• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So is anyone like me?

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
Spoiling themselves crazy over the characters/stages/etc but not spoiling the SSE?

That's how I am. Unfortunately, I have seen a few spoilers, but I'm trying to forget them.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I know all the characters, don't really care about the stages and only know a few details about the Subspace Emissary. Actually a few major plot points but I'm not really playing smash for the story anyways.

Nigguh-witta-attitude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwameKamikaze
Yeah, not looking t aae what is there really to be spoiled about the characters why wouldn't you want to see them? But that's just me.

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
What I've done is spil the stages and roster "by name", as in I know what they are, but I don't let myself see them until they appear on the Dojo, and even then that's all I see.

I know the roster, even though I wasn't going to spoil it orginally, because people had been posting the roster as a "leak" for a while, and then it was confirmed, so I knew the roster before the game ever came out. Stages aren't really a big spoiler, so I don't mind about that.

I've managed to avoid pretty much any spoiler for SSE apart from Dojo updates.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I spoiled the character roster and been doing good avoiding everything else.

It wouldn't be right if someone spoiled themselves now (unless you're in Europe or Australia) since we got 7 days left.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol all chars, idc about stages bu no SEE for me!! not a single vid woot.

whats better then knowing al lthe chars? playing them yesturday!

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I'm the same way. At First I just wanted to know all there was to know about Luigi, but once I found out Luigi's final smash and special moves, I ended up looking for info and videos on all the characters.

I think that I am going to try and lay off looking up smash Bros Gameplay videos in this final week before Brawl. I'm a little worried that I've overexposed myself to Brawl before I've even played the game.

I haven't looked up stages, but I dont avoid stage spoilers either.

And I avoid SSE spoilers as much as I can.

Zevox

Smash Lord
A lot of people are the same. I know I am. Personally, I don't consider the characters, stages, etc etc to be spoilers. Its the same surprise whether you discover them while playing game or outside of it, and knowing them in advance allows you to know how to unlock them in advance, rather than stumbling through the game blindly hoping to get lucky and unlock something. Its only story-based aspects of the game like SSE, which are created to be enjoyed specifically through discovering them in-context, that I consider spoilers and thus try to avoid.

Zevox

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm the same. Spoiling everything but SSE.
Well, that went down the drain when my brother was watching the ending. I remember the Ancient Minister spoiler but very little else.
You told me to restart the video so you could see the whole thing. You've no one to blame but yourself.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
Character : Yes
Everything else : No.

Some ****ot PM'd me the identity of the Ancient Minister though, I'm not checking any more PM's till I have beaten the SSE

NukeA6

Smash Master
Character : Yes
Everything else : No.

Some ****ot PM'd me the identity of the Ancient Minister though, I'm not checking any more PM's till I have beaten the SSE
I reported that ******* yesterday. Sorry that had to happen.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I have sinned.

Iono why I'm here.

Well if Brawl was released Feb 10 I would of resisted. But it wasn't so yeah.

Everything but SSE, but was spoiled about who ancient minister is...... dam blacked out text!!!
This. I've also spoiled some miscellaneous vague facts about SSE, such as
Sonic saves the day
Ganondorf betrays bowser
But I don't know enough about the story mode to make anything from it.

white_mage

Smash Cadet
I watched one cutscene of SSE, and only because it was labeled as EPIC...
it was cool looking, but nothing unexpected.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I saw the whole SSE a while ago, but I can't really remember much between the cutscenes the rather long side-scrolling smashing inbetween. :/

Haven't seen the trophies, events and challenge stuff yet.

Rampage

vx
I know some brawl info. Just the basics

Characters, Stages, some unlockables. but that's about it.

I've seen the first part of SSE ending but I don't care too much

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I spoiled every bit of detail! expect SSE,i just know that the SSE has a boss called Taboo....and it will be awesome,and
Peter Griffin
is
not
in it

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ya know, you could put the name of the boss in spoilers. Then again, I don't know any boss with that name so it doesn't matter much to me.

BTW (do not highlight unless you know absolutely everything about this game),
I just found out that there were going to be more characters from SmashWiki. Toon Zelda, Mewtwo, Plusle and Minun (yuck), Roy, and Dr. Mario are supposed to be playable but are only partially programmed and can only be accessed through hacking. I hope they're playable through the US version to make up for the delay but that's doubtful.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Halfway, I did watch a vid of the first half of the SSE but remaining ignorant of the second half. Also spoiled ALL the stages + characters + modes etc etc etc.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, characters and stages aren't really spoilers, they're just crap that the faster I know about, the faster I get. I have only watched 1 SSE video and it really wasn't much of a spoiler. I have unfortunately stumbled upon two or three spoilers that I have tried to forget... and I actually just remembered one D:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
BTW (do not highlight unless you know absolutely everything about this game),
I just found out that there were going to be more characters from SmashWiki. Toon Zelda, Mewtwo, Plusle and Minun (yuck), Roy, and Dr. Mario are supposed to be playable but are only partially programmed and can only be accessed through hacking. I hope they're playable through the US version to make up for the delay but that's doubtful.
They can't be accessed, there's not enough data.

Plus don't get too excited about the SE, it's rather disapointing.

NukeA6

Smash Master
They can't be accessed, there's not enough data.

Plus don't get too excited about the SE, it's rather disapointing.
If it's at least better than Adventure mode, I'm good. I'm not expecting it to be just like Metroid or Castlevania.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I've spoiled everything but the SSE, lol. I figured I should because I think I knew Melee's roster prior to owning it, too.

Someone spoiled part of the SSE for me, and the SSE itself is going to spoil other games for me. Spoil spoil spoil! But I'll live with it.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Spoiling themselves crazy over the characters/stages/etc but not spoiling the SSE?

That's how I am. Unfortunately, I have seen a few spoilers, but I'm trying to forget them.
I'm sure a buttload of people do it. Mostly because the character information and stuff actually helps you out when you first start playing, but knowing the SSE storyline just ruins it ahead of time. There's no benefit.

Top Bottom