• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who is this Geno guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Disarray

Smash Rookie
I keep hearing all this stuff about him but I don't know who he is. Isn't he from Earthbound or something?

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
He's one of the playable characters of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES. He was pretty memorable for being pretty outlandish as a Mario character with arm cannons and rocket punches aside from being an all-around mysterious character. You can find more info about him on his support page.

Colonel Disarray

Smash Rookie
He's one of the playable characters of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES. He was pretty memorable for being pretty outlandish as a Mario character with arm cannons and rocket punches aside from being an all-around mysterious character. You can find more info about him on his support page.
Sorry to ask, but is this a troll? I'm getting conflicting reports elsewhere that he's either from Earthbound or Undertale. Now he's from Super Mario RPG?

Also, sorry, but I don't click strange links on the internet.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Nope, whoever told you Earthbound/Undertale must have been trolling. Look it up and see for yourself if you wish.

UserKev

Smash Champion
The fact that you posted a whole thread for the matter, makes me wonder if your actually serious or not.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
User was warned for this post; trolling
Go to the geno support thread and you'll learn all about him.
Seconded. I'd provide a link, but-
Sorry to ask, but is this a troll? I'm getting conflicting reports elsewhere that he's either from Earthbound or Undertale. Now he's from Super Mario RPG?

Also, sorry, but I don't click strange links on the internet.
...So you bother to ask who Geno is, but instead of going to his own thread, the newcomer speculation thread, or the general discussion thread, you make your own thread to ask a question that you could have had answered in less than a minute if you weren't too paranoid to use Google, but not paranoid enough to know better than to take the word of random strangers as gospel. And then you state that you don't click links, so it wouldn't do any good to give you one. You ask a question and then actively refuse to learn the answer.
74093606-F082-413B-88C1-8E02C9684BEF.gif

It won't.
Google exists for a reason
You can lead a man to Google, but you can’t make him think.
The fact that you posted a whole thread for the matter, makes me wonder if your actually serious or not.
Given his second post here, I doubt it. But either way, he's a sad little noob.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
User was warned for this post; flaming
Why do idiots always claim stuff is from Earthbound? What a stupid meme.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A thread already exists for Geno.

Flaming the opening poster is inappropriate and Warnings/Infractions will be coming. That is not how you respond to users in any way. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

The reality is, people are told false information. You also cannot expect any user to click on an outward link when there's tons of bad links out there. Accusations of trolling are also vastly inappropriate and will not be tolerated. Show some maturity and just answer properly. The thread already got reported properly. That was more than enough for the Moderation to resolve the issue. I also don't honestly see how the user was trolling at all. Just misinformed. If they do not wish to listen to the advice/facts... don't reply or worry about it. If they cause trouble down the line, report it and let us handle it.

We are not interested in Mod mentality and will never tolerate that kind of behavior. Trying to drive people off the site is something we're extremely against. If a person is going to be removed from the site, that's up to the Moderation to decide based upon the user's specific actions and if they break the rules of the forum. We don't take user suggestions to ban others just because they want them to be removed. That is not the type of behavior we ever want to see. White knighting is awful and accomplishes nothing. We want reports always in good faith too.

It's a long message, but I hope you all read and learn the far more proper behavior when it comes to participating on this site. And yes, while troll threads may exist, it's not your job to "call them out". Just report it and we'll look into it. Fact of the matter is, sometimes these so-called threads actually can have a legitimate subject too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom