• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So when is he coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's July now, I can't imagine them taking until August to release a character that already looked 95% done.

CAL 2000

Smash Rookie
Important to note that, judging by the fact Brave (Hero) was present in the first datamine of Ultimate, I'm willing to bet he's been worked on since around the same time as Nintendo started work on Joker. And if that's the case, I have a hard time imagining he's not close to or completely done. They're probably just waiting for a good time to drop him.

Drunk Dog

Smash Rookie
Hero will most likely be released on a Saturday, since DQ games are generally released only on Saturday and Sakurai and his crew seem to have a pretty keen attention to detail when it comes to Smash. Just seems like something they would do as a reference or whatever, Idk.

As for which Saturday, best bet is probably the 13th or the 20th. I think I tried to crunch the numbers a while back (reveal trailers to actual release dates with either piranha plant or joker or both), and came up with the date of either July 17th or 18th, and then just rounded those off the the closest Saturday(s). I was pretty wasted at the time and don't remember how that actual math came to be but I'm gna stick with it and say either Saturday, July 13th, or Saturday, July 20th.

So keep a heads up for Saturdays, I guess.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Makes it closer to the release of DQ XI, that's why I've heard people say September. I don't mind waiting because I got things to keep me occupied until then anyway.
September? That's when Autumn starts. Banjo-Kazooie is supposed to come in the Fall.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
September? That's when Autumn starts. Banjo-Kazooie is supposed to come in the Fall.
Actually that's false, Summer officially ends on September 23. They could make it a good ways into September and it would still be Summer.

andree123

Smash Ace
Posted this in the Hero social thread:

The important part is the second paragraph:

"Check out the 25 tutorials and see you soon for a very special Let's Smash! (Who talked about the Hero?)"

Let's Smash being the name of this video series.
Another trailer of the Hero might be coming soon, maybe like the 3.0.0 trailer

henrik

Smash Rookie
Looks like there's scheduled maintenance at night for the next four days (July 7-10).

Nintendo France's Twitter posted a 'Tips & Tricks' video and hinted at Hero for next week's video: "Révisez bien vos 25 tutoriels et à bientôt pour un Let's Smash très spécial ! (Qui a parlé de Héros ? )"
Translates to "Review your 25 tutorials and see you soon for a very special Let's Smash! (Who spoke of Heroes?)"

Drunk Dog

Smash Rookie
Hero will most likely be released on a Saturday, since DQ games are generally released only on Saturday and Sakurai and his crew seem to have a pretty keen attention to detail when it comes to Smash. Just seems like something they would do as a reference or whatever, Idk.

As for which Saturday, best bet is probably the 13th or the 20th. I think I tried to crunch the numbers a while back (reveal trailers to actual release dates with either piranha plant or joker or both), and came up with the date of either July 17th or 18th, and then just rounded those off the the closest Saturday(s). I was pretty wasted at the time and don't remember how that actual math came to be but I'm gna stick with it and say either Saturday, July 13th, or Saturday, July 20th.

So keep a heads up for Saturdays, I guess.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
:ulthero: might be coming in one or two weeks, since Sakurai is going to talk about gameplay which possibly includes the :ulthero:.

Last edited:

SmashMike

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I’m new! So this last post is interesting...are we thinking hero will be released within the next week or two?

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think that necessarily affects the release date. He could talk about him in Famitsu after his showcase.

EDIT: Is he even talking about Hero gameplay?

Last edited:

SmashMike

Smash Rookie
Right, agreed. I speak French and the Nintendo of France post says that last week was their last weekly let’s smash. But it also says that their next one, whenever that is, will be hero related. So not this week, but maybe the next few weeks?

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Right, agreed. I speak French and the Nintendo of France post says that last week was their last weekly let’s smash. But it also says that their next one, whenever that is, will be hero related. So not this week, but maybe the next few weeks?
Good point, when is that exactly? Like when do they do those weekly events?

Did joker release near a famitsu column?

SmashMike

Smash Rookie
I’m not sure about joker. They didn’t indicate when their next thing would be. It’s just not weekly, and their last post was July 6.

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I’m not sure about joker. They didn’t indicate when their next thing would be. It’s just not weekly, and their last post was July 6.
Oh, I meant when was the weekly let's smash that they had. Maybe he'd release then to fill that time?

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh boy, I wondered if he is referring to one of smash bros ultimate's patches.

