• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament So.....skills points are worthless

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
Putting skill points on attack = +10 damage

Putting skill points on defense=+10 defense

Putting skill points on synergy=+3 seconds

I forget the support changes when puttong skill points on it.

The only really usefull is synergy but i think i heard that they dont affect the online matches and only work offline.

Deaga

Smash Cadet
They do affect online with no option of turning them off, actually.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wasn't it percent base and not just 10 extra damage flat? Because it would be silly to have an attack only do 10 extra damage with how much damage scales in this game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, the stat points don't have much of an effect, but I get why they made it that way. Would be pretty unfair if making any kind of mark online required an optimal stat spread at Level 100, wouldn't it?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Each point has approximately 0.1% effect in any given stat (0.1% x 100 for max level cap = 10%)

However, online the stats will scale based on the level your opponent currently is.

Defense is actually the most useful because it also accounts for damage from Assists (Damage Up does not, while Strategy/Synergy are very situational, and most of the time you'd prefer having a permanent 10% all encompassing defense boost)

Top Bottom