• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So im a zelda player, i am thinking about secondarying Palu, im just wondering a few things

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I have no issues with Palu, i just am wondering if she is popular in a competitive level. I just dont want to play a popular character because i wouldnt feel very special. Does it matter?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
She is popular at a competitive level as she is considered higher tier. She definitely gets good results in tournaments. I wouldn't back out of trying to pick her up just because she's so popular though.

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
She is popular at a competitive level as she is considered higher tier. She definitely gets good results in tournaments. I wouldn't back out of trying to pick her up just because she's so popular though.
I also have a few characters i have been messing around with. They are palu, wii fit, lucario, olimar, and pokemon trainer . How do i pick? Any advice?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I also have a few characters i have been messing around with. They are palu, wii fit, lucario, olimar, and pokemon trainer . How do i pick? Any advice?
I'd go with the character you're most confident with. If it's a toss-up between that bunch, I'd go with either Palu as she compliments Zelda's playstyle and would make for a solid secondary if your Zelda gets in a bad matchup.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
There's no shame in playing a popular character/top tier. I think it's kinda toxic to shame people for who they play, especially since there are only a handful of characters in Ultimate who don't see their share of play. Play Palu as your secondary if that's who you like best :3

Top Bottom