• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who here will be try to main Corrin when he comes out?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Contrary from what I posted before, I decided to pick him/her up as one of my mains because...well...I like the Fire Emblem series...I like sword fighters, especially one that has a chainsaw...and I like dragons, like the ones that can transform into one.

I'm definitely gonna play as Corrin when he/she comes out and I'm looking forward to see how he/she plays compared to Robin. I will still main Rosalina and Mega Man though.

Spiralviper

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpiralViper
Probably, besides Mewtwo, my most anticipated DLC character. I even voted for him/her in the ballot!

(S)he is looking to be pretty good, too. A lot of his/her moves look really fast and powerful, and it looks like (s)he has lots of combo potential.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
The moveset alone got me interested in trying him/her out.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm gonna learn this character best believe especially if He/She got a decent run speed and help cover up Falco and Robin's MU but I'm learning Corrin no matter what i just wish Corrin wasn't the official name need to get used to it.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Might add him/her as a part of my ever growing secondary army, that lance Side-B move is going to be fun to use.

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
So hype for this character!!!!! I want to know if his side b can stick to the side of the stage.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
He looks cool so I'll give him a try. If he ends up being fun and somewhat viable then I might make him a secondary.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Heck yes. I wanted him ever since I first watched the original Fates trailer that featured him- I told my brother that he'd be a perfect Smash character that probably just came at the wrong time. He looks agile but focused with his attacks, which love in a character (I'm not usually great at fast combo characters like Sheik, but ones like Pit and Corrin who have agility and some strength are my forte). I don't see myself dropping any of my current mains (Robin, Roy, and Rosalina especially), but I can see using Corrin a ton and using him as a secondary.

Definitely me.

1). Because I love sword users.
2). Because his moveset is interesting.
3). Because I am biased toward Fire Emblem.
Just saying, great taste in characters in that signature. I too was pulling for Elma and Isaac, while I didn't think that Sora or Corrin had a chance. I don't personally play Bayonetta, but I'm happy with her inclusion. Those predictions weren't half bad!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I doubt that I'll main Corrin (there's already Zelda, Ganondorf, Daraen and soon Bayonetta, and that's already too much mains), but I will definitely play her often, the moveset looks really cool!

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
If Corrin can do well against Sheik (fingers crossed), instant secondary! Maybe even instant main! If not..... well, I can still play him for fun at least, and there is a chance of him replacing my current main :4megaman:anyways.

Either way, super excited.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
I've pretty much have played Robin and Roy (with some Peach) for Smash 4, and I think Corrin will round it out evenly in terms of playstyles. First day purchase.

Last edited:

richy90

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna try, 'cause I really like him. But again, I said the same with Robin and at the end I didn't felt comfortable with his playstyle.

Also I can't play FE: Fates yet, but I think I'm gonna like it even more than Awakening for a series of reasons... so I expect playing as Corrin eagerly.

TuxedoCreep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-4836-6420
Idk about main yet but definite secondary seeing as how Fox is getting a little boring for me and soloing Peach sounds like a suffering life-style.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll at least be trying Corrin.

If he can do what Marth can't anymore, I'll make him a secondary.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
My secondary struggles have been so real lately. Just can't quite find anyone that gels well with Luigi, and I hope that changes with Corrin. Really fascinating character from an amazing series.

Benoas

Smash Cadet
I've always wanted a sword fight in this game that is fast and actually good.

Thanks Sakurai,
Thakurai

D

Deleted member

I definitely will main Corrin when she comes out if she turns out to be a good character. I'm gonna lab with her for about and week and see if I'm satisfied.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I'll definitely be trying to main Corrin! That said I said the same thing about Lucas and went right back to Palutena. (I've put too much work in to her). But I love Fire Emblem and am excited for Fates, so I really hope I'll have some synergy with him!

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Depends on how well she works as a secondary for Falco, but regardless I'll probably spend countless hours on her! My brother and I want to try doing a Robin/Corrin doubles thing, so we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Wait Kratos is voicing him WHY DOES HE SOUND SO ANNOYING -"Ahem"

Dragon Lunge looks like one of "those" moves that just makes you say "oh man I have GOT to try this character." I think I'm hopelessly addicted to Shulk at this point but who knows? Definitely giving them a shot.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
:4corrinf::4corrin:
Corrin fights with so much grace like no other fighter it looks so fluid and smooth.

well maybe :4marth: ya darn pretty boi

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dropped Roy for him, but I doubt he's supercede Cloud.
Same. Roy is a cool character and all, but the way Corrin works looks like it would make more an unpredictable pattern with my fights.

Cherpumple

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cherpumple
Looking forward to potentially maining Corrin, though it all depends on whether I like his playstyle or not. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable dropping my current main for him, but he may be a nice compliment to my Robin for bad matchups. I've always wanted to try having two mains at once so it could be a fun experiment!

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I can give him/her a try, as a I main all the current DLC characters, as well as most of the main roster.

Last edited:

Sk8r151

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfessorSanchez
Super excited for Corrin/Kamui! As a long time fire emblem fan im super excited for fates and my jaw dropped when i saw "choose to smash"

Gasai

Smash Rookie
I'm for sure maining him/her. I voted for corrin in the ballot and even though he didn't win it exactly he still got in so im happy :D

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I hope to give corrin a try and maybe make him/her my secondary. I really like what I'm seeing so far with the combo dash attack (like mega and pac-man) and a similar thing to zero suit Samus.

Plus, forgetting that he/she is another fire emblem rep, we've definitely got a creative fighter in this half dragon :)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Im trying to main a seriously good character. Corrin seems similar to marth (my melee main) in some aspects, but also seems to have nice unique moves that differentiate from the rest of the cast.

I dont main marth after melee because cant withstand that poor imitation of melee´s marth cant even lookat him.

My higher tiered mains are Link and Doc, and the other characters i use are a bunch of good for nothings (Ganon, Palutena, Charizard), so im really looking for a powerful character without having to resort to the imba guys of the top 5.

Im curious to see if Corrin can bring back to me the love of maining a character like i loved maining marth in melee.

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
When going about picking up a character, I figure it has to meet two criteria:

1. Do I like the character?
Dragon-blooded anime girl with a chainsaw sword? Check.

2. Do I enjoy playing with the character?
Yet to be seen. (Of course, bayo is the exception to this rule. I voted for her and will definitely be hardcore labbing her whether she's top tier or cheeks).

Top Bottom