• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"So...I might main Yoshi"

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Is what I told a friend. There's a bit more to it than just that sentence, but you can read that below should you wish. For now, hi! Any hints/tips/general discussion about using Yoshi would be awesome. I've started reading the 'How to Hatch a Healthy Yoshi' guide, but if there's more then please feel free to post it here for me. Thanks!

Psy.

Back-Story: I've been playing Brawl since it came out and have jumped from main to main several times, never once landing on Metaknight or Snake; I think I just like playing as lower-tier characters more for some reason. That being said, my current main is Peach (hardly a low-tier character). I went to a tournament to play Brawl last week and I got my butt kicked by a few of the guys there, only winning one or two games here or there. I don't play as consistently as I used to, but I didn't know I'd be beaten THAT easily considering the fact that I had played quite well with Peach in the past. Then it occurred to me that, since I no longer play the game as much as I used to, jumping from character to character didn't allow me to commit fully to a single character's mind-game. I then realised that I wanted something new from Peach, Pit, Ness, Jigglypuff (I know, right?!) and ROB who I had mained before. Smash 4 is round the corner, and while I wait for that, I want to commit to a new character who will be fun to play as, and who I can actually try to get good with. So here I am. In the Yoshi boards. Knocking on the door and hoping that you lot will accept me with open arms and try to help me become an awesome Yoshi player. If you have any questions, or if you want to talk about something relevant, don't hesitate to post on here or PM me. Thanks!

Psy.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
well hello psymon. Yoshi is my main in All 3 smash games (and project M when it debut's) So welcome to the board. if you need any advice or questions feel free to ask away. I'm not hard to find and i'm on here often checking out yoshi stuff.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Thank you, dude! I'll only be playing Brawl, so any questions I may throw at you will be relating to that (just a heads up!). Cheers for the welcome though =)

Scatz

Smash Champion
Welcome. There's a good start in that guide, so read up on it for basics at least. We can help you if you need clarification later on. There's also a skype chat, but I'm not there typically with my new work schedule. I'm sure someone can add you to that when this site stops being stupid.

Shmoopy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jordanious24
3DS FC
3995-6588-3249
If you want my advice, don't jump too much. Same goes for that down-B. It can be easily predicted and punishable.
Dash attacks are usually effective though, and if you're gonna use his tongue, be certain you have the opportunity

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I main Yoshi in Brawl and he is fun! He is just very unique and fun to play. DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT THE TIER LIST SAYS! They say Yoshi is bad, but I do not care about tier lists. Go with whoever you feel comfortable with! Come to me if you need any help!:4yoshi:

Top Bottom