SmashMike

Smash Rookie
Definitely seems like the patch for Hero would be in prior to the 17th, or August we will see him

henrik

Smash Rookie
The patch cutoff date isn't a hint about Hero's release, it's just to determine what version of the game will be played at major events. Just about every major Smash tournament has dates set roughly a week before the event is held to determine which patch the game will be running on.
I remember Joker came out just a few days before Pound 2019 took place, missing their patch cutoff date by less than 24 hours.

henrik

Smash Rookie
Don't DQ games release during the weekend in Japan? What about today or tomorrow?
Yes, Square Enix's Yuu Miyake said in a Game Informer article that they used to only release on Thursdays, but that kids began to skip school to buy the latest game, "so Dragon Quest started being sold only on Saturdays. Actually, it's the only [series] sold on Saturday."

I don't know if the release of a DLC pack has the same weight as the release of a mainline DQ game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix stuck to their usual Saturday schedule.

On another note, most of Japan's schools don't let out for Summer break until Saturday, July 20th, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hero drops around then.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
it will be July or August.cause they said ''will be released this summer''
if i think about the summer time then that always is July & August! xD
hopefully they don't do it around the Splatoon 2 splatfest..that would be such a jerk move!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Another day, another dissapointment. Hopefully he drops on saturday

D

Deleted member

I think that this video summarizes our mood regarding Hero and the thread at the moment:

lukinator1

Smash Apprentice
the day's not over yet, they released the joker announcement video at nighttime the last time

LunchPolice

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LunchPolice
3DS FC
5456-0847-1584
That private video gives me a lot of hope.
I think an announcement may be imminent, my dudes. :love:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Alright with the schools being until the 20th I doubt it'll be until then. Oh well.

andree123

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The next patch might be a July smash amiibo patch.

Edit:

Sabi might be talking about the Hero not coming in this weekend.

ALSO

I'm really sure that the title would make sense for the Hero's release date.

Edit 2:
Nintendo renamed the July video.
Lupin leak debunked because of Sabi, now I'm expecting the Hero to come in a few days after Splatoon 2's final splatfest.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i'm still hoping for this week being the week, it's gotta be, I just somehow feel it in my gut that this week's the week!
It's honestly the ideal time to release(particularly since the final splatfest is over and there really isn't anything else going on to overshadow it on nintendo's end now)

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
i'm still hoping for this week being the week, it's gotta be, I just somehow feel it in my gut that this week's the week!
It's honestly the ideal time to release(particularly since the final splatfest is over and there really isn't anything else going on to overshadow it on nintendo's end now)
No, it's not like there's a big new first partu game coming out on Friday or anything.
I personally don't think we'll see him this month, I think he will drop a few days after EVO.

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
I don't want to get whiny, but I am starting to feel like this is ridiculous. Both that he's taking so long (they've got 4 characters to release by February. They can't keep this current pace and meet their deadline at the same time) and that we're given so little communication about this. Obviously Nintendo knows when he's going to come out either to the day or within a range of a few days at this point because he's pretty much done. If they just tweeted out "hey, Hero will release at the end of August," I'd feel better than if he shadow dropped sooner than that. I don't see why we have to be strung along and kept in the dark about the release date. Obviously I get why you don't want people knowing who the characters are ahead of time, but why can't we know when they're coming if Nintendo already knows the release date internally?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I don't want to get whiny, but I am starting to feel like this is ridiculous. Both that he's taking so long (they've got 4 characters to release by February. They can't keep this current pace and meet their deadline at the same time) and that we're given so little communication about this. Obviously Nintendo knows when he's going to come out either to the day or within a range of a few days at this point because he's pretty much done. If they just tweeted out "hey, Hero will release at the end of August," I'd feel better than if he shadow dropped sooner than that. I don't see why we have to be strung along and kept in the dark about the release date. Obviously I get why you don't want people knowing who the characters are ahead of time, but why can't we know when they're coming if Nintendo already knows the release date internally?
i have no idea honestly.....there's no reason for them to be this quiet about Hero it just doesn't add up

the worst part is with splatoon 2's splatfest's wrapped up there's not much they can toss out there to distract me from the fact that hero isn't out yet...

Nintendo's Versus Twitter is basically down to just smash news right now and the random tetris 99 tournament so either hero's coming out soon or that twitter account is gonna be pretty dead soon(that's what happens when you only have smash and splatoon tweets keeping that thing active and then splatoon wraps up it's content updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom