• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So now that we know for certain Nintendo is the cause of PM's fall how do you feel?

D

Deleted member

We've had former PM team like Vigilanteblade make comments as well as prolific smash players like Hbox and others involved in the scene like Chia and more as seen in the video below.

We now know for certain without question Nintendo manipulated the scene in private with promises and we also know they really did not like PM.

Personally? I feel rather disgusted at Nintendo for this manipulation and being as how we got Icons Combat Arena which failed to deliver big time as our 'successor', there is a void there.

Arthur97

Smash Master
We now know for certain without question Nintendo manipulated the scene in private with promises and we also know they really did not like PM.
Do we now? Did anyone offer more than their own word? Any real proof? Anything that confirms that Nintendo did these things?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Nintendo isn't just gonna come out and say it. I'd say it's always been pretty obvious that they had a had in it.
But all these accusations and rage without solid evidence. No one has been able to answer me with any actual evidence.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
But all these accusations and rage without solid evidence. No one has been able to answer me with any actual evidence.
The word of dozens of trusted individuals. Sorry if that's not enough for you. Most of this is very legal business stuff so I doubt you'll ever see any concrete evidence unless it gets leaked.

Arthur97

Smash Master
The word of dozens of trusted individuals. Sorry if that's not enough for you. Most of this is very legal business stuff so I doubt you'll ever see any concrete evidence unless it gets leaked.
"Trusted" And, why should I trust them? Especially if they have an axe to grind with Nintendo already cause they won't do what they want?

D

Deleted member

"Trusted" And, why should I trust them? Especially if they have an axe to grind with Nintendo already cause they won't do what they want?
Because they were silent all this time lol. I'll take their word over yours anyday relating to this subject.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Because they were silent all this time lol. I'll take their word over yours anyday relating to this subject.
I should trust them because they were silent? Did it ever occur that people could sieze on some outrage? Just this year we've seen immoral behavior from the community. What's to say lying is beyond them? Especially if it serves a purpose.

And it's not my word, it's that there is no solid evidence to back up these claims. It's not my word vs theirs it's that they haven't seemed to provide anything to back up their claims. Why should I believe them? Do they have any of the emails or communications where Nintendo supposedly made these deals? Do they even have proof that there was malicious intent? It is a company, it's possible there was a shift in direction even if they did make the promises claimed. The fact is, you can't prove these things, and the burden of proof is, at least it's supposed to be, on the accuser. So prove it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom