• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So long, Midwest! I'll be back

Devil Ray

Smash Lord

Goodbye midwest, I'll be going to Korea to teach English for a full year. I'll be back and hopefully I'll be able to play you guys and enjoy melee at its best.

-Major thanks to the Chicago Melee Scene, you guys made me so much better at this game. Shoutouts to Kels, Khepri, Vro, Tink, Trail, Damien(scrub), Cosmo, Medoza, brightside, yoru, Chris, oro, Mattr, MsLano, Big D. Best scene in the MW forsure. I'm really going to miss playing with you guys. such a strong group of players that made smash a great game. i'll be back to play you guys

-Champaign crew, you guys were responsible for my entrance into the scene. i'll remember it

-dew crew, 2nd coolest group i ever played with. george is my boy, awesome and chill player.

-WI players: mundungu, quaz, john!, 18spikes, always good to play you guys. i'm glad you guys stuck with the game and played us Chicago dudes

***Extra props to my boys henrik and zec, they're close friends and smash is just a side dish with them. mad thanks for being there with me. ***

viperboy, jiano, tapion, crashman, i'd fudge you guys up if we played now. you guys were *******s when i first played.

my contract is for a year and i'll be leaving this week. sorry for the lack of notice, but i didn't have much time myself. keep the tournaments ready for me and warm up that cube. i'll be back!

slomo431

Smash Ace
I want to be seeing you vs KDJ vids on youtube by the end of this year. And as much as I'd like to quit I know I'll never be able to, so as soon as you get back I'm probably gonna be in dire need of a smash fix so I'm coming over. Your sister can find some other way to the station.

Later, bro.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Later man, good luck.

I'll earn myself a shoutout when you return.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
oh no ray chun i havent seen you since like last august as it is!

good luck man, maybe i'll stop by

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Ray you're a hella chill guy. And I thank you for all your support at my tournaments. When you return, we'll throw a tourney in your honor. :)

Make it there and back safely.

Play some Koreans in Melee too if u get the chance. I want stories.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Thanks for the shoutout Ray. Man we have had some fun *** times smashing and making fun of that john9blue kid! LOL . Your trashtalk is legendary dude. KDJ is like the ultimate trash talker, so take some lessons from him and you'll be unstoppable.

See you when you get back buddy.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
George introduced you to me.

Korea is such a good place to teach English right? lol
you don't need to try so hard, you get sh*t loads of money from koreans. haha

so many of my friends came to Korea to teach english before they get actual jobs and whatnot.

I am in Seoul, so is MYL (Marcus).
KDJ is in way down in Ulsan, I think.

he visits seoul once in a while, so, i am sure you will get to meet Daniel.

do you know where in Korea you are staying?
or where you are teaching at?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
chicago ppz, you guys were too good. thanks for the fun times.

<3 the dew crew ;)

big d is the man.

sveet, we disagreed on stuff but i had fun playing you, dude

webster, you're too good at TO'ing. i'll miss your tournies

____

sup mecatomato, i'm going to be teaching in Pyungcheon, near Anyang. I'm about a 40min train ride from Seoul. i have yet to find an apt, but i'll be doing that in the upcoming week. I hope we get to meet, dude.

i'll miss you, Midwest. **** the coasts, MW is where the love is at!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
sup mecatomato, i'm going to be teaching in Pyungcheon, near Anyang. I'm about a 40min train ride from Seoul. i have yet to find an apt, but i'll be doing that in the upcoming week. I hope we get to meet, dude.
heh

if you need to contact me,

MSN: mecatomato@msn.com
AIM: MausTCV
phone: 010 3002 5761
e-mail: schi3@gatech.edu

any mean that is convinient for you.

I go by name Agate (æɡət),
also known as Maus in this field.... although I left 'this field' >_>

If you need help getting things around, or any question regarding living in korea or whatnot,
just let me know

i will help you out as long as you aren't asking for something ridiculous. lol

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i am flying out tomorrow afternoon and i have a week of pre-work training stuff to take care of once i get there. i'm going to be with family for a little and it'll take time to get settled in.

it'd be awesome if i can get smash in the next couple of weeks, but we'll have to see. i'm missing chicago-land already

mecatomato

Smash Lord
i am flying out tomorrow afternoon and i have a week of pre-work training stuff to take care of once i get there. i'm going to be with family for a little and it'll take time to get settled in.

it'd be awesome if i can get smash in the next couple of weeks, but we'll have to see. i'm missing chicago-land already
for smash bros issue,
you might want to talk to Marcus, not me. lol

AIM: yslee197
MSN: myl197@hotmail.com
E-mail: either myl197@hotmail.com or myl197@gmail.com

Korea for 1 year!? Good luck with that I'll be the top in the midwest when you come back.

BTW play SC2 while ur there
i will make sure I bring him to PC Bangs

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Korea for 1 year!? Good luck with that I'll be the top in the midwest when you come back.

BTW play SC2 while ur there
ROFL!!

i'm the only korean that likes smash more than starcraft. i guess i'll have to trade in my gc controller for a super-lazer mouse and keyboard.

i've heard of this marcus before. i'll show him the product of Chicago-style training :laugh:

mecatomato

Smash Lord
ROFL!!

i'm the only korean that likes smash more than starcraft. i guess i'll have to trade in my gc controller for a super-lazer mouse and keyboard.

i've heard of this marcus before. i'll show him the product of Chicago-style training :laugh:
Ha, i was about to ask.. lol
whether you are korean or chinese.
I know some Cheon s but haven't seen many Chun/Jeon/Jun s.

well, i use Chi instead of Ji... bleh whatever. haha

question answered. lol

i am really bad at SC. >_>

I like SC, SF4, etc...
I am just bad at all of them lol failure.

i am decent at Ez2Dj..
but that's basically a single player rhythm game in the Arcade..
and I used to be 'actually' good/decent at WC 3 Frozen Throne, but no one plays it now, even myself...
so... yeah... >_>

Top Bottom