• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I have recently been thinking about secondary maining Ness, any encouragement to do it?

QuinnyPooh

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-3667-8510
Switch FC
SW 0408 4509 3500
I have been playing Zelda recently because I want to main her in Ultimate, but currently I’m not really winning much, so it looks like I need a change of plans. I was playing For Glory and I decided to switch to Ness because I was on a lose streak and, shockingly, I did pretty well. A loss here and there, but that’s usual. Do you guys have any tips or helpful advice if I’m about to pick up Ness?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Learn how to recover well as Ness and do not be predictable with it. Learn how to auto-cancel dair (the input is super lenient, just fast fall during the long start-up and that's it). Practice confirming his down-tilt trip into f-smash and get comfortable with using his aerials for edgeguards and especially n-air to break out of not true combos if the opponent is too close to you.

Besides that, I can refer you to the Ness Discord where they can go more in-depth over Ness techniques and strategies.

QuinnyPooh

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-3667-8510
Switch FC
SW 0408 4509 3500
Learn how to recover well as Ness and do not be predictable with it. Learn how to auto-cancel dair (the input is super lenient, just fast fall during the long start-up and that's it). Practice confirming his down-tilt trip into f-smash and get comfortable with using his aerials for edgeguards and especially n-air to break out of not true combos if the opponent is too close to you.

Besides that, I can refer you to the Ness Discord where they can go more in-depth over Ness techniques and strategies.[/QUOT

Besides that, I can refer you to the Ness Discord where they can go more in-depth over Ness techniques and strategies.
That would be super cool if you could

QuinnyPooh

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-3667-8510
Switch FC
SW 0408 4509 3500
Oh gotcha haha, thank you!

Top Bottom