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons that I love the Smash community is the sportsmanship and kindness that generates between players. If stuck up Smashers are a problem to you, then simply shake their hand and say, "Good game!" after each game.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
so i went to last c3 which btw was horrible took an extra 3 hours longer cause the guy who was running it was retarted. anyways i played some decent games but the ones that i had no choice of winning the other person would either toy around with me and show off to his friends and after he beat me give he would say very rude unneeded things. and im just like its just a game im here to have fun not to put anyone else down.

you must be talking about the ****ty Halo community. lol

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
He was probably joking.

It isn't all people who are very good smashers who trash talk. It is rather those who are good and lose. ;)

No Johns.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Get better, track down where he lives, kick his door down, drag his *** out of bed, tie him to a chair and plop a controller in his hands and start playing a game of Smash, beat him, then shake his hand say "Good game! Sorry about the door." then walk away as if nothing happened.

what?

What?!

Makaveli X

Smash Cadet

It's cause some people are jerks. But you shouldn't let that bring you down. If anything you shouldn't care or just use it as motivation to get better. I trash talk occasionally with friends, but their friends. Just don't care about what they say and get better to beat them. Motivation :)

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
Only Jerks I ever came across were pbody and king. Out side of that, pretty much everyone I've met and lost to were super cool.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
Talking crap on Halo live is so much fun.. It's so funny when people get mad when I say random stuff.. But I think it's wrong to talk crap about beating someone.. Especially if you're playing them in person. So, don't take it too personal. There's so many skinny nerds that play smash.. I would just punch them in da face!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I don't know what you're talking about. Most of the best players i've met were nice. It was a select few of the mediocre players who thought they were way better than they really were that bothered me. Mostly because they were poor sports about losing to me. Don't let it bother you. Jerks will be jerks.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Translated:

I went to "c3." It was horrible. Some guy sandbagged me, and he was showing off. He then insulted me. I said "it's just a game, I'm just here to have fun."

So you are wondering why jerks are jerks?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think the title should be "Why are Jerks jerks?"
Haha, that's class, my friend says stuff like that all the time.

Anyway, the guy was either trash talking, or a jerk, both of which you should get used to if you want to play Melee competitively. I'm sure you would prefer this over noisy freaks screaming on XBL, even when they suck.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know what you're talking about. Most of the best players i've met were nice. It was a select few of the mediocre players who thought they were way better than they really were that bothered me. Mostly because they were poor sports about losing to me. Don't let it bother you. Jerks will be jerks.
The "I can't believe I lost to a girl playing G&W/Zelda" people?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow, I've never heard of talking **** when you win...

although I do a lot of **** talking when I lose...xD

Kips

Smash Ace
Hah, friendly trash talk while playing has always been fine with me... But when people start to get out of hand afterwards is what irritates me to no end. I think the best thing to do is show good sportsmanship and be the bigger person. When you best a person, focus on what he/she/it/potato did right and compliment them on it. When you lose, accept it and give your best smile for them (Unless they're a potato. Then you peel and eat them.).

Rodent23

Smash Cadet
Me and my friends laugh when we beat each other. It got out of hand when we started losing large sums of money to each other though.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i went to a c3 tournament once. People seemed pretty nice to me, and i lost a LOT of games. I guess it just depends on how you react to sandbagging.

mukoe890

Smash Apprentice
If they are obviously better than you and a huge nerd, after the game ends challenge them to an arm wrestling match.

UltimatX

Smash Cadet

They trash talk like that probably because they know they'll never amount to anything in real life. Forget them. See where they are in the future.;)

orintemple

Smash Lord
The people who are jerks about it are the people who are in the middle between scrubs and pros. The people who think they are all that because they can beat the average player but when it comes to playing a truly great player they would get stomped. The majority of the players who are actually great are fine people.

finalark

SNORLAX
Honestly, I have been trashed talked by Smashers that could have beaten me blindfolded and all I have to say when people feel like being Jerks about a game is, "Congratulations, you just beat a guy who's mains are low Tier."

Besides, most jerks that play smash only think that they are good.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
so why is it when people are better then u at smash they have to be such jerks
so why is it when people are better then u at football they have to be such jerks
so why is it when people are better then u at basketball they have to be such jerks
so why is it when people are better then u at any sport they have to be such jerks
so why is it when people are better then u at any game they have to be such jerks
so why is it when people are better then u at anything they have to be such jerks

Because people are jerks.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The "I can't believe I lost to a girl playing G&W/Zelda" people?
Yeah, those people. It's hard to tell which bothers them more, low tiers or being a girl. Doesn't matter, they're still scrubs if they're going to ***** about it.

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
Anyone else find it kind of ironic that the OP is talking about people being jerks when he is ragging on a guy that put on a tournament, took a couple extra hours because he is "retarted" ??

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
They're called elitists, The smash community has waaay too many. And they're very fun to beat. Those are the uppety semi pro kids who think they're gods cuz they can beat every noob in the local area they're in. So fun to 3-4 stock them.

Top Bottom