• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) So, should we tweet this to Sakurai or Nintendo?

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Being dedicated to competitive Smash is one thing, but raising close to $100 000 for the fight against breast cancer to get the game we love into the premier fighting game tournament in the world, more than a decade after its release, is a whole different ballgame.

Maybe they'll realize that we're not that bad a bunch after all and consider throwing us a bone in Smash 4?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Couldn't hurt. Heck, who knows, they might decide to make a charitable donation as well

El Duderino

Smash Ace
He works with too many Namco fighting devs now not to know.

I'm sure in the future it will come up in an interview and he'll have to comment.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I know leaf tweeted him.
Btw I recommend tweeting https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN Harada also who's working on smash & is of course a bit more "on the competitive side" ;) please do it! (explain that it has to do with EVO too!)

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Some of his support would have went a long way, but nothing doing. Tweeting sakurai couldnt hurt but I would get my hopes of over smash 4. It's pretty clear to me he wants to divorce himself from the melee community entirely.

:phone:

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
I don't think tweeting is the way to go with this. I think someone should write up something that they could email.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, as much as I do like brawl (never bothered to change my sig from 5 years ago after all), I don't think Sakurai himself is very interested in the competitive melee community in North America. I have high hopes for SSB4 though since it due to Namco's involvement.

I think it would be a lot better to tweet it to just Nintendo in general instead of Sakurai?

Exeggutorr

Smash Cadet
Why tweet? It makes so much more sense to write them a well thought out letter rather than having a whole bunch of people tweet the same thing over and over again to them.

Revven

FrankerZ
Why tweet? It makes so much more sense to write them a well thought out letter rather than having a whole bunch of people tweet the same thing over and over again to them.
A letter isn't going to get to them fast enough.

Tweeting is a much faster way and also gets their attention as they're *constantly* checking it (at least Namco, Harada, FilthieRich, etc do).

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Just send everything to everyone every way, why not?
Fax a screencap of Smashboards to Neil Degrasse Tyson. It wouldn't hurt.
It's not like communication is expensive in the industrialized world.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I tweeted Nintendo of America twice. That's just some guy who gets paid to sit there all day on twitter reading and reporting and putting out promotional PR type ****. Also, someone e-mailed Mexican nintendo magazine and they responded by saying the had to check with NoA before endorsing it and NoA said they have to do a thorough background check before donating to any charity. Mexican Nintendo Magazine thing said good luck, they know, let's hope they spin this the right way and give us props or else smh.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I tweeted Nintendo of America twice. That's just some guy who gets paid to sit there all day on twitter reading and reporting and putting out promotional PR type ****. Also, someone e-mailed Mexican nintendo magazine and they responded by saying the had to check with NoA before endorsing it and NoA said they have to do a thorough background check before donating to any charity. Mexican Nintendo Magazine thing said good luck, they know, let's hope they spin this the right way and give us props or else smh.
Yyyyyeah, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing came from it. At this point I'm so used to living with the contempt of Nintendo that it doesn't really bother me that none of them really give two ****s about anybody who wants to try and play it competitively.

The news of Namco-Bandai helping out with SSB4 is good for sure, but I have a feeling that everybody on smashboards is more likely than not still going to be ignored :(.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
I think Anth0ny is saying that hypothetically, yes, it could hurt (to Mic's statement "couldn't hurt").

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Actually, Nintendo did contact mr wizard saying that melee at Evo cannot be confirmed until they do a background check on the charity for pr purposes. Check it out

https://www.google.ca/search?q=rick...wWmvYGQCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=444#i=1
:phone:

Troll aside; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9Zta7K4Ic click view all comments, crtl+F "kr1" thumbs up. I think 100k viewers per day with links to the story would be nice to get covered. You'll see. I sent a message on facebook to him too, would be nice.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
A letter isn't going to get to them fast enough.

Tweeting is a much faster way and also gets their attention as they're *constantly* checking it (at least Namco, Harada, FilthieRich, etc do).
Also, if we're gonna write a letter then it better be a damn good one. And even then, it could easily be ignored.

Top Bottom