• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So Im new to Mii Swordfighter..

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Im a generic player, a Mii Gunner Pocket, and I just picked up Mii Swordfighter. Im still new to him, and Im kind of sick of the generic Tornado Hero Spin Killz and I can never use the chakram properly, so I adopted a completely different moveset. I decided to use 2111 (I know) and like the utility of the shuriken for jablock setups out of nair and in combonation with the Airborne assault to catch techs from nair as a kill setup. Airborne Assault feels like a store-brand Flare Blitz in that it covers techs and moves a horizontal distance, and has decent killpower for a burst move. Also fairy hard to punish on shield. Because Hero's Spin is only really there for the kill confirm and occasionally catch landings, I ditched it for the supirior recovery move Stone Scabbard.
The unusual moveset allows for:
-Nair ->(Opp. missed tech) shuriken x2 -> first hit fair Usmash or,
-Nair ->(Opp. tech) dashback side-B for a kill confirm. The dashback allows it to catch tech rolls towards you.
Shuriken is a weird move but in my opinion fits my playstyle better as a zoning tool and doesn't require complex inputs to do kill confirms off of. I don't have a gamecube controller and the sticks on my Joycons are a bit "slippery" so its hard to only smash inputs or only tilt inputs.
What do you guys think?

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Hi, Im a generic player, a Mii Gunner Pocket, and I just picked up Mii Swordfighter. Im still new to him, and Im kind of sick of the generic Tornado Hero Spin Killz and I can never use the chakram properly, so I adopted a completely different moveset. I decided to use 2111 (I know) and like the utility of the shuriken for jablock setups out of nair and in combonation with the Airborne assault to catch techs from nair as a kill setup. Airborne Assault feels like a store-brand Flare Blitz in that it covers techs and moves a horizontal distance, and has decent killpower for a burst move. Also fairy hard to punish on shield. Because Hero's Spin is only really there for the kill confirm and occasionally catch landings, I ditched it for the supirior recovery move Stone Scabbard.
The unusual moveset allows for:
-Nair ->(Opp. missed tech) shuriken x2 -> first hit fair Usmash or,
-Nair ->(Opp. tech) dashback side-B for a kill confirm. The dashback allows it to catch tech rolls towards you.
Shuriken is a weird move but in my opinion fits my playstyle better as a zoning tool and doesn't require complex inputs to do kill confirms off of. I don't have a gamecube controller and the sticks on my Joycons are a bit "slippery" so its hard to only smash inputs or only tilt inputs.
What do you guys think?
Unique for sure. Try what you like best, tornado is really good though. They have custom move sets for a reason nonetheless, and maybe the super armor on shuriken of light can come in use.

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I like it. I prefer to go with those two specials as well. I don't care for the lag or combos from the tornado and while the chakram can be nice I see less need for it when using the shuriken and would rather use Airborne Assault. The shuriken with the frequency your able to throw them out can actually gimp some character's recoveries and as I heard someone else say, "is what Falco wished he lasers were" Seeing as how I use Falco's lasers and Dark-Pit's arrows I highly appreciete this move as it fits my personal style of pressuring approaches. I actually use the other recovery move you didn't mention because its highly flexible in how you can use it and is a nice and quick high damage burst option dealing a whopping 25% or so.
Cool combos you mentioned. I wasn't aware of them as I also haven't had much time to play with the character.

Top Bottom